4:3 skin ::: aMPed 2.0 final (3 Viewers)

ledge

Portal Member
November 22, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I'm using the TV Server. Basically on the recorded tv screen none of the recordings show but the menu on the left does. I'd be happy to test out the screen for tv-server if you need someone to.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @ Ledge - Happy reported that he is getting the recordings using MP 1.0 and TV Server, and he has tested it out on MP 1.0. I noticed this issue has also been reported in several skin forums as well as in the SVN forum. If we make aMPed work for SVN it willl not work for MP 1.0. So you have a few choices:

1. Wait until we update the skin for MP 1.0.1 (not ideal as you won't get your recordings until then!)
    2. Copy the mytvrecordedtv.xml from the Blue3 skin that came with your SVN version (it won't look like aMPed but it should work)
    3. Revert to MP 1.0 (which is what aMPed supports) at least for TV Server
    4. If the Blue3 skin version of mytvrecordedtv.xml works for you you could copy the changes from it to the aMPed version of that file.

If you aren't comfortable editing the xml (I see you've only been using MP for a little while) then if the Blue3 version of mytvrecordedtv.xml works for you, you can send it to me (just attach it to a post here, or PM me) and I will try and make the changes for you. You'll have to test it and let me know if it works for you.

As soon as I get a chance to start testing in SVN (and get it working in the Inbuilt Engine) I will take you up on your offer to test it in TVServer :) Thanks

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Explorer :D
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    i been playing around with fonts today, and just for a laugh i tried the Segoe UI font used throughout Vista, and everything actaully looks really decent and isnt very difficult to read, the furtherest im away from my screen is about ~9 feet, and i could read everything fine, it might be worth trying it

i included the fonts.xml for those who want to try it, rememeber delete the cache replace the xml then load MP
    also a couple of screenshots

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Looks good Happy, thanks for the tip. I think I mentioned I am working on an even larger font version for upcoming release (not sure yet which one!) and I'll give Segoe UI a try. We are hoping to develop a skin design that will allow users to change fonts and sizes according to their preference so you are really helping that direction!

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Home Country
    Looks good Happy, thanks for the tip. I think I mentioned I am working on an even larger font version for upcoming release (not sure yet which one!) and I'll give Segoe UI a try. We are hoping to develop a skin design that will allow users to change fonts and sizes according to their preference so you are really helping that direction!

no worries glad i could help, also i got some bad news, the hardware i use to watch tv has messed up, so i no longer can test TV server or anything TV related for you anymore, until i buy another card, wont be for atleast 3 weeks sorry

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    no worries glad i could help, also i got some bad news, the hardware i use to watch tv has messed up, so i no longer can test TV server or anything TV related for you anymore, until i buy another card, wont be for atleast 3 weeks sorry

Sorry to hear your news! I hope you can get a great new TV card soon!

I noticed on the screenshot you posted for TVGuide that the Program Description is a bit high and overlaps the Program Title a bit when scrolling. Does that happen only with the Segoe UI font, or with Verdana font as well? It does not do that on either of my screens or on Joz's screen! We try to test on as many screen sizes as we can.

grishnbot

Portal Member
    January 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nice skin ..
    But i have some problems with the menues in MyMusik and MyVideo ..
    If there is a file playing (Music or Video) the menues get very slow. Not really useable. With Blue everything works very smooth.
    Are there some min. System requirements for this skin ?

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Home Country

Sorry to hear your news! I hope you can get a great new TV card soon!

I noticed on the screenshot you posted for TVGuide that the Program Description is a bit high and overlaps the Program Title a bit when scrolling. Does that happen only with the Segoe UI font, or with Verdana font as well? It does not do that on either of my screens or on Joz's screen! We try to test on as many screen sizes as we can.

if i remember correctly it used to do it with the Verdana font as well, but its only ever so slightly it never really bothered me

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    grishnbot - can you post your system specs? You can always enter them in the User Control Panel. It is very helpful when posting in the forums to know what each users system config is. Please do post your screen size/resolution as well as that makes a lot of difference. aMped does use a fair bit of system resources for the larger fonts, animations etc. But it all depends on what OS you are using, the size of your screen, etc. etc. So it is really hard to pinpoint minimum system requirements. You might be able to help us identify that!

@ Happy I don't know if I ever asked your screen size/resolution? I'd like everything to work as perfectly as possible on all screens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom