4:3 skin ::: aMPed 2.0 final (1 Viewer)

Eyep0p

Portal Pro
June 24, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
What happens when you press the down arrow? up arrow?

It scrolls too. But i cant select the channels that are in the middle. Hard to explain... :( maybe i can record a video or show it tomorrow on teamviewer. i go to bed now...

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I can't duplicate your problem on the TVChannels yet. Does it work in Blue3? Always test possible bugs in Blue3 to see if it is a problem there as well. If it does work in Blue3, does it work with the Default theme in aMPed? I'm just trying to identify where your problem is occuring.

I put a fix in SVN for the media overlays. I tried Youtube several times with diff files and it appears to be working. Let me know if it works for you.

Stop reading here if you don't want a headache LOL! But if you use Radio, then read on!

This fix partially disables the workaround I did for Radio Overlays. Which is a bummer for me as it took me a week to do it!

Sorry guys, but this is a bug in MP code. Radio Overlays are designed to play as video. I am guessing this was done to display visualizations when there were few or no radio logos. Nowadays most streaming radio has them, and there are lots of MP users who provide logos for Radio Stations in their country. Of course, there are a lot of posts about why they don't display, so I am hoping the developers will fix this. I have posted bug reports and screamed as politely as I can in the hope this can be changed.

I have tried to bypass radio playing as video, but only with partial success. With the new fix, Radio overlays will still appear correctly, and show your logos, but ONLY once you navigate to another screen, not when you first play them in Radio. While you are in Radio (or RadioTime), your overlay window is a videowindow and will display visualizations if you have them turned on. Of course, music or radio will always display visualizations (if you turn them on) full screen while music or radio is playing but not in aMPed overlays.

Skins (like Blue3) that use the built in overlays will sometimes display Radio logos (I won't go into the technical reasons, aren't you glad?). But then none of the radio, music or video overlays will display when you access hidden/sliding menus. We wanted your overlays to be visible all the time. aMPed is the only skin afaik that does display Radio logos in skin defined (i.e. imported , not built in) overlays.

There, now is your head hurting again Eyep0p? ;) or did you wisely stop reading...

EDIT: Latvian3Dman - I hope you got and read my PM before you start to test.

Eyep0p

Portal Pro
    June 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And again: I'll check it at home. :)

I didn't stop reading although i didn't use radio. Big fault! Ooh, my head... ;)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @ All Testers/SVN Users - I have just added a Plugins Status Report (like a Roadmap) to the Readme folder in SVN so you can keep track of which plugins are ready for testing in aMPed 2.1 and which ones are still using aMPed 2.0 style. I'll be keeping the list up to date as I do the remaining plugins. That way you don't have to check back in these forum posts to see which ones are done or not.

Eventually this list will appear as a WIKI page on our Google Code site once aMPed 2.1 is released.

You can use the list to volunteer to work on any of the plugins you might use/know, or request a plugin get done so you can test/use it. Next up is My Programs by request from Migue who has been doing lots of work making skin related patches for us (in MP 1.1.0) that will improve aMPed 2.1 a lot! See the Development Forum - Submit Patches for details and sneak previews of what is coming up!

Eyep0p

Portal Pro
    June 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!

1. The Videowindow in OnlineVideos works now. Looks perfect!
    2. Uploaded a video to youtube. Hope this can explain what i meant. YouTube - aMPed Bug!?!

Hope I have more time at the weekend to find more bugs and maybe to have a look on MPI and a theme. :D

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hey EyePop, that's not really a bug, it's a design decision.
    It's not like you cannot select some channels (it seemed like that when reading your posts) it's just the selected one is always on top, has to do with scrollOffset.

Me personally like to have the slecteditem in the listcontrol be the center one. So Dadeo decided to do this kinda stuff via references.xml (which is really good, keep up the good work!) but references is used for what it's called, as a reference.
    If not defined a scrolloffset in an xml it will look at references and take that value (just an example for this case).

However in this case the listcontrol does not look at all like the default listcontrol (less height I guess) so the scrollOffset in this case makes the selecteditem always be on top

Eyep0p

Portal Pro
    June 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I know that i can select all channels but i think its a bit confusing if only the first channel in the row is selected. By the way if you scroll to the end of the list so the selection is on the bottom and scroll back up again it stays there.
    So its easy to fix!?!

Dadeo, tested yesterday a bit. Found bugs in myShowtimes and in myOnlineVideos. Sorry for that. :)
    I'll post them later!

Edit: Maybe someone can me explain how a can use the issue-tracker on the google-site? Think its better then discuss all things here.

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hey Eyep0P,

I think using google code is way better then posting everything here. Now how to use it, not too hard;

• You need a google account first so you can post issues.
    • Then go to the amped google codes site and pick issues.
    • Now fill in a summary (short description of the problem, kinda like a problem title), this is obligated. Then please fill out the description.
    • The description will be filled with some questions, please answer those.
    • Finally you can add labels to the issue.
      If an issue only happens in SVN build then add the label "Type-Defect-SVN" (without quotes) If you click on a label input a couple of labels are in a dropdown for you to select one (weirdley enough the defect svn is not in there for whatever reason)

Latvian3Dman

Portal Member
    May 11, 2009
    Riga
    Home Country
    @ Dadeo:
    here are some samples of Sci-Fi backgrounds I am testing now in aMPed. They not very optimised, actually i just resized them and put in animations like 15 minutes ago :)
    Btw, is it just me, or aMPed 2.1 is a bit generally slower than old version?
    Dadeo, maybe you can give me a right suggestion about how to get those "big cover pictures" in MyVideo shares view? I tried to copy/overwrite files from MyVideoCovers and MyVideoThumbs (under Layouts folder), but i am just getting that funny bottom side cut from poster/cover picture.
    Another suggestion for me would be nice, about the same MyVideo shares view. Background i am getting is top part from the same poster/cover picture, i rember reading it is kinda by design, but priority picture would be fanart. If there is any. So, my question, if only picture referencing to movie is poster picture "folder.jpg" in given movie folder, what are my options? Can i get no background or some default abstract video background?
    Thanks a lot in advance for some ideas, hints, etc! ;)

Attachments

• amp21_001.jpg
      amp21_001.jpg
      78.2 KB
    • amp21_002.jpg
      amp21_002.jpg
      85.9 KB
    • amp21_003.jpg
      amp21_003.jpg
      71.8 KB
    • amp21_004.jpg
      amp21_004.jpg
      83.4 KB
    • amp21_005.jpg
      amp21_005.jpg
      79.5 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @Latvia3DMan - NICE! Love the SciFi shots. Thanks.
    1. I have not noticed aMPed 2.1 is slower, but it could be, depending on your memory etc. There is more processing of the backgrounds everywhere and probably a bit more animations (mostly fading backgrounds). You may have another issue here, but I would need more info. Maybe wait until you have everything configured and see if it persists. Are you getting any log errors? What is the file size of your background jpgs or folder.jpgs? They are loading into memory.
    2. I forgot to tell you I changed the default for MyVideo Shares view to your Big Cover views. Dunno why you are not getting them. You can copy them from aMPed\Layouts\Video Covers folder. I just checked them on my system and they are correct both in the main skin folder and in the Video Covers folder. If it is not working, try updating your SVN copy and see if you get any changes on them.
    3. You mean you don't like the zoomed posters as backgrounds? They don't work in all cases, but they look good in most cases for me. Your options are:
      • Create or download fanart that looks good. You can easily create your own by copying the folder.jpg to [aMPed skin folder]\Media\Fanart\Videos and editing it to a nice 720x405 size and renaming it to [MovieName].jpg. [MovieName] must be exactly the same name as the name of the Movie or Video in your MyVideos Shares view.
      • Edit the myvideo.xml - at the top of the file, change <define>#thumbnail:#selectedthumb</define> to <define>#thumbnail:-</define> and it will disable the thumbnail backdrop just in MyVideo Shares. Then you should get a default backdrop for Videos (like what you get if there is no poster). If you don't want the default backdrop either, then also change the <define>#backdrop:backdrops\backdrop_myfilms.jpg</define> to <define>#backdrop:-</define> I just put a fix in SVN so you will get big posters if you turn off both the thumbnail and default backdrop. So let me know if that works.
    If many users feel the same, I could provide an optional layout that turns them off everywhere. But I think you should wait until you use the new verison a bit to see what you would like.

I am still not happy with the fading transitions of backgrounds/fanart. It works great in TVSeries and MovingPictures which control fanart logic. But I am thinking to just forget the fading otherwise since it is not consistent.

EDIT: BTW My Programs and My Daily Comics plugins have been 'skinned' and are in SVN ready for testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom