4:3 skin ::: aMPed 2.0 final (2 Viewers)

jamiro

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Home Country
No Worries Dadeo,

yeah I have discovered the Video background button on the home screen before, never found a use for it really, I find it distracting with the video playing in the background.

I might go back and test online videos now you have made some tweaks and i have the SVN download sorted.

Cheers.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    New MyFilms layouts and Fanart support

Well, we are starting to work on the next release of aMPed to get ready for MP 1.1.0

Here are new layouts for MyFilms plugin that use the aMPed TVSeries style (List Posters) layout.

Do any of you use fanart in the MyFilms plugin? If so, the attached zip includes layouts to support fanart in MyFilms and a fanart.txt file (in the Fanart folder) with instructions on how to use fanart in MyFilms.

Please take some time to check these out and give me any feedback so they can be perfect in the next release! I really hope some of you are willing to test the fanart in MyFilms as well!

And here's a couple of screenshots to give you an idea :)

jamiro

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Nice work Dadeo!

I'll install MyFilms and give it a go on my test machine, I usually stick to Moving Pictures for my main machine, whats the difference between these two plugins anyway?

Will you be adding support for the VU meters in My Music/Now playing, which will appear in the Blue3Wide skin?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    MyFilms allows you to access a separate Movies database outside MP, like ANT Movie Catalog (AMC), DVD Profiler, MyMovies, Movie Collector, EAX. Moving Pictures is great and very user friendly, but I am a database maniac and I want a lot more control, plus I index all my DVDs in the Database so I use MyFilms. AND I never have to rescan anything!

I saw about the VU meter but haven't really investigated yet! It's coming in 1.1.0. I haven't installed the alpha yet. I believe it only displays on Now Playing right? Usually we wait and see how it is implemented in Blue3(or wide) and then add it to the next release of aMPed.

Thanks for testing out the fanart!

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Oops, I forgot to add the fanart overlay to the rar file. It's not essential, but it does diffuse the fanart and makes text more readable. It only applies to the fanart version. Just add it to your amped\media folder and then delete your cached packedgfx files.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    New aMPed Themes - Monochrome and Super Blue

We've been working on developing themes for the next release of aMPed. Everyone has different tastes and many people like dark 'skins', so we've developed two themes so far:

Monochrome, is based on the fanatastic 16:9 skin developed by Pyscho Reptile (and all thanks go to him for his fanatastic graphics).

Super Blue is the same as the aMPed skin but uses a darker blue background (with no overlay to make it higher contrast) and turquoise buttons and bars instead of the green ones.

This is a first attempt, so please take some time to test these themes out and give us some feedback so we can make it great for the next release.

Just extract the attached aMPed Themes.rar file to your aMPed skin folder and follow the instructions in the readme.text in the new Themes folder. It's pretty simple, I think.

Here's some screenshots to give you an idea of how they look.

Any ideas for new themes or enhancements to these ones?

jamiro

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Curse you Dadeo,

Now you have put me on to My Films and Ant I have decided to use it to catalog my 150+ DVD collection of HongKong Martial Flicks and just use Moving Pictures for my .avi. divx collection.

I have not got around to testing the fanart yet in my flims, but as is the plugin seems to work Ok, just not very pretty.

Wow great work on those different themes, that is really going beyond the call of duty there, will be good to have a variety of colours schemes to choose from when I get sick of looking at the same thing.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

MP has really progressed over the last year and this skin has just nailed it for me, my current WAF rating...100%

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Curse you Dadeo,
    Sorry :), but I think you will be happy when it is done. There are a lot of features in MyFilms, it takes a while to get them all. If you need any tips, just PM me.
    ...as is the plugin seems to work Ok, just not very pretty.
    Your screen SHOULD look like the the first screenshot in post 224 above. If not, let me know. That's the layout from the MyFilms.Rar NoFanart Folder. What do you mean "not very pretty"? Just no fanart? Or are you using the fanart layout without fanart?

I'm still working on the themes. I forgot to do MovingPictures in the themes before and that led me to some new improvements :) Still I am hoping for improvement suggestions from users cuz I am almost cross-eyed and have lost the ability to tell what looks good LOL.

The Super Blue theme was mostly just for users who prefer more contrast, and yes, to change the look a bit when you get bored. The Monochrome theme was because not everyone likes Blue! And it looks good on larger screens and projectors. Also, some users run MP on both wide screen and 4:3 so now they can have Monochrome on both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom