A new Plugin for the Music-Part! Is it possible? (2 Viewers)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I wish I knew anything about coding. Then I would be on this right now. But alas, I don't.

Emph

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    as a startinbg point you could work on a skin.
    i know programming but can't do any skinning.

what Björn wrote in the other thread, showing artist Info, while scrolling through a list, is possible. all the data is in the database.
    it is just a matter of provising the space on the skin and show the data.

mpsam

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2009
    Just a thought. Could we encourage the author of My Music Videos to support browsing audio as well as the music videos. After all, The plugin already has pictures of the artists and their biography. Why have two databases with the same info. I do not know how difficult that would be to implement, but I realized recently that I can see audio and music video playlists either from mymusic or the my music video plugin. Depending on the playlist when I hit play I either get videos or just audio now playing screen. Is what I am thinking possible?

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Just a thought. Could we encourage the author of My Music Videos to support browsing audio as well as the music videos. After all, The plugin already has pictures of the artists and their biography. Why have two databases with the same info. I do not know how difficult that would be to implement, but I realized recently that I can see audio and music video playlists either from mymusic or the my music video plugin. Depending on the playlist when I hit play I either get videos or just audio now playing screen. Is what I am thinking possible?

Please ask him! :D
    Emph

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    We need improved functionality!

I have fixed most of my music tags now, mostly to prove my point, but still (I even deleted the whole database and rescanned) I get messed up tags withing MediaPortal. These specific tags does look great in iTunes for example, so I can't figure out why it is I (in MediaPortal) in "Artists" view select an artist, and the album view appear, (view list) giving me the artist name for some titles, yes some other show the track number instead, even though I've double-checked that the tag is correct for the "Artist" tag field.

Or is it a bug in MediaPortal's built-in music plugin?
    Emph

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    We need improved functionality!

I have fixed most of my music tags now, mostly to prove my point, but still (I even deleted the whole database and rescanned) I get messed up tags withing MediaPortal. These specific tags does look great in iTunes for example, so I can't figure out why it is I (in MediaPortal) in "Artists" view select an artist, and the album view appear, (view list) giving me the artist name for some titles, yes some other show the track number instead, even though I've double-checked that the tag is correct for the "Artist" tag field.

Or is it a bug in MediaPortal's built-in music plugin?
    Emph

Please provide a full bug report (and the sample song as well, but in some non-public place of course).

Also make sure that you use some other tagging tool as well than iTunes as it is known to have it's own way of handling few things.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

the my music videos plugin actually uses the artist images from my music/audioscrobber plugin which is already incorporated into mediaportal the my music plugin already supports now playing fan art and all the views you desire.

i also have no problems with the mediaportal reading the ID3 tags

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    As tourettes stated above, please provide 2-3 sample songs in a free file hoster and PM me the link.
    Please describe what the problem is and i'll look into it.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Also make sure that you use some other tagging tool as well than iTunes as it is known to have it's own way of handling few things.

I'll try this first. I was under the impressiong though, that iTunes tags should be compatible with MediaPortal. To me, this clearly shows that ID3 tags aren't 100% reliable. But I'm clearly wrong. :rolleyes:

This is sad though, as iTunes (even though it's at times painfully slow), is very user friendly, AND totally free.
    Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom