4:3 skin ::: aMPed 2.0 final (1 Viewer)

jamiro

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Home Country
Hi Dadeo, picked up some small issues with 2.0

Still having trouble with the slide menu in the Online Videos plugin.

For example at the Home menu in Online Videos the slide menu works great (see pic)

When I go further, say into youtube, the slide menu will not appear using the remote, only way to get it to appear is with the mouse (see other pic)

Cheers, hope it's not a difficult one to fix, 2.0 working great so far.

P.S also having problems moving up and down the slide menus, when they are showing, for example could not get down to "enter pin" on the home screen.

This is using online videos v. 08.8, I just noticed 0.9.0 has been released I might try that and see if works, will get back to you.
P.S.S yep same for 0.90

Attachments

• homesidemenu.jpg
    homesidemenu.jpg
    32.1 KB
  • sidemenu.jpg
    sidemenu.jpg
    25.8 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    MyMusic Menu navigation fix

Thanks Jamiro, I put the fix for MyMusic navigation in SVN for those who know how to use it, or anyone can just download the file from my previous post.

P.S. I just saw your post on Online Videos and Youtube menus. I don't have those plugins installed yet, so that will take me a little while to test.

Perhaps this is a good test case for you to try using the Issue Tracker? (see my reply to your post in aMPed Test Group) I'm not sure if these are separate issues or not.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK I just tested out OnlineVideos. The submenu (the one that doesn't access the menu) does not have a View List option (you can see it is not highlighted) and that is the button aMPed is looking for. Unfortunately, this is set in common.facade.xml by the <onleft> and <onright> tags. So for a temporary fix, you can remove those lines from common.facade.xml and it should work (it does for me). Since common.facade.xml is used by a lot of other plugins in aMPed I am not sure if this fix is the ultimate solution. It may break the skin in other areas. I'll have to check that out.

The Enter Pin button should not be highlighted unless it is active. I think the plugin developers are working on having it only visibile when relevant. I'll check have to check into that some more and make it only highlighted when active (so you don't think you can use it when you can't)

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    An easy fix would be not to use common.facade and just copy the needed facade views in the right (so the onlinevideos) xml

jamiro

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Home Country
    I have given up on Online Videos, latest release keeps feezing MP, plus I have never got this plugin and all its features working as they should in any version. Decided to just use MyYoutube, it is a simple plugin, bit it actually works!

By the way Dadeo, I have got around to customising a BasicHome screen, plus adding and customising games and watch menus. Took a little while to get to know how it works, but now it is setup just right. Brilliant! Great skin just got better.

Cheers

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for the update Jamiro. I did 'fix' OnlineVideos navigation and updated it for 0.9 (which uses new field names) so that is in SVN and will be in next release. Congrats on the mods to Basic Menus, I thought you would like the flexibility and control you would get :)

jamiro

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Home Country
    The ability to tweak it is nice and wasn't to hard.

I was never too keen on the pale icons you used on the extra, game and watch menus, so I resized some of the larger hover images and use them instead, it looks sweet, see the screenshot.

Also just from a taste point of view, I'm not to keen on the basic music menu with the Mepo background. It just does not seem to fit in with the rest of the skin, plus I find Mepo a bit annoying. lol So I set music up on the Basic Home to just go straight to my music shares.

Attachments

• custom.jpg
      custom.jpg
      36.3 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Nice Jamiro! Could you post your basicmenu xmls here? Others might like to use them as a basis for their own mods. Don't forget you can post tips here as well: Customizing basic menus - aMPed - General discussion | Google Groups It's an open discussion.

You know you can easily change that Mepo background in the MusicMenu. It can be really handy if you have a lot of music plugins. Just remove the<import>common.window.musicmenu.xml</import> from musicmenu.xml. As you are using the dark blue background, you can either copy the code for the background from common.window.xml or remove the condition in common.window that turns it off (<visible>!Window.IsVisible(8888)</visible>) Then you can play with MusicMenu to get it to look like your other basic menus :)

Latvian3Dman

Portal Member
    May 11, 2009
    Riga
    Home Country
    Thanks for good 4:3 skin, really needed here, i am using old CRT TV and no idea when i will be able to buy something new and fancy :)
    I have two questions, please.
    In My Videos, why is cover picture on the left so small now? I think it was nice big in older version of skin. I use shares view, i like browsing, not libraries.
    And other thing, probably simple "noob" question, but please help me: how to enable weather information in home page?
    Thank you all in advance!

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey Latvian, glad you like the skin. We redesigned MyVideos Shares views for videos with generated thumbs (i.e. no covers). If you have covers, then you have IMDB info, no? If so, try using Titles view as it shows a lot more of your info. If not, let me know and we'll see what we can come up with.

To display weather info on the home page, you have to go into MP Configuration.
    1. Enable the Weather Plugin under Window Plugins Configuration,
    2. Enable RSS-Ticker under Process Plugins and tell it to show Weather
    3. Select Weather (not under Plugins, it has it's own configuration) and add your location.

With the RSS-Ticker you can aslo show RSS feeds you configure on the home page. I think that's it, I hope I remembered it all :)

Don't worry, I still remember how overwhelming it all was when I first started with MP. Get used to using the Forums, and the Wiki. You need them a lot! But when you get it all working it is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom