• Ugly skin. I will post for what.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    now that you're saying it - tried it and it neither works for me. maybe the myplugin screen isn't that easy to call anyways.

nevertheless i tried it with other .xmls and thats just working fine. i can call every plugin from basichomescreen - but is has to be added manually...

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    i will make a few suggestions for you vanessa, dont' feel as tho i'm picking at you tho, because i love your skin and thats why i want to try and improve it cause its great.
    1. To me it seems the mouse clicks and sounds are a tad loud, as it actually seems louder than some of the actual videos or music, so i would suggest turning that volume down just a tad on the recordings if possible so its more descret.
    2. It seems when i have the basic home screen activated, and i click the green button on the MCE remote it goes back to the normal home screen and not basic home again.
    3. when basic home is activated and i go to my videos the default view doesnt' seem to be shares anymore , it is always the recordings for me, so i have to change it back to shares each time, this is the default view for me in the normal home screen.
    4. i would like it if you could shift the basic home screen around a tad, eg put weather and pictures on the ends and put Music , TV and videos in the middle.
    5. It would be cool if you could incorporate something similar to the skin by raven that has the cool spinning logo of MP when the time is waiting, eg when the weather is updating instead of the green lines you have now.
    6. I love the normal home screen as well , however i would like to see some higher res and nicer pics of the OSD, you had it previously in your orginal plans for the skin , but have since changed it.
    7. Would love a 1280x720 widescreen version of this, plus perhaps a green version as well .

Hope i'm not too annoying asking for all those things. Good luck with the skin i hope we dont' disscourage you too much as i'm hoping this will continue and be the default MP skin.
    Thanks

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    NightmareRambo77 said:
    2. It seems when i have the basic home screen activated, and i click the green button on the MCE remote it goes back to the normal home screen and not basic home again.

that's not a skin problem - happens with all skins when you've got 'basic home screen enabled'. you can fix it by manually changing the mapping for the mce control to point the start button at 'second home'.

one thing i've noticed vanessa is that both buttons on the basic home screen close mp... is one supposed to minimize or switch to the full homescreen?

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    i wonder if there will be any skins emerging in 1360x768 format, seeing a lot of LCD tvs coming out with this resolution. And i didnt' realise about the button on the remote, you can tell i dont' normally use the basic home screen, so thanks for the info werewolves

qhn

June 19, 2006
    Riverside, Calif
    vanessa_cl said:
    WOW 330+ downloads today
    it is being increasing leap and bound

vanessa_cl said:
    and only 30 post,
    this number does not reflect the "quiet" on-looking appreciative users of ur skin (work) in the community

vanessa_cl said:
    u are still the most voted comparing to other skin works :)

vanessa_cl said:
    and suggestions :(
    the best suggestions are being submitted and being represented well by current active community members

i m dubbing my current MP installation, the V look, thx for the good looking interface.

cheers ...

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    EqualRightsForWerewolves said:
    NightmareRambo77 said:

that's not a skin problem - happens with all skins when you've got 'basic home screen enabled'. you can fix it by manually changing the mapping for the mce control to point the start button at 'second home'.

one thing i've noticed vanessa is that both buttons on the basic home screen close mp... is one supposed to minimize or switch to the full homescreen?
    This shouldn't be an issue in later SVN versions anymore, that was fixed some weeks ago... The setting you set in configuration.exe is used for that.

mikael

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    First of all: WOW!

Can't believe it's true that this skin acctually is up and running on my HTPC in two weeks from the first flat screnshot on the forum. Really fast AND QUALITY development!

Suggestions for future versions.

Home screen:
    untitled20ut.png

I can't really se the logic in the menu structure. Refer to this screenshot:

It appear to be (in a logic way) that My News is the next item in the list and My TV the previous. That's not the reality. My TV is the selected option despite it's placed "over" the selection... and there is no listing of the previous item. I can't get it... can't get the logic in the UI. In my opinion the text My TV should be inside the "box" when it's selected.

Minor suggestions:
    * I too miss the date and time in this screen
    * Miss an icon for the Tetris plugin :eek:
    * Miss the vanessa-feeling of the OSD when pausing a movie

Thats all from now!

EMKO

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2006
    sometimes when in non basic home sceen i move my mouse and the list goes up and down really fast. but when i stop i see that the only thing that move was the text not both. so now when i click weather it goes to my videos. is there a way to fix this?

sorry for the bad english :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom