Netherlands Netherlands

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Marvenius, I thought you had to log in, nice to know. I said I need help! I'm still a beginner using SVN so keep the tips coming :)

Eyep0p

Portal Pro
    June 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i am using 800x600 because a cant select 720x576 in windows... maybe you have an idea why and how to fix that?
    i saw that there is something wrong with the theme. think i will load the current svn now.
    and i will update my specs too. ;)

thanks for your support.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    What graphics card are you using? Some drivers let you choose 720x576 and some don't.

Here's what your Monochrome theme for MyFilms Details screen should look like.

One thing I love about the Monochrome theme (besides Psycho Reptiles excellent buttons and graphics) is that with the darker background all the backdrops look much richer!

Eyep0p

Portal Pro
    June 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    nvidia geforce 6200. but i think will find something to get it to 720x576.
    looks nice! i hate blue because mediaportal always was blue. i cant see it anymore. :D
    but you said that the svn version does not support the themes right?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Sorry if I was not clear. The themes are in SVN and they are working. You just can't use them on the SVN version that you checkout because it screws up the references for SVN. So once you have checked out, then just use the Export command (at least that's what it is called in Tortoise SVN). Just right click on your local SVN version of aMPed 2.1, select Tortoise SVN and then Export to a new folder in the skins folder. Then you can use the themes in that working copy version. Sorry, hope that makes sense.

I have nVidia also, what screen do you use aMPed on? Computer monitor or TV? Is it a separate HTPC connected to your TV or do you just switch screens using the MP Screenselector? The nVidia control panel lets you select a specific screen size for your TV screen if you are using dualview.

EDIT: If you are using it on a computer monitor, 1280x1024 should work, just not 'true' 4:3 sizes like 800x600 or 1024x 7768

Yeah, I know what you mean about blue, too Windows Media Center. I am thinking to amalgamate SuperBlue and Default and do a new dark maroon theme based on Nanogod's new theatre skin. I love it. He is a designer so it is really nicely done, and not a port from XBMC which most MP skins are. Not that I have anything against that, just nice to see some new creativity.

When Joz started aMPed it was only to get it readable on small screens. Originally it was just a mod of Blue3. So we got everything working as well as possible, and now we can really start to design. Not that either of us feels we are great designers! I know it is kinda backwards to the way most skins are done, usually they make them pretty first! At this point I think we have rewritten almost all the code!

Eyep0p

Portal Pro
    June 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    great! the svn looks so cool. test that with the themes. using tortoise too.
    found out how to change to a custom resoltion. i am using eventghost for that.

edit: got the theme working too! really cool! im so happy :)
    and found a new bug too...

Attachments

• tvprogram.jpg
      tvprogram.jpg
      95.5 KB

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hey Eyep0p,

Checkout powerstrip. You'll be able to set the correct resolution with that. It looks harder than it is but if you need help just pm me.

edit:

Saw you already figured it out on your own :)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Good one Eyep0p! Thanks. I had forgotten to update the 10 line version of TVGuide since I use the 8 line verison with larger fonts! Fix is in SVN (R426) Great you got your resolution and everything working. Are your covers OK in MyFilms now? It would be good to know if that resolves that issue!

How come your TV Channel thumb is not showing in the lower right? It should be!

Migue

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2006
    Florida
    Nice work!! :D

First, thanks for pointing out the video playlist issue. Currently MP only searches for IMDB thumbs on playlist, I'm working on a patch now to fix this.

Now for issues and suggestions with the theme:

1st - I can't switch from fullscreen to window and vice-versa. Not a biggie since I always use full screen but a hassle for taking the screenshots lol.

2nd - The header at the top when a title is long initially shows partially the line below but cutoff. I think maybe adding more space between lines depending on the font height so only one line is shown initially (before the scrolling begins).

3rd - Also has to do with long titles and using listview. I can't explain it well but when scrolling it doesn't feel like the list is scrolling. Before, there was a small icon beside the title so that served as a visual cue and also the file size.

4th - In icons and big icons view the background blends too much with the items making it a little hard to see them especially the text. I'm not sure if making the background darker is a good solution.

Attachments

• amped 21 - listview.JPG
      amped 21 - listview.JPG
      91 KB
    • amped 21 - iconview.JPG
      amped 21 - iconview.JPG
      87.2 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom