4:3 skin ::: aMPed 2.0 final (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    One of my screens is also 1280x1024 and I don't get the overlap. This stuff just drives me crazy! Do you use any overscan? I mean did you set a Screen Calibration using MP Settings or adjust screen size using your gfx card settings? I know you are not concerned about it, but I'm trying to learn as much as possible about how things change on different screens/setups so we can design accordingly. Our users have been a great help!

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Explorer :D
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    One of my screens is also 1280x1024 and I don't get the overlap. This stuff just drives me crazy! Do you use any overscan? I mean did you set a Screen Calibration using MP Settings or adjust screen size using your gfx card settings? I know you are not concerned about it, but I'm trying to learn as much as possible about how things change on different screens/setups so we can design accordingly. Our users have been a great help!

i never calibrated the screen, im using a intel 946 chipset for gfx, its onboard, the resolution was set automatically after i installed vista, so i assume the driver setup it up

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Happy. I suppose different gfx cards/drivers could cause slight variations, but I'm no tech gfx guru!

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nice skin ..
    But i have some problems with the menues in MyMusik and MyVideo ..
    If there is a file playing (Music or Video) the menues get very slow. Not really useable. With Blue everything works very smooth.
    Are there some min. System requirements for this skin ?

I checked this out on my system, all is smooth for me. But I got a highend PC running the job;
    E6750, 2GB DDR2 667MHz, HD3650 512MB

As a fix I suggest doing the following:
    - Find and open these files in an editor:
    * mymusicsongs.xml (My Music)
    * mymusicgenres.xml (For My Music Genre view)
    * myvideo.xml (My videos)
    - Replace the following value of "yes" with "no" in all xml's
    * <allowoverlay>yes</allowoverlay>

I do not know if I got all of the problematic ones for you. It should be speeding up the menu afterwards I guess; because there's less heavy overlaying going on.

------EDIT------

grishnbot, you can try the attached file, let me know if it helps and solved all issues.
    Unzip the files directly into aMPed skin folder

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    btw if any of you noticed that I kinda screwed up on Basichome providing my own version of it as the Sample ánd the actual Basichome file :oops: Things happen
    See fix attached

Attachments

• BasicHome.xml
      30.6 KB

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    New release will be here soon.
    I just wanted to give you guys a little teaser and maybe you can comment on what you think of it.
    The screenshot attached shows the plugin SysInfo. I have integrated the Drive Free Space plugin in the menu of SysInfo.
    Besides that I have added buttons for My Speedfan and FANatic monitor (if they are enabled / installed)

11kcllf.jpg

1.1 will also bring a whole MP games redesign. For all changes since 1.0.1, see Changelog

ledge

Portal Member
    November 22, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just offering to help test a new version for MP 1.1 with TV server in case you still want any help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom