A new Plugin for the Music-Part! Is it possible? (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    At the moment I'm working in code for the plugin. Anyone with me?

You should reveal this to cul8er (author of the XFactor skin) as he's currently doing some coding himself (his plugin is aimed at displaying info first and foremost). If you need ideas, let me know as I'm not a coder, but will gladly discuss plugin functionality and database structures etc.

Also, are you starting from scratch or basing your plugin on some similar functioning plugin, such as MP TV-Series or Moving Pictures?

:D
    Emph

tringler

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2009
    Fürth
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm coding from scratch, definitely. Do you have some ideas for design?

I'm going to implement:

- global search box with input for Keybaord and SMS-style (for remote controls)
    - playing playlists from place you can set up in MP configuration
    - a grabber to get infos and covers for every folder

I guess it's the best to blow in all the stuff in a mysql db? why every developer uses SQLite?

More ideas?

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Kudos if you have the skills/time to code this plugin, definitely a big (but worthy) task...

Imo you should open a new thread for this and collect as many ideas on features/design/implementation as possible before you start coding.

Good luck ;)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm coding from scratch, definitely. Do you have some ideas for design?

I'm going to implement:

- global search box with input for Keybaord and SMS-style (for remote controls)
    - playing playlists from place you can set up in MP configuration
    - a grabber to get infos and covers for every folder

I guess it's the best to blow in all the stuff in a mysql db? why every developer uses SQLite?

More ideas?

If I were to code it I would totally base my design off of MP TV-Series like this:

Series -> Artist
    Season - Album
    Episode - Track
    Network - Record Label
    Etc.

Series and music is very similar in categorizing, so I think this would be a very nice way to go about it. Information could be collected from Last.fm and discogs.com for example. I think both have API's that could be used. If you check back a few pages in this thread, there's some mockup examples I did for how the plugin could look.

Emph

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    collect as many ideas on features/design/implementation as possible
    how about an extra-part/sub menu for audiobooks? of course with resume function

I think resume function can be kinda hard to implement (as the built in player only does it for video content). Perhaps you should create .cue files for you audiobooks so you can at least jump from chapter to chapter with little effort.

Emph

usualsuspect

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    oh, that's too bad. I thought it could be easier, because of your comparison to mp-tv-series. But if that's only possible for videos... :(

maybe using itunes in mp could be one way to handle audiobooks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom