1.2.2 TV sound problems (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I can confirm this, no sound on MTV Live HD (asta 19.2).
    This was working correctly with mp 1.2.1 (prefer AC3 disabled).

Which audio decoder are you using ?

Can you attach logs showing the problem please ?

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: 1.2.2 TV sound problems

Maybe that means it doesn't decode the audio and just passes the stream to SPDIF...
    Well, it worked for 1.2.1, didn't it. But I can certainly test other codes if you wish, just tell me what to do. I saw that 1.2.2 contains LAV now and gave it a try. Unfortunately it gave me no picture for HD TV stations so I changed it back to Microsoft.

In any case I will be gone for two days now, hence no testing result before Wednesday.

Best regards,
    HTPC_Sourcer

It would be good if you could try LAV Audio decoder - at least that might tell us if it's the audio stream switching in MP player/TsReader.ax or something specific to the MS DTV audio decoder.

Tony

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I can confirm this behavior. Don't know if it's related to MP1.2.2, I have noticed this before as well.

Including logs for MS DVD-DTV audio codec, and LAV audio. The same problem occurs.

Step by step;

1) Start MP and go to TV.
    2) Start channel SVT1, Dolby Digital is ok.
    3) Press 4, TV4 is selected (only PCM available).
    4) Press 1, SVT1 is selected. No audio available.

To recover select PCM audio in context menu, then select AC3 again.

In the second log (LAV audio) I was able to recover by switching to SVT2 (also DD) and then back to SVT1.

Note that SVT1 and 2 is on the same Mux and TV4 is on another mux.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    I upgraded yesterday to 1.2.2 from 1.2.1 and now have no sound from MP. Music/sound from Windows works. Tried a couple different codecs. Logs attached.

There's nothing obvious in the logs - is the problem just with TV, or do you get no sound at all from MP ?

(With MP playing something, I'd check the Windows sound volume mixer 'MediaPortal' slider, in case it's got set to zero for some reason).

Tony

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: 1.2.2 TV sound problems

Tony,
    It would be good if you could try LAV Audio decoder - at least that might tell us if it's the audio stream switching in MP player/TsReader.ax or something specific to the MS DTV audio decoder.

I switched all TV audio codecs to LAV.
    • The good news is that the "no sound" problem when using numbers/EPG is gone.
    • The bad news is that now all channels are PCM only. All DD channels are downgraded to PCM!
    If anyone would like to try it, the standard MP 1.2.1 TsReader.ax is attached -> here <-
    Switched codecs back to MS-DTV and replaced the tsreader.ax by the 1.2.1 version - no sound problems. So the issue is clearly linked to the new tsreader.ax.

Regards, HTPC_Sourcer

Meier

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: 1.2.2 TV sound problems

Hello everybody.

I have exactly the same problem:
    1. Turn on TV and start Timeshifting with a DolbyDigital Channel (Ac3) (Everything is working fine)
    2. Switch to a Channel with Stereo sound (Everything is working fine)
    3. Switch back to a Channel with DolbyDigital (no sound is hearable) (On the decoder it is still a Stereo Signal displayed)
    4. Switch to another Channel with DD (or change back soundtrack (?) to Stereo and than again to DD) (Everything is fine again)

I just tried the mentioned TSreader.ax from 1.2.1 - Problem is gone.

It doesn't matter which Codec i Choose (Microsoft, MPC, LAV) - the behaviour is always the same.

I didn't attach logs because there are already some available - if you need more just say a word and I create them.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: 1.2.2 TV sound problems

Tony,

I switched all TV audio codecs to LAV.
    • The good news is that the "no sound" problem when using numbers/EPG is gone.
    • The bad news is that now all channels are PCM only. All DD channels are downgraded to PCM!
    If anyone would like to try it, the standard MP 1.2.1 TsReader.ax is attached -> here <-
    Switched codecs back to MS-DTV and replaced the tsreader.ax by the 1.2.1 version - no sound problems. So the issue is clearly linked to the new tsreader.ax.

Regards, HTPC_Sourcer

OK - can you generate a set of logs using 1.2.1 TsReader with the same channel change sequence you used to generate the 1.2.2 TsReader logs ? (I can then compare the two sets of logs)

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Re: AW: 1.2.2 TV sound problems

Hello everybody.

I have exactly the same problem:
    1. Turn on TV and start Timeshifting with a DolbyDigital Channel (Ac3) (Everything is working fine)
    2. Switch to a Channel with Stereo sound (Everything is working fine)
    3. Switch back to a Channel with DolbyDigital (no sound is hearable) (On the decoder it is still a Stereo Signal displayed)
    4. Switch to another Channel with DD (or change back soundtrack (?) to Stereo and than again to DD) (Everything is fine again)

I just tried the mentioned TSreader.ax from 1.2.1 - Problem is gone.

It doesn't matter which Codec i Choose (Microsoft, MPC, LAV) - the behaviour is always the same.

I didn't attach logs because there are already some available - if you need more just say a word and I create them.

Yes - logs please :)

Tony

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: 1.2.2 TV sound problems

OK - can you generate a set of logs using 1.2.1 TsReader with the same channel change sequence you used to generate the 1.2.2 TsReader logs ? (I can then compare the two sets of logs)
    Attached.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom