About the X-Factor Skin (R479) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    hi cul8er ! some bug in Icon View and Big Icon View ,this screenshots from onlinevideos plugin wich is the worse ...

other plugins also have problem in this 2 view but ,thir just the gold frame is look little up of the posters..

i did not test it yet on my fullhd 42" lcd, only on my desk top ..
    win xp sp3 ,mp 1.0.2 ,
    Thank's

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    * The zoom effect on the backgrounds on the Basic Home actually gives me nausea. :(

Emph

I agree with emphatic with that, it is a cool effect but at the same time could be a little bit dizzy. Now I give yoy some feedback from my side:

- I like much more televison part now, but in home menu I will resize the window of live TV. It is too small and there are a lot of space.
    - In my videos you have change the small icon view and I prefer like it was before. Normally when I´m going to choose a film I do it looking to
    covers and know are too small and there are to many.
    - Also in My Videos if I got a film inside a folder and in this folder a picture named folder.jpg, whe I press info the osd doesn,t show the picture. Neither if I got
    a picture named exactly like the film. (This happens even in older versions of your skin, I don´t know why)

I understand that is very dificult to get everybody happy and the are many different opinions, but that is what I think.

A part of this your skin is the best for me and is the one I´m going to use always. Thanks again.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Thank you for all feedback. I have decided to make a new release of the skin configuration plugin within a couple of days to add even more options for you to choose between (to make the skin as you like it). This will only be an upgrade to the plugin and not a new release.

The options I consider to add are;
    * Animation (Simple without zoom, Advance with zoom) - for basichome menu
    * Video Window + Music/VideoThumb size in Now Playing in basichome( standard, big)

Best Regards
    cul8er

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi,

Thank you for all feedback. I have decided to make a new release of the skin configuration plugin within a couple of days to add even more options for you to choose between (to make the skin as you like it). This will only be an upgrade to the plugin and not a new release.

* Video Window + Music/VideoThumb size in Now Playing in basichome( standard, big)

Best Regards
    cul8er

Thank you cul8er, this will do your skin even better.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Best Regards
    cul8er

Sometimes you should be allowed to press the "Thanks" button more than once. :D
    Emph

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    hi cul8er,
    yes, you're right. i know the facts with the graphic card and the resolution. but in my eyes the bigger the tvs are the better the resolution (dpi) should be with the same resolution. so i just want to know how it scales on a 46". i've tested it on my 40" lcd and i think about a new 46" led tv, so before i buy it i want to check if my absolute favourite skin will looks great on it. :)

I do have a LCD 46'' (Samsung LE46A859) which runs in 1920 x 1080 at 50 MHz. The backgrounds do look good and I'm quite happy with the scaling. However I must note that I see some issues but cannot say if it is a error in 1.1 beta or with X-factor.

The main problem occur when I go into MyTV (screen 1). Here the screen is rendered wrongly by MP and basically looks a mess. After a bit of playing around, looking at the tv guide and switching channels I do return to the main tv screen (screen 2) and now everything looks great.

Sometimes when I return to the home screen the text controls seem to be placed out of order and rendered with wrong offset values as well (screen 3). This does not happen when I enter the home screen at start up but apparently randomly after entering/exiting various plugins.

Also the timeline OSD is a bit when watching video (screen 4).

Finally, I scroll text controls seem to be broken after they have been shown once. In screen 5; the episode description is displayed correctly, but after starting the episode and stopping, it seems like the text isn't wrapped any longer but is cut off and only one line of text is displayed (screen 6). This happens both in the Tv-series and Moving Pictures plugins. This issue also occur when I'm using the Black Glass skin, so it is most likely related to these plugins or MP 1.1 beta that I'm using and is not a skin issue..?

Any thoughts upon these problems is related to MP 1.1 beta or there are some issues with using this skin on 1920x1080 resolution?

thanks for a great skin!

Attachments

• 16-49-58.png
      16-49-58.png
      503.3 KB
    • 16-50-52.png
      16-50-52.png
      549.5 KB
    • 16-51-48.jpg
      16-51-48.jpg
      201.9 KB
    • 17-39-34.jpg
      17-39-34.jpg
      121.2 KB
    • 18-10-00.jpg
      18-10-00.jpg
      225.5 KB
    • 18-07-40.jpg
      18-07-40.jpg
      178.2 KB

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi mackey,

Thank you for your feedback. I will look into this but are unable to reproduce any of these things on my MP1.0.2 installation. I will try MP1.1 Beta and see what I can find. Are you using some kind of screen adjustment in MP (not sure what it is called when you adjust the screen in MP to fit correctly on the TV screen).

Best Regards
    cul8er

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi mackey,

Thank you for your feedback. I will look into this but are unable to reproduce any of these things on my MP1.0.2 installation. I will try MP1.1 Beta and see what I can find. Are you using some kind of screen adjustment in MP (not sure what it is called when you adjust the screen in MP to fit correctly on the TV screen).

Best Regards
    cul8er

I have set the overscan in ATI Catalyst to 0% and changed the picure size option of my tv to "Just scan" to get a 1-1 pixel resolution. However I have tried changing these back to the default settings and the issues still occur. Also this settings are not direct related to MP. I have not changed any adjusting settings within MP configuration.

best regards
    mackey

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom