1080i material not deinterlacing under 1.0.1.0 (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Also, I am not using DXVA. I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. Once I enable DXVA, FPS drops slightly below 30 FPS and jitter/drops increase.

60 is result of the DXVA hardware deinterlace. Usually software interlacing is wither bob or weave (if you aren't using something more advanced from ffdshow for example) and by design those two deinterlace modes are only able to provide the 30fps.

jbf154

Portal Member
    February 6, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks tourettes. Is there a software deinterlace in ffdshow that would provide the 60fps? I can try that out and see if my CPU can handle it. If it can't, then maybe I'll finally shell out the $$$ for a new video card.

jbf154

Portal Member
    February 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Andrew H,

Have you done any H.264 DXVA? I have an HD-PVR connected to my cable STB and the resolution locked to 720p. I'd like to lock it at 1080i and get the 60fps with the DXVA with a N9500GT. I'm curious to see what your results are.

If you need a clip, let me know and I can upload one for you if you don't mind.

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    I don't have any .264 material that I know about because (as we both know) ATSC is mpeg-2 and not .264. I have some .mkv files that are pretty large resolution (looking at Options from inside MP-HC) and they play just fine... although I suspect they are not interlaced. The fact is I had no issue with the .mkv files before the 1.0.1. interlace recode (the subject of this thread) but have mentioned how much less CPU using the .264 MP-VideoDecoder over the PDVDx that I had been using. I'll guess they will not allow a large post on here but if you have a host, post the link and I'll try it on my system... I suspect it'll be no problem because I'm fine on mpeg-2 at 1080i aside from the additional decoding of the .264

Maybe someone can address whether there IS such a thing as .264-encoded, interlaced video? I suspect the HD-PRV may deinterlace on the fly before performing the .264 encode. Anyone?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah I know the CPU won't do HT3 - will that affect a separate video card? On a related note, perhaps the h/w requirements on the MP wiki should be updated to let people know what's required for 1080i after the 1.0.1 change.

HT2 vs HT3 CPU only effects onboard video memory speed.
    HT2 vs HT3 CPU has no effect on a seperate video cards.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Andrew H,

Have you done any H.264 DXVA? I have an HD-PVR connected to my cable STB and the resolution locked to 720p. I'd like to lock it at 1080i and get the 60fps with the DXVA with a N9500GT. I'm curious to see what your results are.

If you need a clip, let me know and I can upload one for you if you don't mind.

Modern AVCHD format digital camcorders normally record in 1080i (AVCHD uses H.264 video compression). I have a few short AVCHD 1080i clips which play fine via my 9500GT using DXVA (PDVD7 build 4617 H.264 codec).

There are also some 1080i and 1080p 50Hz/60Hz test patterns in MPEG2, H.264 & VC-1 formats here - HD 1080i Test Pattern to determine Vector Adaptive Deinterlacing + others icl. Ticker - AVS Forum

Tony

jbf154

Portal Member
    February 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Maybe someone can address whether there IS such a thing as .264-encoded, interlaced video? I suspect the HD-PRV may deinterlace on the fly before performing the .264 encode. Anyone?

Yes, there is such a thing as .264 encoded interlaced material. The format I receive from the HD-PVR is 1080i. Again using Cyberlink PowerDVD 9 H.264 codec, I can get 30 fps with software de-interlacing. My goal is to get it to 60 fps. If you'd like, I can get a 1080i sporting event recorded from my HD-PVR for you to test with. I don't think the samples posted above have a 60 fps 1080i recording.

I will make a short recording and post it for you. I'm at work now though, so it won't be until tonight. I appreciate your help!

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I don't think the samples posted above have a 60 fps 1080i recording.

Yes they do - the '1080i 29.97 fps' files are 29.97 frames per second, 59.94 fields per second interlaced video. Assuming a 1080p 59.94Hz display, this will be hardware de-interlaced to 59.94 frames per second.

(people tend to talk about 60Hz/60fps, but in reality '60Hz' video is normally actually 59.94Hz video)

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom