A new Plugin for the Music-Part! Is it possible? (1 Viewer)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    it's easy to resume with the Bass audio player, you just need to keep track, where you have been, when playback stopped.

macardi

Portal Member
    January 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Would it be possible to get rid of the back icon (the arrow in filmlstrip and thumview, and the two dots in listviews) in all views with a plugin like this. They are just a distraction with no real use in my opinion and I would love to see them gone. The TV-series plugin dont have them so i guess its possible.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Would it be possible to get rid of the back icon (the arrow in filmlstrip and thumview, and the two dots in listviews) in all views with a plugin like this. They are just a distraction with no real use in my opinion and I would love to see them gone. The TV-series plugin dont have them so i guess its possible.

For MP1 it wont happen, I did have a look on the code base after 1.0 was release as I'm annoyed also by the "back arrow", it is much too tightly integrated in multiple places.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

This might be possible in this plugin, yes.
    Emph

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I know you want to implement some sort of searching. Is it possible to make it work like MovingPicture search like sms keyboard? This would make the search a lot easier instead of manually typing each letter.
    (sorry if the was mentioned before didn't bother to read the whole thread)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I know you want to implement some sort of searching. Is it possible to make it work like MovingPicture search like sms keyboard? This would make the search a lot easier instead of manually typing each letter.
    (sorry if the was mentioned before didn't bother to read the whole thread)

I'm coding from scratch, definitely. Do you have some ideas for design?

I'm going to implement:

- global search box with input for Keybaord and SMS-style (for remote controls)
    - playing playlists from place you can set up in MP configuration
    - a grabber to get infos and covers for every folder

I guess it's the best to blow in all the stuff in a mysql db? why every developer uses SQLite?

More ideas?

:D

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ideas: (In order of importance to me)

1. Store MP rating within mp3 file

If you synch your music collection with another media player then that media player can share MP's ratings. If you move/copy/rename your music files, or if you reinstall mediaportal you won't loose all your MP ratings. AFAIK - There are currently two methods for writing rating into the ID3tag (WMP and itunes use different system), mediaportal should write to both. The watch music share directory should monitor the rating within the ID3tag, if the rating changes. ie previously WMP=3,iTunes=3 becomes WMP=3,iTunes=5 then MP should update rating to 5 in both tags, because obviously 5 is the new rating implemented by another media player (eg your ipod)

2. Better tag support for skin:

When browsing by database view, then need the following tags
    #selected.artist , #selected.albumartist, #selected.album, #selected.thumb
    This will allow full fan art support, currently you can't show the currently selected album artist fanart when you read the album sub level

3. Music Video integration:

Link an mp3 file with matching music video file. Option in MP Config to automatically play music video instead of mp3 file when track with matching video comes up in the playlist and you are currently viewing nowplaying window. When music video has played it goes back to next track in the playlist.

4. Mediaportal should support usb mp3 player.

Option to copy playlist to usb device. Option to copy all tracks >X star ratings to usb device. This would have to be basic support for basic usb mp3 player devices.

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Ideas:

1. Music Video integration:

Link an mp3 file with matching music video file. Option in MP Config to automatically play music video instead of mp3 file when track with matching video comes up in the playlist and you are currently viewing nowplaying window. When music video has played it goes back to next track in the playlist.

200% ok with this suggestion!!

I never understood why MP doesn't work this way!
    Music video, single music MP3, and lyrics must be mixed, so that in the music part, when you select a song to listen, it is played the way it exists (video, MP3 or MP3 with lyrics)
    It is hard to manage 3 plugs in to listen a song, the music section must handle everything the simplest possible way! I don't understand why the plugs in "music video" and "my lyrics" exist: they must be part of "my music" in a totally transparency way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom