4:3 skin ::: aMPed 2.0 final (1 Viewer)

Latvian3Dman

Portal Member
May 11, 2009
Riga
Home Country
@ Dadeo:
Thanks for always comprehensive (is that a right english word? :) ) suggestions!
Look at pictures, this is look of MyVideo (shares view) how it was right after i made this skin from SVN and also now when i restored xml files wich you suggested. I wouldnt call that poster in right bottom corner very big... ? :)

Attachments

• amp21_03.jpg
    amp21_03.jpg
    96.5 KB
  • amp21_02.jpg
    amp21_02.jpg
    79.4 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    1. You will only get the big poster when you turn the backgrounds off.
    2. You still don't have everything quite right. Are you taking those screenshots from your SVN version or did you create a working copy and change themes there. If so, did you copy the changes from SVN to the working copy?
    3. I cannot decide what to do with the Details Ticker at the bottom. It is irrelevant in your case, but if you do an IMDB lookup, then you will get data in it. I'll try to think of a way to have it display only if there is relevant data.
    4. I think your screenshots look good. Love that movie Crank! The zoom works well on that one! but not on Pioneers.

And yes, comprehensive is absolutely correct and very polite considering how much I go on, and on, and on...

EDIT: At least your posters are the right size now :)

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Dadeo regarding 3)

Maybe have a dummy invisible label control somewhere with say ID of 123456. Have the label say #director.
    Then have the detailticker fadelabel check if Control.hasText(123456) would do the trick.

It has to be thought out more (just checks director now) but an idea that might work.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Joz, I was thinking something like that, just trying to decide which field to use. Is there always a director when you do an IMDB lookup? I couldn't remember, since I never use MyVideos. Maybe year is more consistent? I'm just trying them out now.

EDIT: You were right, as usual! Director was the best. In my data year is always populated with 1900 if there is no year, sometimes runtime is set to 0, and sometimes there was a genre without any other data :confused: Done and in SVN , should work in 99% cases.

Eyep0p

Portal Pro
    June 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    could you have a look on the reference.xml because of my bug? or did i understand something wrong?

Eyep0p

Portal Pro
    June 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    and mytrailers and onlinevideos isnt working anymore! dont know why... cant start anything.

Attachments

• mytrailers.jpg
      mytrailers.jpg
      64.3 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Eyep0p, I'm guessing you mean the Mini TV Guide? As I said before, I cannot duplicate your problem as I saw it in your video. On my Mini TV Guide it scrolls down and I can select any channel. I was waiting for your answers to my previous questions
    Does it work in Blue3? Always test possible bugs in Blue3 to see if it is a problem there as well. If it does work in Blue3, does it work with the Default theme in aMPed? I'm just trying to identify where your problem is occuring.
    When I can't duplicate the problem, you need to do more testing to help me figure out how to solve it.

I think you are a really great tester, finding lots of things and I appreciate it a lot. But you and all testers, should get used to using the Issue Tracker, because it helps you report issues/bugs in more detail, which makes it easier for us to solve them. Plus it gives us all a record of what has been fixed, in which revision, how and why without having to go back through all these forum posts!!!!

I did just put a 'fix' in SVN, but i have no idea if it will work for you because I have no idea what is causing your problem, so I am just stabbing in the dark here! :)

Re Trailers and Online Videos, are those Apple Trailers? There are lots of posts in OnlineVideos that they are not working atm.

Eyep0p

Portal Pro
    June 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yes in blue3 it works. with default aMPed not. i update now. and next time we see us on the tracker. :D

Edit: FIXED! Nice job!!!

Latvian3Dman

Portal Member
    May 11, 2009
    Riga
    Home Country
    @ Dadeo:
    about "You still don't have everything quite right":
    maybe look of screenshot confuses a bit because i used font 18, bigger font? I post here how it looks in absolutely default aMPed 2.1 made from SVN, nothing changed, added or copied. Is it right?
    about Monochrome, here is what i did, tell me if that was not right:
    1) made default new skin folder from SVN, as you nicely did show me how its done, via "Checkout". Screenshot in this post is from that skin.
    2) made another skin folder, in my case called "aMPed21 Mono"
    3) from default new folder did "Export" to that "Mono" folder. In there, from Themes\Monochrome copied Media folder content over default Media folder content. Al that in "aMPed21 Mono" folder area only.
    Sooo... Was that all correct?
    about "You will only get the big poster when you turn the backgrounds off":
    is that if I do suggested xml edit you just posted, about how to turn off background in MyVideo, I will get big poster picture on the right side of screen, which is my goal (or just wish :) )? Do I understand right this: i can not get big poster AND that zoomed background in the same time? I will try of course that xml editing, but maybe you have some screenshot what should i expect after that?
    Thanks for help !!
    :D

P.S.: in that post i did with SciFi backgrounds and Red Mist movie screen: see, in there poster width is larger than default, but height is wrong, cut off. Isnt there xml-s combination that makes that kind of width and of course proportional big height too? Maybe i copied something wrong from "Layouts" ... (?)

Attachments

• amp21_04.jpg
      amp21_04.jpg
      114.9 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    That screenshot is correct, except you don't have the latest fix to only display the Detail Ticker at the bottom when there is data. Minor point!

What you described you did sounds perfect, but your previous screenshots did not show the space at the beginning of each item on the list. That's how I knew you didn't have everything right. You do now.

About the big poster, see the screenshot. As it is, you can't have the big poster with the backdrop unless you want to learn to skin and do it yourself! I'll gladly give tips in exchange for help skinning :). I feel the large poster covers too much of the background. I could have made the posters a little larger, but on a small screen you really don't see much detail on the poster unless it is a lot larger, that's why the backdrops!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom