4:3 skin ::: aMPed 2.0 final (3 Viewers)

Latvian3Dman

Portal Member
May 11, 2009
Riga
Home Country
@ Dadeo:
i updated SVN, made copy with Monochrome theme and made changes in myvideo.xml as you previously suggested. And, everything seems okay, including that bottom ticker line not showing (see picture). I wonder did you understand my idea i tried to explain about still having backround and stuff, put poster image just a little bigger than default. Maybe, say, one-and-a-half times bigger. Looking at that my screenshot with Red Mist wrong sized poster (wich i got overwriting something from layouts folders), seems that its possible (width is already bigger). I just need to find and change some numbers in some xml? If you kindly point me where... :) I post that specific screenshot here one more time, hope you get what i am trying to say.
Thanks! :)

Attachments

• amp21_101.jpg
    amp21_101.jpg
    89.7 KB
  • amp21_005.jpg
    amp21_005.jpg
    79.5 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yes, I did understand. Yes it is possible. I'll PM you tomorrow how to do it. How do you keep getting the wrong poster size? You should not need to copy from layouts since the myvideo.xml in the aMPed 2.1 skin folder is for Video Covers. If you are copying from Layouts, (e.g. to replace an edit you made) you should copy from the Video Covers folder, not the Video Thumbs folder. I did explain it correctly in the Readme didn't I?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Latvian3Dman and all SVN users - I just thought I should point out you should not modify your SVN version of aMPed 2.1 since:
    1. It is provided for testing ONLY - if you start modifying it I cannot be sure of test results or diagnose problems accurately
    2. As I make changes to SVN it will overwrite your modificiations.

Of course, you can modify a working copy, like what you are using Latvian3DMan, but then I need you to test and verify problems/issues using your SVN version before reporting them.

Thanks!

EDIT: I did PM you Latvian3DMan about making the posters larger.

Latvian3Dman

Portal Member
    May 11, 2009
    Riga
    Home Country
    @ Dadeo:
    understood. I guess in situations like i have, when i have "default" current SVN skin and another "playaround" copy with manual modifications, i should clearly state in post wich one i am talking abot, and ideally post if problems just with default current SVN version. Right?

p.s.: got your message and replied, thankyou! :D

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    STATUS REPORT:
    I am nearing completion of aMPed 2.1. However, I was unable to get the following plugins working, so as it stands, they will not be supported in aMPed 2.1:
    1. MTV Music Videos and Yahoo Music Videos - I feel they are redundant now anyway as OnlineVideos and Youtube.fm have much better support.
    2. Both MyTorrents Plugins (yup there are two with the same name!)
    3. FANatic, DriveFreeSpace and MySpeedfan - I did get SysInfo working which seems to do most of the same things.
    4. MyOrganizer - I don't think it is supported anymore anyway
    5. ForTheRecord - I could not get it to work on my system, but I can barely get TVServer to work!
    6. RSSTicker - replaced by the newer (and supported) InfoService plugin. However, as I do not have Twitter I was unable to implement or test Twitter support.
    If anyone really wants any of these plugins/features supported in aMPed 2.1, PM me ASAP, I will need your help to get them working so I can skin them.

Also, if you have any bug reports or issues - get them in the Issues Tracker or PM me soon!
    @Eyep0p - what happened to those bugs you said you found?

I still need a few days to clean up everything and for final testing. And I want to create an alternate BasicHome based on the new design, (I will still support the current version). So, aMPed 2.1 should be released in the next week!

EDIT: To access Infoservice feeds in My Home use the left arrow key from the Menu, down arrows in BasicHome.

Latvian3Dman

Portal Member
    May 11, 2009
    Riga
    Home Country
    as for me, no, didnt try 1.1 Beta yet.
    Dadeo, should we try that, is it more or less safe to try unfinished aMPed with unfinished MediaPortal version? :)

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm not 100% on this myself but I believe that it just wont work (yet) with MP 1.1
    There have been too many skin changes, or at least fixes to the skin engine (such as scrolling text on buttons) that needs to be implemented firt.
    But what's holding you guys back? Just create an image using macrium reflect or something (my fav tool) and put it back if MP 1.1 is still to buggy for you, or not if you like it.
    Dadeo can use you guys for testing. Has his hands full with skinning already ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom