6 tuners in tvserver, stuttering tv picture (1 Viewer)

Jare

Portal Member
March 5, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
TV-Server Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Skin: blue 2 wide
Windows Version: vista 64bit Business
CPU Type: AMD Phenom 9850BE
1. HDD: Samsung SP SATA-2 7200RPM Spinpoint 500GB
2. HDD: Samsung SP SATA-2 7200RPM Spinpoint 1TB
3. HDD: Samsung SP SATA-2 7200RPM Spinpoint 1TB
Memory: Corsair Dominator twin2x8500c5df DDR2 4096MB
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-DS2H
Video Card: On board ATI 3200hd
Video Card Driver: catalyst 9.3
Sound Card: On board Realtek ALC889A
Sound Card AC3: ?
Sound Card Driver:Version: 6.0.1.5694
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-TD-500
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver:Version: 3.11.26253
2. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-TD-500
2. TV Card Type: DVB-T
2. TV Card Driver:Version: 3.11.26253
3. TV Card: Terratec Cinergy 2400i DT
3. TV Card Type: DVB-T
3. TV Card Driver: Version: 1.0.3.266
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Powerdvd 8
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: Powerdvd 8
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Boxer
HTPC Case: Antec black v2
Cooling: stock
Power Supply:stock 430W
Remote: Microsoft MCE
TV: Limitedlabel 37"
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi
I can´t get the tvserver to work ok if i use both Hauppauge Nova-TD-500 tvcards, the picture stutters evry 5 to 10 sekunds
making recordings or livetv unwatchable. If i have all 3 cards enabled in tvserver config and use 1 or 2 of the tuners for
livetv or recording itis all ok, but if i record on 3 or 4 tuners i get stutters and the tvserver stops responding so i cant
switch channel in mediaportal or start a new recording, but i can watcha movies from the hdd that are alredy recorded,
mediaportal is ok. I cant record 4 channels on 4 tuners (one on eatch) whitheout stutter but i can record 10 channels at the
some thime as long as i dont use mor than 2 tuners it is fine. And it dosentmather if i use 1 tuner on each card or 2 tuners
on one card, it works as long as i dont use mor than 2 tuners. But it is only whith the Hauppauge Nova-TD-500 cards, if i use
the Terratec Cinergy 2400i DT card and max 2 tuners from the Hauppauge Nova-TD-500 cards (i disable 2 of the tuners in tvserver setup)
i can use 4 tuners, and recordings, livetv and tvserver works. No problem whith switching channels or start recordings.
I hope some one have some tip to make it work.

Sorry for my bad english i hope you understand. :sorry:

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I can´t get the tvserver to work ok if i use both Hauppauge Nova-TD-500 tvcards

Do they work with the hauppauge software correctly, last time we had someone asking about using 2 x happauge dual dvb-t tuners, he could not get them to work, even with their software.

Jare

Portal Member
    March 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I havent tryed the hauppauge software at all so i dont know but i will try it later.

Isent the Callifo's DVB-Patch only for xp ? Iam using vista.

Win7

March 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The patch is only for XP!

Can you just post all informations written on the via chip of the card? I am not sure if it was this card but i saw a picture of a dual tuner card from hauppauge and wondered about the via chip on the card. Because as long as i know via doesn´t produce anything for tv. So i started googling for that via chip and found out it was a usb-controller! That means the card that i´ve seen is an usb controller with two usb dvb-t sticks integrated on one card. If this was the same card like yours than we can do some tests. Maybe there is even a driver from another company with the same hardware ( i´m using terratec drivers for my hauppauge hvr-930c :D ). Well but some things can be done before. You can try using other slots for that cards, while doing that you can write down the informations :D I would prefer the second and third pci slot. Currently i have done some tests with via usb controllers and here is the bad news. If i use 8 dvb-t Tuners connected on an via usb controller the cause stuttering streams. If i use the same tuners with a nec usb controller in the same slot everything is fine. I have done a stress test on my windows 7 machine with the usb tuners and the tv-server, there is no problem while recording 26 channels at the same time, except i use the via controller!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The VIA usb controller is one of the issues the T500 has, as far as I know there is no workaround for this, but if anyone knows of one, please tell :)

Win7

March 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Damn so i´m right. Ok so just can anyone send me the drivers inf file?

Well there are things you can try. The gratest Problem is running the via controller in a slot where it shares the interupt. Today i testet a via usb controller again and it did a good ( not great but good ) job but i had to but it in the second slot after the graphiccard. Slot two an three are good, slot one and four are bad. And be sure its not in a slot sharing the irq with an via firewire controller, that can mess things up! At moment i´m self in some usb troubles and i think the best usb controllers are from intel, but they aren´t selling standalone controllers. But i have seen something interessting. Intel controllers reserve only 10% of bandwith for system use all other controllers ( via, nec ) reserve 20%.

Jare

Portal Member
    March 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi

Here is a picture of the card, i have 2 in the computer, the mb only have 2 pci slots so i cant move the cards.

Attachments

• NOVA-TD-500_board.jpg
      NOVA-TD-500_board.jpg
      239.4 KB

Jare

Portal Member
    March 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sorry i forgot the driver files her it is.

Attachments

• Nova-T-TD-Stick_3_11_26253_WHQL.zip
      30.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom