About the X-Factor Skin (R479) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris882

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
hi cul8er,
yes, you're right. i know the facts with the graphic card and the resolution. but in my eyes the bigger the tvs are the better the resolution (dpi) should be with the same resolution. so i just want to know how it scales on a 46". i've tested it on my 40" lcd and i think about a new 46" led tv, so before i buy it i want to check if my absolute favourite skin will looks great on it. :)

I do have a LCD 46'' (Samsung LE46A859) which runs in 1920 x 1080 at 50 MHz. The backgrounds do look good and I'm quite happy with the scaling. However I must note that I see some issues but cannot say if it is a error in 1.1 beta or with X-factor.

hey mackey, thanks for your answer. i'm really looking forward to buy the ue40 or ue46-b7090 so your feedback will help me to decide. thanks.....

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey cul8er
I really want to try out the new skin, but I love the moving pictures thumbs view how it is in the 270 rev. (I'm not exactly sure on the rev number, it is the one before this, 340). Is there any way I can keep the old layout, or not have rounded edges on the moving pictures thumb?

ivanskj

Portal Member
June 2, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
i love this skin! the zoom too, nice effect. But it sometimes lags a bit after when switching between backdrops fast.
where can i donate? i encourage everybody to donate if possible! The skin is extremely nice too look at :) Thanks for all the hard work you have put into this :)

:D:D:D:D

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
May 17, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey cul8er
I really want to try out the new skin, but I love the moving pictures thumbs view how it is in the 270 rev. (I'm not exactly sure on the rev number, it is the one before this, 340). Is there any way I can keep the old layout, or not have rounded edges on the moving pictures thumb?

Maybe too much work, but with all the options you're providing, perhaps an option to disable 'rounded edges' globally (ie, music, movies, tv series....)? I've never understood this obsession (across lots of skins) with 'rounding' the edges of case art - I don't like it :D

Nato

Portal Pro
April 18, 2006
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Skin Updates = WOW LOOKING ALOT BETTER well done cul8ter I like being able to personalize it a little, about the zooming backgrounds I love it !, it takes away the static look to themes and adds some smooth motion , another idea for people that dont like it (maybe) would be to have it not zoom while switching from say tv to music etc (on home screen) but have the background zoom / fade between pictures of the same nature after some time on the same selection.

I.e user is on home screen, Tv
user changes selection to music (no zoom but image change)
user stays on music & background changes every xx seconds from images in a Music folder and has nice fade / zoom effect (like a screen saver)

Just my 2 cents for others who dont like the effect every selection change.

Once again Thanks for the Great work.

ghanz

Portal Pro
September 18, 2007
Ouderkerk
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
cul8er,

once again you have outdone yourself. this skin is really lifting MP to a level where no other Mediacenter software is able to touch it. I did a clean install and if xfactor is not installed its just a different experience. Awsome Dude!

Now I am a Beta user, but the changes in code did not work for me, can you confirm you have to edit all basichome xml files, or just the one you are using (verticalrss.xml). Ofcourse I did erase the cache files after editing.

Basically what i'm trying to ask.: Can you make a version suitable for Beta users or provide a little more idiot-proof instructions?

thanx again this is super!

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi ghanz

The bug has been fixed and the next public SVN release should contain the fix.

While you wait for that, you can do the following:
    1. Create your menu items and Generate menu in MP Configuration; Plugins; XFactor
    2. Open MediaPortal and select your preferred menu in Plugins; XFactorMenuSelector
    3. Close MediaPortal
    4. Go to skins directory (Start Menu; Programs; Team-MediaPortal; MediaPortal; User Files
    5. Inside the skin\xfactor directory edit basichome.xml
    6. There are a few (15?) background controls (multiimage)
    7. Replace the existing <animation>...</animation> tags (4 or 5 of them) inside EACH of the background controls to the single one below:
    <animation effect="fade" time="400" reversible="false">VisibleChange</animation>
    8. Save basichome and start MediaPortal.

Remember to do this after you are satisfied with your menu.

ghanz

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2007
    Ouderkerk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    aha rgr,

From the instruction on google code I thought to leave the first line <animation>...<animation> intact,since it was slightly different than shown (<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="700" delay="80" reversible="false">), so I only replaced the last 4 lines with the above line of code (in the basichomeverticalRSS.xml file). It came down to only 2 background/multiimage controls.

That and I did this in the basichomeverticalRSS.xml file. As I understand now I should be doing this in the basichome.xm file. Does this mean that basichome.xml is still used by the skin and I also have to alter the basichomeverticalRSS.xml file?

Second I understand that the next SVN of mediaportal will have solved this problem and than I can use the original code of the skin, or were you referring to a SVN build of the skin?

Thanx rekenaar for the reply I will continue this quest ( my first experience with xml programming) and will report evrything here to help you guys develop this product, which is again super!

:D

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi ghanz,

I will release a new version of this skin within a couple of days that makes it possible to configure this (animations). So if you wait you do not need to go into the xml files;)

best regards
    cul8er

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom