rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mofux said:
    why did you make all that gfx in such a low resolution?
    I appreciate this - of course the source gfx should be of superb quality but many skins aren't usable on machines with 512 MB RAM - especially with shared onboard DX9 graphics :-/

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    smnnekho said:
    i love the basichome screen. but i find it's always a pity that the access to all the other plugins is so limited. isn't it possible to make a "second row" or even a third one in basichome?

what i mean is that when you are on basic home you can press "down" to toggle to another row with other plugins or, as mentioned, even a third one. but as far as i know from the skin structure, plugins are not automatically added to the home screen so man have to either add them manually or build a homescreen with the basichome structure....

i had the same idea as well! a second smaller row of buttons on the basic home would be ideal for plugins. mofux has created a 'basic home' generator for his nonafo skin that let's you select plugins and stuff to include there - maybe that program could be modified for this?

great skin btw!! :D

wishywashy

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2005
    Hill AFB, UT
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I really like the look. Nice job on the graphics.

Some things to look at though:

The font on the TV guide for the show details needs more contrast. It is hard to see the far right words against the background, and what's with the Meedio sounds?

Vanessa

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2006
    carreno said:
    mofux said:
    why did you make all that gfx in such a low resolution? you could make it 2 times bigger so that quality f.e. on TFT monitors would be better (higher screen resolutions)

+1

I know. but for example mp works with icons 84x84 pix. I have icons 256x256 for this skin but when mp resize image looks bad or image borders are sharp.

This skins run on my pc at 1280x1024 LCD screen and work great.

If you need more res, wait for next version, 1280 and 16:9

This theme are for 720x576 only (standard)

Vanessa

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2006
    wishywashy said:
    I really like the look. Nice job on the graphics.

Some things to look at though:

The font on the TV guide for the show details needs more contrast. It is hard to see the far right words against the background, and what's with the Meedio sounds?

I don't know i found this sounds on wavesource.com looking for mouse click.

If it's true i will change sounds

pirlone

Portal Pro
    October 21, 2005
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Skin is great regarding it's first beta release. Not so much bugs in it neither...

There are few thoughts I share with others here:

mPod said:
    Also the TV guide needs a bit more work, it's quite hard to read and to find out where the highlight is.

-ltb- said:
    I think those plugins My tvseries and Myfilms (last version) should be incoporated in your skin

personally i vote for Myfilms at first place...

Prophecy said:
    As you can see at the picture I posted, it seems like the news icon is to big at the news screen....
    ^^
    this applies to other screens too (like Recorded and Scheduled TV...)

Other than that:

- don't like expression 'tv guide' in basic home menu (should be live tv or similar)...

- 'pause' live tv osd is not finished (too white, isn't transparent)...

- 'mute' live tv text is off the place...

- volume osd isn't finished too (too different from other gfx elements)

- channel name osd when zapping live tv by pressing numbers isn't changed from original skin (i know your tv card is broken :( )...

- selected row in recorded tv screen (when is set to Icons view) is hard to read... changing the view to list and back to icons I lost my channel thumbnails gfx (?!?) ...

- anyway, it's great skin and it's great to have around such talented skiner... keep up with good work

rgs,
    pirlone

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Vanessal - I think with the constructive words of criticism and the the fact that people have been anxiously waiting for this skin -- well you have winner here. Yes it is a beta since you have only been on the forum two weeks we certainly call you an artist!

Thanks for releasing this first MP skin. I for one look forward to your enhancements to this and also to future MP skins!

Mike

homez99

Portal Member
    May 3, 2006
    Excellent skin, looks nice, clean and tidy on my setup. I look forward to seeing upcoming versions of it!

Vanessa

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2006
    mzemina said:
    Vanessal - I think with the constructive words of criticism and the the fact that people have been anxiously waiting for this skin -- well you have winner here. Yes it is a beta since you have only been on the forum two weeks we certainly call you an artist!

Thanks for releasing this first MP skin. I for one look forward to your enhancements to this and also to future MP skins!

Mike

Thank's i add on my TODO list all comments. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom