A Canadian Weather Plugin using Environment Canada content (1 Viewer)

Godevin

Portal Member
October 29, 2011
Québec
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi Doug,
it will be a pleasure to do the translation. By the way, here is what I have right now. Can you tell me why I still have the "not observe" every time?

CanadianWeather_ScreenCap2_SreamedMPSkin.png

Rich

doug

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2010
    Calgary
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi, Rich.
    I just loaded the forecast for Montreal and it worked for me. Did the plugin work for you using Default/Default Wide? If so, I'm going to guess that it is something in the XML. Possibly the control IDs are incorrect as the ones that are showing "not observed" are ones I changed from MP's built in weather program.

Doug

Godevin

Portal Member
    October 29, 2011
    Québec
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi,
    well I've already tried it today. I still have the same problem and even if I choose Toronto. I don't know what's wrong. Ho by the way, I observe that if a select another location, the location name disapear. But, it's not a big issue and the owl stuff looks promising!

:D

Rich

CanadianWeather_ScreenCap1h_DefaultWideSkin.png

doug

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2010
    Calgary
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi, Rich.
    I uploaded v0.96 earlier today. It fixes the bug where the city name, logo, and forecast time where not displayed.

For the "not observed" error, could you post or PM me your CanadianWeatherSettings.xml file so I can see if that will help.

Doug

doug

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2010
    Calgary
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi, Rich.

I changed my computer's region settings to French and experienced the same "Not Observed" issue. I just uploaded v0.97 which fixes the bug. (It seems .NET 3.5 on your computer didn't like doing certain operations with decimal points; it prefers using commas. I had to code it to ignore the regional differences...You would think MS would do that by default!!)

Doug

Godevin

Portal Member
    October 29, 2011
    Québec
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Doug,
    oh no we should never assume things with MS. I needed to launch a program from a c# app with a command shell and for an unknown reason, it was replacing some characters to others. It was a basic string with ANSI chars! Maybe it was the regional settings as well. I didn't think about it at this moment...

Anyway, it's working now! I don't know if it was related to this issue but some times I don't see low or high temp (visible on my previous screen caps).

Also a question: why did you use buttons for day titles?

Rich

doug

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2010
    Calgary
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi, Rich.
    I'm glad it's working for you now.

Anyway, it's working now! I don't know if it was related to this issue but some times I don't see low or high temp (visible on my previous screen caps).
    This will occur during the evening/night and it is a function of how Environment Canada uses and provides the data. The low temperature displayed for "tonight" is the low for the next day too. This is also how Environment Canada displays the data on their website. I'm not sure if the default weather plugin did this too or not.

Also a question: why did you use buttons for day titles?

Rich
    I used buttons because that is how myweather.xml in the default plugin did it. I reused some of the same code and much of the xml to keep the same look. Is it causing a problem with StreamedMP?

Doug

Godevin

Portal Member
    October 29, 2011
    Québec
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Doug,
    no it's fine. I though it was to eventually display day by day info. Also, I was wondering how far I can change the looking to reduce my effort in keeping it working with that skin. If you don't plan other ui changes, it should be good.

Rich

Shurik

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2006
    Alberta
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Doug,
    no it's fine. I though it was to eventually display day by day info. Also, I was wondering how far I can change the looking to reduce my effort in keeping it working with that skin. If you don't plan other ui changes, it should be good.

Rich

Godevin,

Would you mind sharing the skin XML file for StreamedMP? :) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom