4:3 skin ::: aMPed 2.0 final (2 Viewers)

jamiro

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Home Country
Yep, that's exactly what I mean. :)

I was thinking something similar to the LastFM and Radio icons that are on the slide menu, although for some reason I cannot use these with Amped, I just can't get the remote to highlight them. Is that just me? Or is it a bug with the skin?

Otherwise just an addition to the menu would be cool

Thanks man for listening to my suggestions.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    P@Moh, should be soon, there are no blocking issues I know of, but Joz is swamped at work and I want him to test a couple things before we release. I drive him crazy insisting we test everything first :D. This time we released 2.0 as a beta because we had made so many changes and just weren't sure we had caught everything, and we hadn't. So we really appreciate all the testing and input our users have been providing. Have you been keeping up to date with SVN? If so, can you let me know if everything is working well for you?

P.S. Do you still get crashes using aMPed on your other screen? Since we cleaned up aMPed and since 1.0.1 I dont' get them anymore!

jamiro - "LastFM and Radio icons that are on the slide menu" where? I can check it if I know where you mean :), but they don't show when you are in MyMusic afaik! I love getting user feedback. I think users are THE most valuable resource because there are so many ways to use MP we can't implement and test every feature without your help. So please keep sending your suggestions. It can only make the aMPed skin better. If I can figure out the problem I'll try to get your suggestion into 2.0 final.

P.S. Did you ever get your game menu working how you wanted?

jamiro

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Dadeo,

Have a look at the screenshot attached, on it you can see my mouse pointer over the lastfm button. Using the remote I cannot get to these two buttons. It just goes up and down the main list. Please forgive me if I am missing something obvious. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for asking about the games menu, I'm afraid I just have not got around to sitting down and tweaking the Basic Home menu yet and editing .xml files. At the moment though I am very happy using the regular home setup with all the games related stuff sitting in the plugins menu.

Looking forward to your next release

Attachments

• lastfmradiobutton.jpg
      lastfmradiobutton.jpg
      15.3 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Ah THOSE buttons :) They are on the Shares view. Yes, there was a typo in the file. I fixed it, and added them to the other views as well (Albums, Artist, Genres, etc).

Can you just test them for me to make sure they work for you. If so, I will upload a new zip file for 2.0 final with those included.

Just copy the two xmls attached to your aMPed skin folder.

P.S. If you are happy with your Games on Plugins menu, just enjoy! Once you start tinkering, you can't stop LOL!

P.P.S Added the Lyrics button for you too :) And updated MyLyrics for 1.30 final - it will be in the final release of aMPed 2.0

jamiro

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks Dadeo,

The two files did the trick, I can get to the buttons now. Cool news about adding a My lyrics button as well :D

I know what you mean about the tinkering, it is both a positive and a negative with MP, I love tweaking it, trying new plugins etc. but some times I swear I have spent more time tinkering than actually watching or listening anything! My family loves it though and they all use it daily.

Thanks.

jamiro

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Hey Dadeo,

Good work on 2.0!

I just noticed some strange navigation on the My Music slide menu, If you work your way down the menu after "Sort by" it skips to the bottom item on the menu "playlist" missing "playcd", "now playing" etc. If you work your way up the list again the slide menu disappears as you move up to Play CD. Hope that makes sense. I'm using the shares view in My Music

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Can you check if this file fixes it? I added Number of objects to MyMusic displays and the control for that is usually ID 12, but the PlayCD button also has an ID of 12 so there was a conflict. Took me a while to figure out why it wasn't working! Aren't you glad I explained it? LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom