1080i material not deinterlacing under 1.0.1.0 | Page 39

Discussion in '1.0.1 and SVN Builds' started by Andrew H, April 19, 2009.

1. ichessblumen
    • Premium Supporter

ichessblumen MP Donator

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    hehe, so all the nagging was helpful :D

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. polarie
    • Premium Supporter

polarie Retired Team Member

self-employed
    Ratings:
    +147 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    AW: 1080i material not deinterlacing under 1.0.1.0

it is real good to see that things - if they have no benifit - will change again.

i am real happy - couse it was hard to find the right hardware @ mITX format...
    (till now i didn't find it - only hardcore CPU oversized machines imho like AMD X3 or X4
    which is TOO much for a Media-Center PC)
    so if the ATI flickering hack will be thrown away again ...
    MePo will run smooth again on the tiny small and green-powered mITX machines ...

Perfect !!!

BIG BIG thx ...

4. Nagarjuna

Nagarjuna Portal Pro

The IT guy
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Just to give you a quick update:

Andrew H, of course I didn't take your advice. Don't take this the wrong way, I thank you very much for your input, but doing nothing is not an option. So I installed Windows 7 on my HTPC along with 1.1.0 RC1 and SAF 4 final. Nothing changed. Then I upgraded to SAF 5 and 1080i playback is absolutely smooth. I knew this was a codec problem since the MPC-HC codec interlaced pefectly. Funny thing: I used Cyberlink PowerDVD 9 codec before and now it just works. Strange...

5. Andrew H
    • Premium Supporter

Andrew H MP Donator

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    NOT taking anything the wrong way - this is an open forum for discussion! I did reread your post and see that YOUR problem is related to 1080i deinterlacing of .264-encoded material, right? Here in the US our ATSC OTA broadcast is MPEG-2 formatted 720p or 1080i (60Hz). So... your results may be different! I have found using the MP-MPC for .264 .mkv files I have works better, less CPU (more GPU) than the Cyberlink and have been using it for some time now.

With my new system I've built, I've been playing around with MP 1.1.0 RC1 and am waiting on RC2 before I attempt to place it into my 'production' spot... for now I'm happy with my older BE-2350 system listed in "My System" running MP 1.0.2 and a N9500GT to achieve the necessary deinterlacing of MPEG-2 1080i.

6. Nagarjuna

Nagarjuna Portal Pro

The IT guy
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Yeah, my problem had to do with .264 video material. I guess MPEG2 is even more resource hungry. I was half kidding about the not following your advice bit. As you probably have experienced yourself having an HTPC keeps you up at night and robs your mind of its sanity.

I also wanted to post this here, because maybe someone else has the same problem and finds this. People don't post enough of their solutions. Usually they just stop responding.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!