A Canadian Weather Plugin using Environment Canada content (2 Viewers)

Godevin

Portal Member
October 29, 2011
Québec
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi,
yes sure! I was planning to share it anyway. ;) But, I didn't have time to complete it yet. When I'm done, I'll let you know.

Rich

doug

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2010
    Calgary
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Doug,
    no it's fine. I though it was to eventually display day by day info. Also, I was wondering how far I can change the looking to reduce my effort in keeping it working with that skin. If you don't plan other ui changes, it should be good.

Rich

Hi, Rich.

I am going to look at using visibility tags in the XML to control the display of the detailed text forecast instead of controlling this from the plugin. This was suggested by Steve a few posts back. I think it would help with making the text forecasts available to a skin without a button press, if desired. That is the only UI change I was looking at.

Doug

Godevin

Portal Member
    October 29, 2011
    Québec
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Doug,
    no it's fine. I though it was to eventually display day by day info. Also, I was wondering how far I can change the looking to reduce my effort in keeping it working with that skin. If you don't plan other ui changes, it should be good.

Rich

Hi, Rich.

I am going to look at using visibility tags in the XML to control the display of the detailed text forecast instead of controlling this from the plugin. This was suggested by Steve a few posts back. I think it would help with making the text forecasts available to a skin without a button press, if desired. That is the only UI change I was looking at.

Doug
    Hi,
    ok then it's only 15 controls (including the button). If you're done before I send you my skin implementation, just send me xml code and I'll include it.

Cheers,
    Rich

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Doug,

Thanks, everything is working fine.
    I see you will add some visibility's that would be nice.

I wonder if you have codes like this so I can add weather to my home page?
    <label>#WorldWeather.ForecastDay3Day</label>
    <label>#WorldWeather.ForecastDay3High</label>

Steve

johnnyb

Portal Member
    April 10, 2007
    :confused:

Hi,

I am very new to Mediaportal. I came across this pluggin and installed it, and configured the cities I want climate information for.
    It's not working.
    When I select Weather from the menu, no data is visible.

I have tried the DefaultWide and aMPD skins.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Running latest MP v 1.2.0

Shurik

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2006
    Alberta
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Hi,

I am very new to Mediaportal. I came across this pluggin and installed it, and configured the cities I want climate information for.
    It's not working.

Thanks

Looks like you are selecting built-in Weather screen, which doesn't work anymore due to some API issues. If you configure Canadian Weather plugin to show in the main menu, then you will see it there, otherwise you will find it under Plugins menu item.

doug

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2010
    Calgary
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Doug,

Thanks, everything is working fine.
    I see you will add some visibility's that would be nice.

I wonder if you have codes like this so I can add weather to my home page?
    <label>#WorldWeather.ForecastDay3Day</label>
    <label>#WorldWeather.ForecastDay3High</label>

Steve

Hi, Steve.
    Sorry for the slow response. I've been busy lately and Christmas approaching is just going to make it worse.

I don't have coding as you indicate and don't have any experience with it. I'll add it to the list of this to look at. Next up though is support for the French language.

Doug

Hi,

It's not working.

Thanks

Hi, Johnny.

Here's a detailed description of how to configure the plugin.

• To configure the Canadian Weather plugin, start MediaPortal Configuration and go to the Plugins section located near the bottom of the list
    • After you select Plugins, you should see the red maple leaf icon for the Canadian Weather Plugin (scroll through the list if you can't see it right away. If you don't see the maple leaf, the plugin probably isn't installed.)
    • Right click the maple leaf and make sure it is Enabled (a check mark next to Enabled)
    • Also note whether "Listed in Home" or "Listed in My Plugins" is selected as that is where you'll find the Canadian Weather plugin when you launch MediaPortal
    • Click the "Config" button to configure the plugin (add cities, customize the plugin name, and add URLs to satellite images.)
    • Click OK to close the Canadian Weather plugin configuration
    • Click OK again to close MediaPortal Configuration
    • Launch MediaPortal
    • Enjoy the winter forecasts! :(

FYI, the plugin doesn't have AMPed support yet.

Let me know if you're still having trouble.

Doug

johnnyb

Portal Member
    April 10, 2007
    Hi,

Reporting back.

Thanks for your assistance, it works.

Please explain why if you can, why is this plugin available in the home screen view where the selections are listed vertically with the picture icon to the left, but in the other view where the 5 main icons are shown horizontally, it shows the standard weather module. When I pull the menu on the left, the Canadian Weather plugin is not shown either.

I prefer the horizontal view, so how do I replace the default weather module with the Canadian Weather plugin?

Is there a way to change the modules in the home screen?

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi,

Reporting back.

Thanks for your assistance, it works.

Please explain why if you can, why is this plugin available in the home screen view where the selections are listed vertically with the picture icon to the left, but in the other view where the 5 main icons are shown horizontally, it shows the standard weather module. When I pull the menu on the left, the Canadian Weather plugin is not shown either.

I prefer the horizontal view, so how do I replace the default weather module with the Canadian Weather plugin?

Is there a way to change the modules in the home screen?

I'm not sure I understand your question and I am guessing that you use the DefaultWide skin.
    The only thing that is fairly easy to do is to change the far right weather button/image on your basichome screen so when you press it, it will open Canadian Weather instead of the default one if this is what your looking for?
    You would have to open BasicHome.xml with a text editor and find <hyperlink>7977</hyperlink> and replace it with <hyperlink>35353</hyperlink>.
    The first ID is for the WorldWeather plugin and the second is for the CanadianWeather plugin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom