Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So it seems there are two basic problems (and fixes) in this thread:

1. There is a bug in the latest TsReader.ax which can cause live TV sound to disappear channel changes - this is fixed with the modified TsReader.ax already posted.

2. Sometimes the upgrade process resets the MP volume slider in Windows sound mixer to zero - this results in no sound at all from MP - fixed by playing something in MP and adjusting the slider to the correct setting.

Tony

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: 1.2.2 TV sound problems

tony:
    Can we replace our 1.2.2 TSReader.ax with the fixed one you provided in this thread or should there be more testing?
    Thanks for you great and continous work! =)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Hi Tony

Pretty sure the muted bit is not installer related, this just crops up time to time on the forum anyway, once muted stays that way for MP only, have done it myself a number of times accidently.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    2. Sometimes the upgrade process resets the MP volume slider in Windows sound mixer to zero - this results in no sound at all from MP - fixed by playing something in MP and adjusting the slider to the correct setting.

Tony,

This seems really unlikely. Have you been able to confirm that this happens and worked out what code is responsible, or are you basing this on symptoms? I would have thought that if this has only affected one person then (no disrespect) it is just as likely that the user has leaned on the 'volume down' key without realising. I have done a similar thing before with books on the keyboard.

Just an observation, as we should not go looking for additional troubles.

Mark

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: 1.2.2 TV sound problems

Pretty sure the muted bit is not installer related, this just crops up time to time on the forum anyway, once muted stays that way for MP only, have done it myself a number of times accidently.
    Guys, don't be too quick judging. I had exactly the same issue. MP sound was muted abd there was no mute sign displayed. Eventually I hit M and the sound was bak, however, it took me a while and it was only by accident...

regards,
    HTPC_Sourcer

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Re: 1.2.2 TV sound problems

Guys, don't be too quick judging. I had exactly the same issue. MP sound was muted abd there was no mute sign displayed. Eventually I hit M and the sound was bak, however, it took me a while and it was only by accident...

regards,
    HTPC_Sourcer

I don't think anyone is judging. However, it is easy to hit the 'M' key to mute.

What we really need is clear notification on every screen when sound is muted.

Mark

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    I wasn't meaning to point a finger at the MP installer re: the general 'no sound' problem - just trying to summarise the issues raised in the thread so far. I haven't updated to MP 1.2.2 yet - much too risky over the Christmas period :)

@Tony:
    Can we replace our 1.2.2 TSReader.ax with the fixed one you provided in this thread or should there be more testing?
    Thanks for you great and continous work! =)

I was waiting a bit longer to see if there are any problems reported with the 'fixed' TsReader.ax. I've already re-opened Mantis 3737 (targetted at MP 1.2.3), and I'll commit the modified code to the 3737 bug fix branch. After that it's someone else's decision what to do next.

Tony

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country

Now that is a problem, once muted and MP is shutdown, then restarted, MP shows no indication that it has been muted, but for me volume button will unmute, does this also work for spdif users, unlikely i would of thought as MP has no control over that.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

Now that is a problem, once muted and MP is shutdown, then restarted, MP shows no indication that it has been muted, but for me volume button will unmute, does this also work for spdif users, unlikely i would of thought as MP has no control over that.

I am sure there has been some discussion of this in the internal team forums.

We have this 0002968: Mute icon not shown after stopping playback - MediaPortal Bugtracker in mantis, but nothing else I can find. I am tempted to mantis this so we don't forget about it, but maybe we can check the internal discussion to see if there is a technical reason why we can't have a audio OSD on screen all the time when audio is muted.

Mark

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Mark you do not use spdif, can you confirm it works for you with volume button, really think this is digital audio output only problem, just need a few users to say yes or no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom