1.2.2 TV sound problems (1 Viewer)

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The new TsReader.ax fixed my problems as well. :D

About accidentially pressing m(ute). Volume up (+ on keyboard) unmutes both when using RCA and SPDIF connection. Tried on two different systems both with Win7 x64. I can't really remember if this was the case in Win XP as well, at least I know that I have been struggling with this "no sound bug" in the past...

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I was getting freezing when switching to/from ITV1 HD last night and today, where sometimes it'd freeze for ~15 seconds then play without sound until I pressed the remote button mapped to switching audio streams, or it would crash completely.

Just installed the "fixed" 1.2.2 TsReader.ax from this thread, seems to be working fine now. :)

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have another problem that may be related. I'm using the TsReader.ax from this thread, but I have noticed with the default reader as well.

MP sometimes hangs when swithing between channels using Dolby Digital, or from a channel using stereo to a channel with Dolby Digital. I have only been able to reproduce the problem when "prefer AC-3" is selected.

Hangs in this context is that MP starts to switch the channel, the screen goes black with OSD visible. OSD is present all the time. MP is unresponsive (stop, home, etc doesn't work). However, in some cases I have been able to recover by changing to a another channel (not DD) by pressing numeric on remote.

I did manage to grab some logs;
    In MediaPortalLogs_08_01_12__17_46.zip MP hangs at 17.43.

Edit; Just noticed the post by Vasilich (two steps above), I'll try the referenced TsReader.ax as well...

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    I have another problem that may be related. I'm using the TsReader.ax from this thread, but I have noticed with the default reader as well.

MP sometimes hangs when swithing between channels using Dolby Digital, or from a channel using stereo to a channel with Dolby Digital. I have only been able to reproduce the problem when "prefer AC-3" is selected.

Hangs in this context is that MP starts to switch the channel, the screen goes black with OSD visible. OSD is present all the time. MP is unresponsive (stop, home, etc doesn't work). However, in some cases I have been able to recover by changing to a another channel (not DD) by pressing numeric on remote.

I did manage to grab some logs;
    In MediaPortalLogs_08_01_12__17_46.zip MP hangs at 17.43.

Edit; Just noticed the post by Vasilich (two steps above), I'll try the referenced TsReader.ax as well...

I think you have the (old) RTSP 'infinite loop' problem - try TsReader_noStopMod41 from https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/811296-post5.html

Tony

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Tried TsReader_noStopMod41, seems to fix the problem. However when testing I lost audio (DD) once on a channel change.

Attaching log.

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think it was to SVT2, 22:02:49.402400. Then changed to SVT1 (DD) still no sound, then to TV5 and 6 (stereo). Then back to SVT2, and audio was back.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    As far as I can tell, MP is doing the graph rebuilding correctly on channel changes, so I guess it might be the MS DTV-DVD Audio Decoder mis-behaving.

It's not actually supposed to decode AC3 for non-Microsoft applications (see Microsoft MPEG-1/DD/AAC Audio Decoder ), so try using FFDShow or LAV Audio decoders instead.

Tony

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I will try with LAV Audio as well, I'll post log if I can reproduce the problem.

Regarding the MS DVD-DTV Audio codec, it's only the actual decoding of DD that is limited to MS applications. DD/DTS pass-through works for all applications (in this case DD can't claim any licensing fees...).

Note; I'm using an optical S/PDIF to connect to an AVR. DD/DTS are bitstreamed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom