[WiP] 5154: MediaPortal 1 - x64 - SharpDX (6 Viewers)

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi!
    latency is not the problem anymore. If it works, the latency is ok now, but it is very unstable and I have to start the proxy as admin to make it work. If I start it with double click on the icon, it does not work. Also it sometimes does not turn off the display on exit and after that it hangs and does not start if I start MP again.

The strange is, the "hang" is reproducible: The display "hangs" itself, if I start a movie. If i press stop, the movie stops, but the time in the display continues to cout for soem seconds. If i exit MP, the the imon is freezed and it does not start again if I start MP
    Hi, the MP log is from x86 version. I need MP x64 log and make sure the option "Extensive logging" in MPx86Proxy is enabled (upon start of the aplication the option is disabled by default). Thanks.

joker1639

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2009
    Hi, the MP log is from x86 version. I need MP x64 log and make sure the option "Extensive logging" in MPx86Proxy is enabled (upon start of the aplication the option is disabled by default). Thanks.
    Hi, I hope these logs are correct now :)

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• x64 imon logging.png
      x64 imon logging.png
      112.1 KB
    • MPx86Proxy.log
      1.3 KB

joker1639

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2009

Attachments

• mad.log
      38.9 KB
    • MPTray.log
      360 bytes
    • MediaPortal-Error.log
      10.8 KB
    • MediaPortal.log
      1.4 MB
    • Configuration.log
      68.4 KB
    • Configuration-Error.log
      9.8 KB
    • MPx86Proxy.log
      74.3 KB
    Last edited:

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Hi @Pablik!

Added your MPx86Proxy in my folder, but logging is still not insightful.
    Addes the MP and some other logs now.

Thank you!
    Hi, to enable extensive logging in MPx86Proxy you have to open context menu Options->Extensive logging. It is disabled upon start by default.

joker1639

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2009
    Hi, to enable extensive logging in MPx86Proxy you have to open context menu Options->Extensive logging. It is disabled upon start by default.
    Few minutes ago I found the option. Added the log in the last post. But here we go again ;)

23-Jul-2023 19:47:19.107 Debug Extensive logging: Disabled
    23-Jul-2023 19:47:26.459 Debug Extensive logging: Enabled

Attachments

• MPx86Proxy.log
      74.3 KB

joker1639

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2009
    Some more.....

Display works as long as I am in the menu/GUI, when I start a video file, it works, but as soon as I stop the file, the dispaly lags. And when I exit MP it stays on with the MP menu text. Then I have to stop the proxy via taskmanager.

Attachments

• MPx86Proxy.log
      81.5 KB
    • mad.log
      49.2 KB
    • MPTray.log
      466 bytes
    • MediaPortal-Error.log
      11.6 KB
    • MediaPortal.log
      1.2 MB
    • WorldWeatherLite.log
      36.3 KB
    Last edited:

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Some more.....

Display works as long as I am in the menu/GUI, when I start a video file, it works, but as soon as I stop the file, the dispaly lags. And when I exit MP it stays on with the MP menu text. Then I have to stop the proxy via taskmanager.
    Hi, nothing unusual in the log except the call to display uninit (when MP is closing) won't return. This is the reason why you have to close the proxy from task manager. I gonna have to put some timeout for executing this command becouse it blocks everything.
    Anyway, it seems to me that driver is somehow busy with processing of the data. Question is why this is not happening in x86 version. Only difference between the platform versions is that native call to the driver is executed in proxy app (in MP x86 version directly from MiniDisplay plugin) and I don't see anything wrong in communications between MiniDisplay plugin and proxy(over socket). I'll try to more investigate this issue...
    For the start, can you try larger time values in "Scroll delay (ms)" and "Update (ms)" in MiniDisplay config? For example 500ms or even bigger. This should slow down sending the pixel data to the display driver.
    Thanks for the logs.

joker1639

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2009
    Hi, nothing unusual in the log except the call to display uninit (when MP is closing) won't return. This is the reason why you have to close the proxy from task manager. I gonna have to put some timeout for executing this command becouse it blocks everything.
    Anyway, it seems to me that driver is somehow busy with processing of the data. Question is why this is not happening in x86 version. Only difference between the platform versions is that native call to the driver is executed in proxy app (in MP x86 version directly from MiniDisplay plugin) and I don't see anything wrong in communications between MiniDisplay plugin and proxy(over socket). I'll try to more investigate this issue...
    For the start, can you try larger time values in "Scroll delay (ms)" and "Update (ms)" in MiniDisplay config? For example 500ms or even bigger. This should slow down sending the pixel data to the display driver.
    Thanks for the logs.
    500 ms did the trick; no more lag when I stop the movie, no more freeze on exit.

Attachments

• MediaPortal.log
      727.6 KB
    • MediaPortal.Pbk.log
      1.7 KB
    • MediaPortal-Error.log
      10.8 KB
    • mad.log
      5.1 KB
    • Configuration.log
      111.8 KB
    • MPx86Proxy.log
      100.1 KB

joker1639

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2009
    Does the proxy work with Windows autostart, or do I have to create a Task via windows task scheduler?

Edit: A Task via task scheduler with admin rights and a start delay of 30 seconds works perfect!

Thank you @Pablik for your effort and your help!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom