1.25.0 5031: Error on Install. (3 Viewers)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    There is another opinion:
    i used the fonts-plugin to install my constum fonts, because INSTALLTTF made too much problems and work for me.

Set the Outputpath to the System-Fontfolder
    System::Call 'shell32::confused:HGetSpecialFolderPathA(i $HWNDPARENT, t .r1, i ${CSIDL_FONTS}, i 0) i r0'
    SetOutPath $1

Add the ttf and the Name of the Font to the Registry:
    WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts" "Play Regular" "Play-Regular.ttf"

Then just use the registerFont Function of the fonts-Plugin:
    fonts::registerFont "Play-Regular.ttf"

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    It is necessary to test more deeply if the font is not installed, that is, whether there is such an error or not, if it is not, then it is enough to output this error to the log file.
    If there is, it is necessary to change the procedure for registering fonts, perhaps by writing a small program for registering fonts, or to change the NSIS script.
    Font list ...

NSIS script try delete Fonts before install ...
    Maybe error in this case ... The some message dialog when remove - MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1

And we have Advanced font script - MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1 maybe need try use it ... or maybe need update both scripts from NSIS site ...

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks everyone. FYI I have also now updated my HTPC from 1.24 Final which also has MultiShortcut shortcuts without any problem, also replaced the new BasicHomeEditorDefines.xml with a copy of my old modified one;). All looking good. Went back to my desktop PC and reinstalled 1.25 but no errors this time. I have never seen this error on install before through multiple updates, reinstalls, fresh installs etc.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Something else, on import node, if custom files is imported after the original file in xml, value used are from latest import ?

Envoyé de mon LG-H870S en utilisant Tapatalk

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I think for remove fonts we can ignore all error or simply write it to log ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom