1.29.0 5073: 1.28 Pre-release XML importer change (issue?) (2 Viewers)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    this is the change he did: remove this: MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1

I think (if I make it configurable) that I only do this for description and not for other textvalues (too unsure to know what will break)

Do you know if there's a way (if not already present) to remove linebreaks in the skins (and thus not remove them in the xmlimport)?
    I think in the end that is the most logical place (presentation layer) to either remove them (f.e. because you want the title to be on one line in the tvguide screen) or keep them (on parts of the screen where linebreaks can correctly be displayed, f.e. description)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    In TVPlugin when list populated, we can make any changes...

-- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France

I think (if I make it configurable) that I only do this for description and not for other textvalues (too unsure to know what will break)
    Yes, OFC, if you make it configurable (a setting in SetupTV), it will be less risky.
    Better is to go this way IMHO, if you want to continue with theses changes.

Do you know if there's a way (if not already present) to remove linebreaks in the skins (and thus not remove them in the xmlimport)?
    I think in the end that is the most logical place (presentation layer) to either remove them (f.e. because you want the title to be on one line in the tvguide screen) or keep them (on parts of the screen where linebreaks can correctly be displayed, f.e. description)
    My (own) opinion : NO, for me, skin engine and others alike should not be used to modify entries.
    Take Input ==> Display Output (without changes).
    Then, it's plugin (in this case, xmltv plugin) to store in mptvdb database, in program/description to put the needed string value.

Last edited:

andreas2

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi doskabouter

I only use the line jump for the description. I modify the XmlTV file from EPG-Buddy with WebGrabPlus (rex) only in the description with \n. My new description is:
    Genre, year of production \n Original description \n Actors

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom