3DMP 2.0 dead. Preview of 3DMP for WPF (.NET 3.0) (1 Viewer)

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
just out of curiosity.
how can you create a working homescreen based on WPF when MediaPortal doesn not even support WPF or XAML atm?
furthermore, the underlying architecture has not even been 100% outlined yet.

:confused:

Isn't it possible to create an interface before the new skinning engine is ready? The whole idea of this new engine is to make it more universal, I understood. Animations could be created, the interaction with MP can be created later?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes indeed, out of curiosity, could you enlighten us what the status of "real" is ... Is it still a stand alone development, or is the skin allready combined with a (obviously modified) version of MP?

Real in form of "a really good idea" since you should think of a XAML-GUI and current MP like putting a heli rotor on an elevator. Two completely different worlds. (I didn't choose "jet turbine on car" since this has been done already :D )

Vanessa

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2006
    just out of curiosity.
    how can you create a working homescreen based on WPF when MediaPortal doesn not even support WPF or XAML atm?
    furthermore, the underlying architecture has not even been 100% outlined yet.

:confused:

You can styling any control of any app with XAML. This styles can be implemented in any WPF app, for example... MP(when support WPF), MeediOS (that now support WPF), and any systems WPF, WPF/E suported.

http://wpf.netfx3.com/tags/Controls/default.aspx

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is possible top make a turning Carousel with smooth animation with current version of mp.
    But at this time only in Basichome. ;) :)

I have make it in real for the face skin:

real screenshot ;)

3.jpg

Greetings Harley

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Indeed, so what you have done is created wpf styles than can later be incorporated into a skin for MPNG.

I just think that stating its a screenshot of a real screen and not a mockup, while technically true, sounds very confusing and may let people to believe its an actual working skin.

I hope you stick with it and keep demonstrating some more styles, and also release the xaml code for them so other skinners can benefit from your experience. After all, we are opensource.

Hemin

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I'm only a newbie in the MP world (only 3 months), but a lot of people said that 3DMP was one of the best skin for MP, unfortunately i couldn't see 3DMP "in action".

I hope to see a "real" 3DMP skin soon while we wait for the "next gen" 3DMP Skin.

Mucha suerte Vanessa con este nuevo proyecto, y espero que tengamos noticias tuyas muy a menudo. Un saludo desde españa!!

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You can only use it using an older version of MP (not sure which one), if it would be available for download. Maybe someone could share it if thats o.k. with Venessa?

It will take a while before the next gen skin can be used.... I'm not even sure if there has been any 'physical' action to develop the new skinning engine. Maybe a developer could answer that? This is a feature MP will need to keep up with the other, less capable, concuring applications.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    You can only use it using an older version of MP (not sure which one), if it would be available for download. Maybe someone could share it if thats o.k. with Venessa?
    vanessa permitted the download of that skin.

Vanessa

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2006
    I can release 3DMP but only works in MP 0.2.00. Maybe does not work with currect release.

But... if some portal designers can send me an email asking for it. I will send the 3DMP theme. Only need update for current version.

I will wait.

Vanessa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom