4:3 skin ::: aMPed 2.0 final (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Reg - whenever you are ready! Here is a rar file of the new TV Section for you and anyone else who wants to test it out. I hope I got all the right files you need to test it! You can just extract the rar file to the aMPed skin folder.

Issues:
    1. There is a new backslide.png file that will go into the Media folder, so you will have to delete the packedgfx files from your cache to get it. You probably want to backup the original backslide unless you are testing on a test version of aMPed.
    2. I included a new references.xml file for 1.0.1 which also changes some defaults, so back up your original of that so you can revert to it if you need to.
    3. I have not impemented the Change Groups button in TV Guide because it does not work in TVE (built in) in any skin I have tried. I guess it only works in TV Server since I think you said it works for you.
    4. In MP 1.0.1 I can't record TV using TVE (still trying to solve this one) so I was only able to test the recording section in a limited fashion with test data.
    5. Of course I haven't tested TVServer at all, which is why I need help from all our users! With my TV card it can take 5 sec to change channels in TV Server (at least it used to) and that's a deal breaker for me.

Testing:
    1. Basically try every button and every option on every TV screen.
    2. Press F9 or the info key on each screen and check out all the options, if there are any.
    3. Check out the OSD when you are watching TV or playing recorded TV by pressing the info key on your remote or pressing y on the keyboard. You can also check out the ZapTVOSD if you use that.

If there are layout problems, you can post screenshots.

That should be it. I really appreciate any feedback you have. :D

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Reg - whenever you are ready! Here is a rar file of the new TV Section for you and anyone else who wants to test it out. I hope I got all the right files you need to test it! You can just extract the rar file to the aMPed skin folder.

Hi, I downloaded and unpacked and it seems to work pretty good. :D

Issues:
    1. There is a new backslide.png file that will go into the Media folder, so you will have to delete the packedgfx files from your cache to get it. You probably want to backup the original backslide unless you are testing on a test version of aMPed.

I dont understand this backslide bit.

3. I have not impemented the Change Groups button in TV Guide because it does not work in TVE (built in) in any skin I have tried. I guess it only works in TV Server since I think you said it works for you.

Yes it works fine under the default skin on my system and is a very handy option to have. What is TVE?

Testing:
    1. Basically try every button and every option on every TV screen.

They all seem to work, although I am confused about the forward and back buttons that appear at the top of the screen, when I figure out how to post screen shots I will explain more.

One really annoying thing is that on the TV guide the little green arrows that seem to indicate current program protrude into the Title of the program at bottom and the time of program at top making it impossible to read from a distance. Again when I can figure out how to paste my captured screenshots will explain more if needed.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Testing

Hi, I downloaded and unpacked and it seems to work pretty good. :D
    Wow, that's great, I'm pleasantly surprised!

Issues:
    I dont understand this backslide bit.

It's a graphic file that was in the Media folder in the rar file. It should have copied over the current backslide in your existing Media folder. That's why I said make sure you have a backup in case you want to go back to the old one until we have aMPed for MP 1.0.1 finished.

If it is installed you will have a darker blue, more transparent background when you select the action menus on the left (as in recordedtv, scheduled, search etc.) It is the full height of the screen and fades to totally tranparent on the right of the menu. The previous one was less transparent and brighter blue and a box.

Whenver you reinstall skins, you have to delete the cache. In XP I that is in %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Team Mediaportal\Mediaportal (usually C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal). The cache has created all the fonts and packed the graphics. You can just delete the aMPed folder in Cache, or in this case (where it is only one graphic file not fonts) you can just delete the packedgfx files in the aMPed folder.

Yes it works fine under the default skin on my system and is a very handy option to have. What is TVE?

TVE is TV Engine, usually referring to the inbuilt TV option you can select during install, instead of the TV Server. I guess they only implemented the channel group button for TVServer? I'll report this in the TV forum and see what is up.

They all seem to work, although I am confused about the forward and back buttons that appear at the top of the screen, when I figure out how to post screen shots I will explain more.

Those little buttons change the time interval of the TVGuide i.e 15 min, 30 min 1 hr. I usually use 30 min which I think is the default. They used to be beside the box where you can change the date, but they always overlapped and were really hard to select with the larger fonts, so I moved them!

One really annoying thing is that on the TV guide the little green arrows that seem to indicate current program protrude into the Title of the program at bottom and the time of program at top making it impossible to read from a distance. Again when I can figure out how to paste my captured screenshots will explain more if needed.

Good point! I'm not sure if I can change them or if they are hard coded, but I'll check!

Really, thanks so much for testing this out for us. It is a relief to know things will work for TV Server as well.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    TV Guide Vertical Time Line

Hey Reg, that vertical time line on the TV GUide is supposed to be transparent so you can read the text through it. I made it a little more transparent. Here's a screenshot of how it looks on my system. If that works for you, the edited TVGuide is attached. If you have a better idea let me know.

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What about a vertical line crossing the entire guide? I have seen that used before, I think x-factor or some other new wide screen

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    TV slider

Do you mean something like this? I also lowered the arrow to the program lisitings so it doesn't block out the time. I narrowed the arrows a bit too.

What do you guys think?

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Do you mean something like this? I also lowered the arrow to the program lisitings so it doesn't block out the time. I narrowed the arrows a bit too.

What do you guys think?

I tried the more transparent version and it did not make a lot of difference on the TV, on the monitor it is all fine. I think the lowered arrow might be a better idea.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Does it work for you in Blue3 skin? Have you seen one anywhere that does work for you? All the skins I checked have pretty much the same thing. With the lowered arrow I can't really see the vertical line on my TV. Should I leave it in and make the line wider (more visible) or just take it out and leave the new arrows?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom