1080i material not deinterlacing under 1.0.1.0 (1 Viewer)

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Off: Strange thing that in tv home it works and if its HD it woks in full screen too but not working SD full screen
    Why so specific...:eek:

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    0002748: Remove ATI flickering hack

Looks like we're gonna get the power of our video cards back

Ah! So it WAS a bug.

Not a bug, but intentional hack to workaround ATI related issues. And also currently the removal of that hack seems to bring few users that are reporting no video at all... So, don't pop the champange yet, we might need to put that ugly hack back to cure ATI related issues :(
    After 38 pages containing nearly 400 posts over the course of a year we are going back from whence we came.

I have been browsing the various forums and I know the team is not taking the quality of the MediaPortal product lightly. There are posts on HDTV Studder, EVR improvements, problems with jitter, judder, dropped frames and, of course, the post you are reading now. I appreciate the hard work, the challenges the team addresses and their focus to balance ATi and Nvidia users alike - often when it's not the fault of MP but the chipset drivers!

So it seems 1.1.0 RC2 will no longer need a higher quality GPU to perform good quality deinterlacing. While I am personally glad to see the MP product return to mainstream function of the DirectShow filters (summarized in my post here), I do hope the Catalyst 10.2 has addressed the issue. I say this because I just built a new HTPC based on the 785 chipset & ATi 4200 iGPU to load the new MP 1.1.0 which supports Win7. I could re-use my N9500GT but would prefer to remain simple, save power and utilize the least hardware on this new system (K.I.S.S.). More to come...

Callumgw

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2008
    Home Country
    AndrewH,
    Can't wait to hear your progress. Unfortunately after getting my 4350 to work with the SAF codec pack under XP, it now doesn't keep up under Win7 and 1.1RC. I was thinking of moving to 5450 but reviews suggest that still isn't going to be quite good enough...so looking for a silent NVIDAI GT220 or ATI HD56XX+. Unless software performance improves soon......

JACOB B

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Andrew, Please keep us posted on whether you get your new HTPC up in running. I am looking for guidance on which hardware to buy.

I am currently running a multiseat setup on laptops (Core2duo 2.0Ghz, ATI FireGL v5200 GPU, XPSP3, MP 1.02 with SAF) - works perfect in SD.
    In HD, however, I experience stutter. Both for live and recorded. Audio stayes synced, however.

I tried remuxing the TS files to .mkv with DSmux. This removes the stutter, but produces audio drifting out of sync...
    I tried playing back the .mkv on my OPPO BDP83, still audio sync problems - no stutter.

It's like HD stutters in MP to keep the audio synced...?
    Does this relate to issues discussed in this thread?
    Is the TSWriter doing something wrong? I am thinking, since remuxing to mkv and playing on external player doesn't solve the issues?
    I tried MP 1.1 beta a month ago. No change.

best,
    JAcob

pvkleeff

Portal Member
    July 18, 2007
    Roosendaal
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I did a complete reinstall of my htpc this weekend, but I still have the flickering bug when I'm watching HDTV channels.
    My setup is now:

AMD X2 5200+
    ATI 2600 Pro
    Win 7 Pro
    Catalyst 10.2
    MP 1.1.0 RC1

Used Codecs: PowerDVD 8, PowerDVD 9, MS-DTV Win7 codec, MPC-HC codec.
    No matter which I choose, the flickering stays. Only with some codecs it's a bit worse then with others.
    Also, when watching 1080i channels I have problems with deinterlacing.

So Catalyst 10.2 doesn't resolve the problem for me.

huckster2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I look forward to RC2. Am running 1.0.0 on the production system (for the all important WAF) but have pinched the kids PC to test future releases/codec/OS combinations etc. Now I will have another version of MP to add to the mix!

:)

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    AW: 1080i material not deinterlacing under 1.0.1.0

I have tested a newer build svn 25174 which has the ATI hack disabled on a NVIDIA ION system with Atom 230 (Acer Revo 3600), I also have one build svn 25147 which still has the ATI hack enabled.

Strange thing is that I don't see any speed benefits with the newer svn. The speed is the same. My Revo struggles with 720P50 and 1080i-channels and is not able to deliver full 50 fps with DXVA-enabled Codecs at 1920x1080 (PowerDVD 9-codec). Only in lower resolutions it is able to give me full 50 fps. The behaviour does not have changed with the newer svn.

Nagarjuna

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After searching around the forum for quite some time, finally finding this thread and reading it completely I still have one question. I have an integrated NVIDIA 9400 GPU and I use PowerDVD 9 for h.264 content. I have several 720p HDTV channel and there are no issues whatsoever. I have one 50Hz 1080i HDTV channel and when I watch it using the Cyberlink codec I get massive frame drops and an output framerate of 25 as many others in this thread do. I tried changing codecs and this is what happened: with CoveAVC I get a framerate of 40Hz but the picture is very blurry when things are in motion. Now, if I use the MPC-HC codec the picture is crystal clear and I get 50Hz. The only problem: the picture freezes after some time and if I change to another HDTV channel Mediaportal crashes.

What I'm trying to say is that my system seems to be able to handle 1080i content smoothly within Mediaportal but only with the right codec. I already asked hoborg about this since I use SAF 4 Final, but didn't get an answer. He probably doesn't have a solution.

Anybody have suggestions? I looked through my logs but couldn't find anything special. If somebody else wants to take a look I will post them here. Thanks!

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    With the new information revealed in an earlier post (above) I'd suggest you do nothing with your current system; instead, update to MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC2 when it's released!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom