About the X-Factor Skin (R479) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

etagure

Portal Pro
December 14, 2007
First of all, I must say BIG Thanx to Cul8er for great skin...

- I like much more televison part now, but in home menu I will resize the window of live TV. It is too small and there are a lot of space.
I agree, the window of a live TV could be bigger
35057485.jpg

- In my videos you have change the small icon view and I prefer like it was before. Normally when I´m going to choose a film I do it looking to covers and know are too small and there are to many.
+1
- Also in My Videos if I got a film inside a folder and in this folder a picture named folder.jpg, whe I press info the osd doesn,t show the picture. Neither if I got a picture named exactly like the film. (This happens even in older versions of your skin, I don´t know why)
Same thing I have (I see cul8er you repair this in next ver.-Thanxs)

Another idea for people that dont like it (maybe) would be to have it not zoom while switching from say tv to music etc (on home screen) but have the background zoom / fade between pictures of the same nature after some time on the same selection.
I.e user is on home screen, Tv
user changes selection to music (no zoom but image change)
user stays on music & background changes every xx seconds from images in a Music folder and has nice fade / zoom effect (like a screen saver)

Great Idea, i like it.
It should be something "like" this:
meediOS EvolutionChrome (Movies) on Vimeo

Now I have some question without quote
1.) In Menu layout when choose Weather forecast-show weather forecast allways, nothing happens, and on basic home there is no weather forecast (it shows only if you down key)

2.) I know you made a decision, but if you give us the opportunity to choose:
On Basic home Now playing on left side of screen like this
nowplayingleft.jpg

and on right side of Basic home, City name with Icon of weather and themp.(as you have in earlier version of x-factor),
like this

weatherright.jpg

Full Weather forecast sows when you key down..

Once again, Thanx

vl002001

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Fantastic update, thanks so much cul8er. You have single-handedly created truly the best skin available.
    I guess i'm in the minority in that I love the zoom function (though it's a bit slow) and I love the fact that basichome now remembers where you left off when you return to it. I also like the startup screen a whole lot more than the old one. Keep up the good work! :)

Here are some personal preferences (I know we all have different tastes so I understand if I'm alone in wanting these):

1. remove the entire top bar in the basichome. it's fairly unnecessary and it makes the screen look more closed off and hides a lot of the backdrop

2. in the filmstrip view, provide some movie info like streamedmp, since there is a lot of wasted space on the screen

3. i agree with the need to have an intermediate size for the icon view in my videos (although it looks cool to have no spaces between the posters)

4. if you have less than 4 items in a horizontal menu, could the items scroll anyway? so that the selected item will still be in the middle? it would be easier to see what is selected that way.

EDIT: 5. when you return to the basichome menu, any chance you could return to the main box and not the item in the horizontal menu (if that makes any sense)

Bugs I have encountered:
    1. when you use the basichome with the horizontal menu, when there are 3 items, some of them disappear when you switch between them

2. i haven't seen anyone else post this so maybe it's just me, but the backdrop switching isn't working at all like it's supposed to anymore. they don't change when i look at hover over different items.. but when you switch enough times (maybe 30) then the proper backdrops line up with the items. it's very strange.

3. with mytorrents, the first time i click into a screen (for instance "active torrents") nothing shows up but a backdrop. then if i go out and come back in, the info shows up.

4. on the basic home, if i press "up" i get the horizontal menu, if i press "down" i get nothing, and if i press "down" again I get the weather. what is being selected when you press "down" the first time?

5. the weather screen backdrops do not seem to be working. it just says "loading, please wait"

also, would it be possible to choose 1 random image from a folder as the backdrop instead of a scrolling multiimage? that way you still have some variety and it would speed up things, since basichome is starting to run pretty slowly

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Here are some answers to all your questions.

I like much more televison part now, but in home menu I will resize the window of live TV. It is too small and there are a lot of space.
    I want this screen to be as clean as possible so I will not change the size of the live TV but thanks for the suggestion.

In my videos you have change the small icon view and I prefer like it was before. Normally when I´m going to choose a film I do it looking to covers and know are too small and there are to many.
    I will see what I can do with this view. I will try to improve it but will not go completely back to the previous one. Hope you will like it anyway;)

Also in My Videos if I got a film inside a folder and in this folder a picture named folder.jpg, whe I press info the osd doesn,t show the picture. Neither if I got a picture named exactly like the film. (This happens even in older versions of your skin, I don´t know why)
    Hi, please describe step by step what you do to produce this because I have never used this feature.

In Menu layout when choose Weather forecast-show weather forecast allways, nothing happens, and on basic home there is no weather forecast (it shows only if you down key)
    This is a known bug and is fixed. Everyone that used the MPI installation are missing two files and that is why it doesn't work. everyone that used the RAR file has these files and there it works.

I know you made a decision, but if you give us the opportunity to choose:
    On Basic home Now playing on left side of screen like this
    I have no current plans to include this but perhaps in the future. Thanks for the suggestion.

remove the entire top bar in the basichome. it's fairly unnecessary and it makes the screen look more closed off and hides a lot of the backdrop
    I cannot do this as it is where the current played things are displayed and having the topbar everywher in the skin makes it have one look but thanks for the suggestion.

in the filmstrip view, provide some movie info like streamedmp, since there is a lot of wasted space on the screen
    My intesion with the filmstrip view is to display as much fanart as possible so I will not add anymore info to it. Perhaps I can make a second layout that people can choose in the skin configuration just like for the listview.

if you have less than 4 items in a horizontal menu, could the items scroll anyway? so that the selected item will still be in the middle? it would be easier to see what is selected that way.
    I have not been able to do this so unfortunattely I have to leav it as it is.

when you return to the basichome menu, any chance you could return to the main box and not the item in the horizontal menu (if that makes any sense)
    There are no support in MP for this, sorry.

when you use the basichome with the horizontal menu, when there are 3 items, some of them disappear when you switch between them
    This is a bug that is fixed and will be included in next version, thank you for your feedback,

i haven't seen anyone else post this so maybe it's just me, but the backdrop switching isn't working at all like it's supposed to anymore. they don't change when i look at hover over different items.. but when you switch enough times (maybe 30) then the proper backdrops line up with the items. it's very strange.
    If you use MP1.1 Beta you have to follow the instructions and change the animation tags (see the installation instructions in the first post of the About thread) or wait for the next version where I have options for choosing animation styles (with zoom, no zoom and for Beta users).

with mytorrents, the first time i click into a screen (for instance "active torrents") nothing shows up but a backdrop. then if i go out and come back in, the info shows up.
    I will look into this. Thank you,

on the basic home, if i press "up" i get the horizontal menu, if i press "down" i get nothing, and if i press "down" again I get the weather. what is being selected when you press "down" the first time?
    Pressing down once gets you to the RSS image if you have one and pressing ok will display the InfoService plugin.

the weather screen backdrops do not seem to be working. it just says "loading, please wait"
    Have you configured the weather part in the infoservice plugin?

Best Regards
    cul8er

Flippinga

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2009
    Pijnacker
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    4. if you have less than 4 items in a horizontal menu, could the items scroll anyway? so that the selected item will still be in the middle? it would be easier to see what is selected that way.

Hi,

Maybe add blank items in configurator?
    You can enter a space for name

Or,
    if you have 3 items, make it six (input the items two times)

Flip

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

This is a solution that should work with current version (thank you Flippinga). I haven't tested it but it should work;)

If you only have tree items in a submenu and you want scrollong then add one of them twice so you have four items. The same goes if you have two items, then add both twice in the Menu Editor.

But remember;
    You have to have unique names in a submenu so you cannot add for example TV twice. You the have to add them as TV and TV with a space after... or something that makes the entries unique.

best regards
    cul8er

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi,

Quote:
    Also in My Videos if I got a film inside a folder and in this folder a picture named folder.jpg, whe I press info the osd doesn,t show the picture. Neither if I got a picture named exactly like the film. (This happens even in older versions of your skin, I don´t know why)

Hi, please describe step by step what you do to produce this because I have never used this feature.
    Best Regards
    cul8er

Hi cul8er,
    look at this image

video_osd1.jpg

I mean that in myvideos when you press info button, you get that nice osd with information about film, but the space for coverart in the left of osd always is empty.
    This space for covert art shoul show a picture if we have one named in the same folder as the film but with extension .jpg or if we have the film in a separated folder with a picture inside the folder named folder.jpg.

Hope you undestand me, for you information in mymovingpictures the osd shows the coverart of the film correctly, but in that case the pluging have download automatically the picture that is saved in thumbs folder.

vl002001

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    :DI very much appreciate your lengthy reply, cul8er.. keep up the great work!

btw, the same thing with mytorrents (have to go into a screen twice before anything shows up) happens w/ streamedmp, so it's probably something with me.

:D

Hi,

Maybe add blank items in configurator?
    You can enter a space for name

Or,
    if you have 3 items, make it six (input the items two times)

Flip

completely genius. i did this and it worked great. just mirrored my 3, and now they rotate great.:D

Tshoco

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am currently using R247 and I want to update to R340.
    Is there any way to backup my Menu (BasicHome)? So I dont have to set up everything again after installing the new version!

ghanz

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2007
    Ouderkerk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanx cul8er,

I will wait for the update, however the subject has cought my interest, so I will give it a try in the mean time:D

I will generate a new basic home xml file, and try to alter it.

Lets see what happens!

:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom