3 problems with Black glass 2.8.0 (1 Viewer)

tom78

Portal Pro
August 10, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello.

the following 3 problems occur on my fresh MP-installation (v1.2.2)

- TVWishlistMP:
when starting this plugin i get a black screen with a text like "file is missing".
I assume, a xml-file, but no further information on this screen.

- Showtimes:
When starting this plugin with the remote (or via cursor keys in the basic home sreen),
the skin switches to a mode where no interaction is possible any more until any mouse movement.

- OnlineVideos:
As soon as i'm on the screen where i see the preview of the videos (independant on what site)
i have the same behaviour as with the showtimes plugin

Could you have a look at this, please?!

thanks!

tom78

Portal Pro
August 10, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: 3 problems with Black glass 2.8.0

Hello Tgx.

Thanks for your reply. The first problem is now solved!
You were right, it was a configuration problem within the TVwishlistMP-Plugin.

The other problems still exist. Here are two small videos that show you my problem. (recorded via FRAPS)

Attachments

• Problems.zip
    1.3 MB

an0nz

Portal Member
May 18, 2011
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey,

I receive the same fault in ShowTimes only, OnlineVideos works perfectly. My OnlineVideos interface is different to the one in the video though so it is possible that fault exists and I just manage to bypass it.

The only difference between the 2 is I installed the latest ShowTimes plugin after installing the skin, I did not have ShowTimes before. I have checked the ShowTimes installer and it doesn't overwrite the skins ShowTimes-GUI.xml file and the installed ShowTimes-GUI.xml file is identical to the one in the skins mpe1 package.

So I am guessing the ShowTimes fault is something to do with the Big Icons view being linked to from BasicHome, I believe if I change the default view in the XML file the problem shouldn't occur. I just haven't had time to test this theory.

Not sure whether it matters or not, but the skin was downloaded and installed from the website (MEDIAPORTAL - Black Glass HD) not through the installer.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, if I use the mouse in ShowTimes to break out of being locked in, then go to the left menu and change the view from Big Icons to List I can then open and exit ShowTimes without receiving the fault, but after then exiting MP and reloading the fault will occur again until I change the view again.
This same issue will hide the mini preview window of what is currently being played when you break out of the issue with the mouse.

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Yes, i've found the bug! It's a nasty little bug which is triggered when using facade views different from the list view, and it happens at the opening of the screen. I do not know why, but i suspect some bugs of the underlying Mediaportal skin engine. It involves every screen that can display different facade views (list, big icons, small icons, coverflow...) so it may happen in different plugins. I've found a solution, but it requires the release of a new version of the skin -> 2.8.1. I'm already working on it. It will be soon.

Thanks

Tgx

an0nz

Portal Member
    May 18, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks Tgx,
    I have just changed the default control in the xml file for now, it seems to get around it to a degree :) look forward to the next release.

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Before releasing the new skin, please test this fixed file for the Showtimes plugin and tell me if it's ok.

Thanks

Tgx

Attachments

• ShowTimesGUI.xml
      44 KB

an0nz

Portal Member
    May 18, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It loads correctly now and I can use the menus, but the text/fanart is not positioned correctly.
    I have attached a photo (sorry no keyboard on the HTPC to screen cap with)

The left menu is thinner than the text contained within it also.

Attachments

• IMG_0091.JPG
      IMG_0091.JPG
      321.1 KB

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Using Black Glass HD?

an0nz

Portal Member
    May 18, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Correct, was that a patch for Black Glass?
    Apart from the layout issues the initial load bug was fixed with your changes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom