[WiP] 5154: MediaPortal 1 - x64 - SharpDX (5 Viewers)

joker1639

Portal Pro
May 10, 2009
Well, it's working, but you have to make a copy(don't delete original) of SG_VFD.dll and rename it to SG_VFDU.dll in soundgraph application folder.
Just had the same observation as you. The difference is SG_VFDU.dll in 8.12 is called SG_VFD.dll in 7.77. But I did not get 7.77 working.

How did you do that? Install 7.77 - rename the SG_VFD.dll into SG_VFDU.dll in program files x86 folder into SG_VFDU.dll

Any benefits yet with 7.77?

Last edited:

joker1639

Portal Pro
May 10, 2009
@Pablik
Yep, as I thought 8.12 imon is the problem! Just made 7.77 working and set scroll delay and update to 100ms. Display is smooth, no lags and no crash on exit.

As I said, there was a reason why I did not use 8.12 in the past, but I forgot why, because it was at least 8 years in the past.

Is there an easy way to help other users who still use imon? At least an highlighted installation notice on the download page to install 7.77 and copy the file and rename the copy to SG_VFDU.dll and insert it in program files x86 /soundgraph?

or is it possible for you to ad SG_VFDU.dll or SG_VFD.dll to your proxy code?

joker1639

Portal Pro
May 10, 2009
Workaround to get imon 7.77 working:
  1. Install Imon 7.77
  2. Go to C:\program files (x86)
  3. Make a copy of SG_VFD.dll
  4. Rename the copy to SG_VFDU.dll and place it in the soundgraph folder where the SG_VFD.dll is. Don't delete the SG_VFD.dll. See screenshot
Advantage: imon display runs more stable with 7.77 and does not get problems with scroll delay and update times

Edit: Driver with manual attached

Attachments

• imon.png
    imon.png
    34.6 KB
  • iMON_7_77_1022_01 workaround.zip
    98.4 MB
Last edited:

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi @joker1639,
    thanks for the report. I made an update in both MPx86Proxy and MiniDisplayLibrary to support both dll versions. LCD selection is renamed to "SoundGraph iMON USB VFD/LCD Plugin >= 7.77.1022".
    Only issue with older iMon app is that it doesn't support plugin mode so the RC API feature can't be used.
    Tested on both x86/x64 MP versions.
    MPx86Proxy has implemented timeout for executing native calls to iMON so it should be more stable.

Attachments

• MiniDisplayLibrary.x64.zip
      446 KB
    • MiniDisplayLibrary.zip
      446.1 KB
    • MPx86Proxy.zip
      633.1 KB
    Last edited:

joker1639

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2009
    Hi @joker1639,
    thanks for the report. I made an update in both MPx86Proxy and MiniDisplayLibrary to support both dll versions. LCD selection is renamed to "SoundGraph iMON USB VFD/LCD Plugin >= 7.77.1022".
    Only issue with older iMon app is that it doesn't support plugin mode so the RC API feature can't be used.
    Tested on both x86/x64 MP versions.
    MPx86Proxy has implemented timeout for executing native calls to iMON so it should be more stable.
    @Pablik
    small update: tested the new files

the good thing: If you enter MPx64 config and try to test the imon display, MPx86proxy is launched automatically

the bad thing: If I restart my HTPC and start MPx64.exe the proxy does not start automatically and the display stays black

so if you doubleclick the Mediaportalx64.exe the proxy does not start

Last edited:

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    the bad thing: If I restart my HTPC and start MPx64.exe the proxy does not start automatically and the display stays black

so if you doubleclick the Mediaportalx64.exe the proxy does not start
    It is weird. If it works with MP config it should work with MP too. Both app uses the same MiniDisplayLibrary.dll.
    I can confirm that it works on my PC.
    Can you post your logs please?

joker1639

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2009
    It is weird. If it works with MP config it should work with MP too. Both app uses the same MiniDisplayLibrary.dll.
    I can confirm that it works on my PC.
    Can you post your logs please?
    For me not the MiniDisplayLibrary.dll
    seems to be the problem, it seems when i start the MP.exe the proxy does not start. If i started the proxy before, the display works fine.

But it is strange, that the config.exe starts the proxy on its own, when i config the display, but the Mp.exe does not start it up.
    Did you put the MiniDisplayLibrary.dll only in c:\program files\team mediaportal

or is there another path where it need to be replaced?

Will post the logs in the evening, when I am home again

Last edited:

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Did you put the MiniDisplayLibrary.dll only in c:\program files\team mediaportal

or is there another path where it need to be replaced?

Will post the logs in the evening, when I am home again
    Yes, only in MP application folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom