About the X-Factor Skin (R479) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello

I have test this reportet issues on my HTPC with vista and MP 1.1.0 beta 1 with SVN 17.09.2009 und i have not this problems,i have test this with 5 series and i can not reproduce this issues on screen 5-6.

The issues on the screen 1-4 are determined by MediPortal not from the wrong settings on ATI Driver or TV Settings and i can reproduce this,sorry.

I have set the overscan in ATI Catalyst to 0% and changed the picure size option of my tv to "Just scan" to get a 1-1 pixel resolution.

I have the same settings on my Samsung LCD LE46A789R.And i think this is not the problem.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    hi cul8er,
    yes, you're right. i know the facts with the graphic card and the resolution. but in my eyes the bigger the tvs are the better the resolution (dpi) should be with the same resolution. so i just want to know how it scales on a 46". i've tested it on my 40" lcd and i think about a new 46" led tv, so before i buy it i want to check if my absolute favourite skin will looks great on it. :)

I do have a LCD 46'' (Samsung LE46A859) which runs in 1920 x 1080 at 50 MHz. The backgrounds do look good and I'm quite happy with the scaling. However I must note that I see some issues but cannot say if it is a error in 1.1 beta or with X-factor.

The main problem occur when I go into MyTV (screen 1). Here the screen is rendered wrongly by MP and basically looks a mess. After a bit of playing around, looking at the tv guide and switching channels I do return to the main tv screen (screen 2) and now everything looks great.

Sometimes when I return to the home screen the text controls seem to be placed out of order and rendered with wrong offset values as well (screen 3). This does not happen when I enter the home screen at start up but apparently randomly after entering/exiting various plugins.

Also the timeline OSD is a bit when watching video (screen 4).

Finally, I scroll text controls seem to be broken after they have been shown once. In screen 5; the episode description is displayed correctly, but after starting the episode and stopping, it seems like the text isn't wrapped any longer but is cut off and only one line of text is displayed (screen 6). This happens both in the Tv-series and Moving Pictures plugins. This issue also occur when I'm using the Black Glass skin, so it is most likely related to these plugins or MP 1.1 beta that I'm using and is not a skin issue..?

Any thoughts upon these problems is related to MP 1.1 beta or there are some issues with using this skin on 1920x1080 resolution?

thanks for a great skin!

cul8er asked me to also try and reproduce this.
    I am using 1.1.0beta1 on 720 screen resolution.

Issue 1 - did not test. I am using ForTheRecord as TV plugin. No problems there.

Issue 2 - Unable to reproduce. Only problem I detect with horizontal menu is when 3 subitems exist, and moving to 3rd, 1st & 2nd does not show. Going into plugins and returning to basichome shows as expected.

Issue 3 - Unable to reproduce.

Issue 4 - Tested in TVSeries with an episode containing long text that scrolls. Unable to reproduce problem.

Sorry guys :(

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Thank you for testing these issues. I will continue to see if I can find anything. This is getting stranger and stranger.

cheers
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi mackey,

I think I have found one thing that might cause issue 1. I cannot reproduce it but logically I think there is a potential problem. I will fix and post a new xml file for tv home (tomorrow) so that you can test.

Best Regards
    cul8er

smallyoda

Portal Member
    July 16, 2005
    French Guiana
    X-factor an myfilm

HI

Firstly a big thank you for this beautiful skin

Thanks CUL8ER

With the plugin MYFILMS movie titles do not appear in list view and are replaced by "# TITLE"

Thanks

Attachments

• Bellevue001.jpg
      Bellevue001.jpg
      112.3 KB

smallyoda

Portal Member
    July 16, 2005
    French Guiana
    HI

Firstly a big thank you for this beautiful skin

Thanks CUL8ER

With the plugin MYFILMS movie titles do not appear in list view and are replaced by "# TITLE"

Thanks

I answer to myself not to waste your time

I replace this

<control>
    <description>Title</description>
    <type>label</type>
    <id>0</id>
    <posX>423</posX>
    <posY>56</posY>
    <width>350</width>
    <textcolor>ffFFFFFF</textcolor>
    <font>xfactorTC14</font>
    <label>#titre</label>
    <visible>facadeview.list+Control.IsVisible(1026)</visible>
    </control>

for this

<control>
    <description>Title</description>
    <type>label</type>
    <id>0</id>
    <posX>423</posX>
    <posY>56</posY>
    <width>350</width>
    <textcolor>ffFFFFFF</textcolor>
    <font>xfactorTC14</font>
    <label>#selecteditem</label>
    <visible>facadeview.list+Control.IsVisible(1026)</visible>
    </control>

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thanks to all of you for testing.

I did some testing for myself and found to my surprise that that issues 2-4 only occur AFTER I have started a mpeg2 video file or have viewed TV. If not the problems 2-4 do not occur. Also, I can fix the problems by selecting "Enhanced Video Renderer (EVR)" instead of "Video Mixing Renderer 9 (VMR9)" in the [DirectShow Filter Control] -> [Video Renderer Settings] configuration screen. My default setting is VMR9 since I cannot seem to get a smooth picture with EVR selected, so that is currently not a working solution for me.

So, the issues 2-4 is related to MP and not the skin, while i can still reproduce issue 1 and I would happily test a new skin xml-file when it is ready.

But.. can anybody else reproduce the issues with VMR9 selected? It may be related to my specific system and could have been fixed in Windows9. I'll hope to see some responses to clarify this. Tomorrow I'll post a bug report in the proper place. Btw, I'm running Vista with MP 1.1 beta and the SVN from 17-09-09.

best regards
    mackey

EDIT: Ah, the issues are a known phenomenal https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...r9-video-playback-screws-up-some-texts-70830/ :)

Ticiano

Portal Pro
    August 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Hi cul8er! Thanks for this new version. Xfactor is becoming better and better.

I don't know if the skin is intended to work with MP in "non-english" languages, but I use my system in portuguese and I saw words getting out of it's places. Look at this one that happens when the player ask if we want to resume or restart a movie:

2109091932.jpg

I just have this one by now. If you want, I can keep looking for this and showing here.

:D

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    When the option to turn of that zoom animation in the fan art is up, will this affect the TV-Series as well? Because it feels like one of those love/hate things, so it'd be nice to be able to turn it on/off "globally" for all scenarios.

Emph

Ticiano

Portal Pro
    August 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Emph really really hated that zoom... :D

cul8er, what about this option to improve basichome performance removing multiimage that we discussed in this thread? It was the first thing I tryed to find, but I just don't see this option...

Thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom