4k TV Stutter with RTSP (1 Viewer)

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I recently bought myself a new amplifier (Denon AVR-X3500H) and decided to also upgrade to a 4K capable video card for my HTPC (ASUS GeForce GT 1030 2GB GDDR5). This card is connected to my amp via HDMI, and onward to my UHD TV. I have a separate TV server. I tuned in the Astra UHD Demo and SES UHD Demo channels and found I couldn't get smooth playback of these channels using RTSP (using LAV filters 0.73.1 with DXVA2 hardware acceleration enabled, so CPU usage is low). I then switched to the "UNC Paths" option and playback is perfect! Is this a known 'characteristic'?

Just posting this for people who might be experiencing the same issue, but at the same time I would be happy to do further testing and submit logs for the devs if required.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)
    Thanks for the report
    @Owlsroost can surely help, but it could be nice to post debug logs with RTSP and UNC for us to try to saw why :p

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I've had this for some time, UNC works fine but RTSP bad. I have never reported because I think the ethernet cable to my tv server is suspect (it goes outside, 5m cable). RTSP has no error correction, so perhaps check your network?

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    perhaps check your network
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I've got gigabit connectivity between the TV server and the client and use a managed network switch so I can monitor the respective network ports. No packet errors are reported so I'm pretty sure the connectivity itself is fine.

post debug logs with RTSP and UNC for us
    Will do when I get home tonight.

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Attached are the logs for both the RTSP and UNC options. The TsReader.log file for the RTSP option has a lot of "Audio to render too late" in it, which is indicative of the stutter.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogsUNC_19_12_18__20_38.zip
      91.9 KB

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    @Owlsroost, attached are the RTSP logs, including the TV Server log files. Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogsRTSP_21_12_18__15_08.zip
      93.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom