4:3 skin ::: aMPed 2.0 final (2 Viewers)

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey reg.

I just dug into my radio xmls and fixed the weirdness that was going on (for some reason both video and audio overlay get active when playing radio).
I removed the nowplaying preview window all together.

I also added a bigger selectedthumb. See the files attached and drop them in amped skin folder.

-----EDIT-----

Thought I fixed it, I did but only for my radio. Reattached a file that does work in every occasion

Reg

Portal Pro
November 22, 2008
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey reg.

I just dug into my radio xmls and fixed the weirdness that was going on (for some reason both video and audio overlay get active when playing radio).
I removed the nowplaying preview window all together.

I also added a bigger selectedthumb. See the files attached and drop them in amped skin folder.

-----EDIT-----

Thought I fixed it, I did but only for my radio. Reattached a file that does work in every occasion

I downloaded that, cleared my cache and extracted files to skin/aMPed folder and fired up MP, selected radio and the first station I clicked on came up with double image and the name od station scrolling. See screenshot 1. I then clicked on another radio station and it came right, see screenshot2. I tried it a number of times with same result. ?

Attachments

• Radio Screen Shot 1.gif
    Radio Screen Shot 1.gif
    299.5 KB
  • Radio Screen Shot 2.gif
    Radio Screen Shot 2.gif
    303 KB

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
hmm... thanks for testing reg!

I thought I had it right, apparently I haven't (damn that refresh plugin, I should not be relying on that so much as I am currently)
I will give it another look and post more test files. This seems to me like actually a MP skin engine bug (could be wrong of course) because what you see when radio plays (XML wise) is;
- Musicoverlay.xml (correct, should display)
- Musicoverlay_top.xml (correct, should display)
- Videooverlay_top.xml (not correct, should not be displayed, causes the double icons/text etc.)

one question for you reg;
Are you playing web radio streams or just aerial?
atm I'm testing with web because I do not have aerial at my disposal currently

Reg

Portal Pro
November 22, 2008
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
hmm... thanks for testing reg!

I thought I had it right, apparently I haven't (damn that refresh plugin, I should not be relying on that so much as I am currently)
I will give it another look and post more test files. This seems to me like actually a MP skin engine bug (could be wrong of course) because what you see when radio plays (XML wise) is;
- Musicoverlay.xml (correct, should display)
- Musicoverlay_top.xml (correct, should display)
- Videooverlay_top.xml (not correct, should not be displayed, causes the double icons/text etc.)

one question for you reg;
Are you playing web radio streams or just aerial?
atm I'm testing with web because I do not have aerial at my disposal currently

The three stations radio stations I have are found by my DVB-T (digital HD card)

Oh another thing about that timer display is that it is showing up as 26 minutes elapsed time when in fact it has only just started up. I temporarily switched to Blue3 mode to test and it all appears fine on those screens. Elapsed time being correct and all.

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey reg,

I just checked it again and currently it's working ok for me, also from the start (so from first play).
Yesterday I also had the 26 minute thing but now it's fine (starting at 0 at start). Dunno what's up with all this.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey Reg I get the double overlay using LastFM plugin although the start time is fine for me. Can't figure out why a videooverlay would appear when radio is playing! I even tried restricting the data to when a video is playing and that didn't help either, go figure! We're still working on it!

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Reg, can you test out this file? It is working for me in Radio and LastFM. However, as your signal is digital, it may be different.
    You don't have to recache for this. :D

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Reg, can you test out this file? It is working for me in Radio and LastFM. However, as your signal is digital, it may be different.
    You don't have to recache for this. :D

Ok downloaded and copied file to skin/aMPed folder, it was correct folder I think as it asked to overwrite older version.

Restarted MP and tried it and got exact same results as b4. ie the timer stated at zero but was doubled up overlapping image. When I select a second station the timer gets way bigger, sticks out of box but has started at 26 mins.

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Edit recording screen wrong

Hi all,

I just discovered that aMPed 2.0 beta wont let me use mouse to edit recordings or choose the various options for recording, see screenshot 1 file attached.

Attached screenshot 2 is what it looks like under blue 3

It lets me select the correct menu with the remote control left arrow key and it also lets me select the correct menu using the left arrow key on keyboard.

I blue3 the menu with all the options appears automatically when you select edit.

Attachments

• Screenshot 1.gif
      Screenshot 1.gif
      342 KB
    • Screenshot 2.gif
      Screenshot 2.gif
      264.7 KB

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hey reg. aMPed is not really made to control with a mouse. What you describe is just one of the million cases where you cannot control it with the mouse. A lot of skins have this downside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom