100% CPU Usage and still Stutter, need a new Graphic Card? (1 Viewer)

bigboss97

Portal Pro
January 31, 2006
Sydney
Home Country
jdivic said:
I have iMon display and when I use plugin for driving that display I have processor load of about 20-30% when idle. If I turn display and plugin off procesor load when idle is about 5%

Before I order my iMon, I would like to check one more thing.
Is it easy to turn off (and on) the VFD, I mean by remote control?
As you know, I have already 25% CPU load and it goes up to 75% when I'm watching TV. If I use VFD then my CPU will be overloaded :-(
But I don't mind to watch TV without display, my screen is on anyway, or do you think that the display is still useful while watching TV or video?

jdivic

Portal Pro
October 25, 2005
Croatia
It has some usability while watching TV or video but it is not crucial... however you can't easily turn VFD off by remote because problem with 25% processor load I have is related to mediaportal's plugin which drives the VFD.
However you can easily turn your PC on or off via iMON remote... I know that it was not the question but it is neat feature... :)

bigboss97

Portal Pro
January 31, 2006
Sydney
Home Country
jdivic said:
It has some usability while watching TV or video but it is not crucial... however you can't easily turn VFD off by remote because problem with 25% processor load I have is related to mediaportal's plugin which drives the VFD.
However you can easily turn your PC on or off via iMON remote... I know that it was not the question but it is neat feature... :)
It seems RC3 has fixed my problem. Now it's less than 10% in idle state and ~60% when watching TV.
Time to order the iMon :)

bigboss97

Portal Pro
January 31, 2006
Sydney
Home Country
bigboss97 said:
jdivic said:
About cutting the hole in case... hm... if you dare to cut your case probably it would be better to get one iMon VFD device first and to see if it is possible to disassemble it
I might be able to drill some holes and install the metal between the VDF and its electronic. What do you think?
Yes! I've got it installed. It fits between the platic front and the metal case. But I still had to cut a small hole for a cable. I will upload some photos :)
Thank you for all the advice.

Now I'm struggling to get it work properly. I found an *.imo file in the forum. But the remote is still not working perfectly. I guess that I need a key mapping file. Can any one send me the *.imo file with its key mapping file (if required). My enail is homeAThuaonlineDOTcom, thanks.

Still having problem with VFD, I chose 3rd party plugin in iMon and external display in MP. I found a post saying that re-install can help. I'm going to try it now.

bigboss97

Portal Pro
January 31, 2006
Sydney
Home Country
Just tried re-install, the VFD still doesn't want to work with MP :-(
I did these:
1) Set VFD to plug-in mode.
2) Enabled external display plug-in in MP setup and select iMon.
Do I need to allow 3rd party program to use iMon driver? I've tried both.
My VFD always shows "plug-in mode". But if I changed it to Auto mode it's working fine.

BoelShit

Portal Pro
November 6, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
bigboss97 said:
Just tried re-install, the VFD still doesn't want to work with MP :-(
I did these:
1) Set VFD to plug-in mode.
2) Enabled external display plug-in in MP setup and select iMon.
Do I need to allow 3rd party program to use iMon driver? I've tried both.
My VFD always shows "plug-in mode". But if I changed it to Auto mode it's working fine.

1) is correct
2) try the other iMon option in the external display!!!

You don't have to put the iMon to use 3rd party programs.

bigboss97

Portal Pro
January 31, 2006
Sydney
Home Country
BoelShit said:
2) try the other iMon option in the external display!!!
I selected iMon VDF previously, now I picked SOUNDGRAPH iMon.
It's working, yippie! :lol:
Thanks a lot

bigboss97

Portal Pro
January 31, 2006
Sydney
Home Country
jdivic said:
Don't forget to send pictures if you decide to do that mod... :)
I've decided for the easier way :)
http://folksfun.blogspot.com/2006/05/how-to-install-imon-vfd-in-tsunami-pc_20.html
because this can cover all the holes if they are not cut properly and this also make it possible to fit the VFD in betwwen which saves me to cut bigger hole on the metal case.
A major reason why I didn't even try your suggestion is... in order to put the VFD closer to the front I have to remove the plastic front and only keep glass in front of the display. This kind of irreversible operation will kill my warranty.

Phuoc Can HUA

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom