About the X-Factor Skin (R479) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackmaniac

Portal Pro
April 17, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
i got an idea to design the banner-views.

that is the normal view

I think it would be nice if the select one in this view would be shown without transparency an the others should be a bit transparent
like this:

what do you think?

this could be great on this screen too:
tvseries_series_widebanners.jpg

Nato

Portal Pro
April 18, 2006
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
i got an idea to design the banner-views.

that is the normal view

I think it would be nice if the select one in this view would be shown without transparency an the others should be a bit transparent
like this:

what do you think?

this could be great on this screen too:

I agree especially on the fanart screen as this is the one I use and it always seems hard to see which one is selected

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Time for a new version of the x-factor skin

Hi everyone,

It is time for a new version of the x-factor skin. Targeted release date is end of this week. Alot have happened since last version. Well over 50 reported issues and enhancements that you the end users have reported are resolved.

Some news in the next version;
    • a complete new plugin (no configuration needed) that feeds music fanart images from your fanart & thumb directory to the x-factor skin allowing for the use of fanart in a very flexible way. Playing a song in now playing, playlist or last fm will automatically show corresponding fanart (see screenshots in thread below for example). In basichome music fanart is available as soon as you play a song and have the music menu selected.
    • Menu Editor is rewritten, has a few more options and now supports file browser dialog so that you can browse for files in your filesystem if you do not want to just type the filenames/directory names.
    • a 4th basichome menu design is available
    • many parts redesigned (now playing, playliost, last fm for example)
    • three animation schemas are available via the skin configuration (no zoom, zoom and beta1)
    • zoom effect is redone completelly to give a more calm and smoth effect
    • tvchannel group button in tvguide
    • most thumbnail view redesigned
    • new default poster image included
    • alot menu images included for you to choose between in the menu editor
    • TVSeries listview redesigned
    • TVSeries listview now has two different designs (default and fanart) available for selection in the skin configuration
    • now playing overlay in basichome tuned a little

Screenhots in this thread (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/x-factor-316/screenshots-60289/) is now updated to reflect what you can aspect from the new version.

For a complete list of issues resolved look at this link (Issues - x-factor - Project Hosting on Google Code). All issues from 56 are things that have been fixed since last release.

A BIG thanks to everyone that have reported issues or suggested improvements and to the x-factor test team for all the time that they put into testing this skin.

Enjoy and hope you will like it ;)

Best Regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Some more information about the new fanart plugin.

1. It does not download fanart for you
    2. It looks in your thumbs\music\album folder (that MP downloads album thumbs into for you) for any images matching the current played artist (it does a like comparison so if your image is called Madonna - Ray Of light.jpg or Madonna2.jpg or someting and the current artist is Madonna it will be a match).
    3. It looks in your thumbs\music\artist folder (that MP downloads artist thumbs into for you) for any images matching the current played artist (it does a like comparison so if your image is called Madonna - Ray Of light.jpg or Madonna2.jpg or someting and the current artist is Madonna it will be a match).
    4. It looks in your media\fanart\music folder (that you have to add images to yourself if you want to use additional fanart images) for any images matching the current played artist (it does a like comparison so if your image is called Madonna - Ray Of light.jpg or Madonna2.jpg or someting and the current artist is Madonna it will be a match). This also means that you can have as many Madonna images in this folder as you want and they will cycle;)
    5. All images found in 2,3 and 4 will then be cycled with 30 sec intervall.

cheers
    cul8er

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

2. It looks in your thumbs\music\album folder (that MP downloads album thumbs into for you) for any images matching the current played artist (it does a like comparison so if your image is called Madonna - Ray Of light.jpg or Madonna2.jpg or someting and the current artist is Madonna it will be a match).
    3. It looks in your thumbs\music\artist folder (that MP downloads artist thumbs into for you) for any images matching the current played artist (it does a like comparison so if your image is called Madonna - Ray Of light.jpg or Madonna2.jpg or someting and the current artist is Madonna it will be a match).
    4. It looks in your media\fanart\music folder (that you have to add images to yourself if you want to use additional fanart images) for any images matching the current played artist (it does a like comparison so if your image is called Madonna - Ray Of light.jpg or Madonna2.jpg or someting and the current artist is Madonna it will be a match). This also means that you can have as many Madonna images in this folder as you want and they will cycle;)

cheers
    cul8er

Would it be possible to implement fanart based on genre as well? Say you have a couple of singles from really obscure bands or camera shy artists in the same genre, it would be easier to just use "tech-trance" or "progressive metal" or whatever instead. This of course needs properly tagged files I guess.

Also, this screenshot shows a bug?

Emph

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

cheers
    cul8er

Really nice plugin. But could you make it optional which folder(s) are scanned? I ask because I believe the images in the thumb folders could look awful if they are enlarged...

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Would it be possible to implement fanart based on genre as well? Say you have a couple of singles from really obscure bands or camera shy artists in the same genre, it would be easier to just use "tech-trance" or "progressive metal" or whatever instead. This of course needs properly tagged files I guess.

Now that I've thought about it some more, how about (optionally) the plugin first looks at artist name, and then genre? So if the artist image is missing, it goes looking for another solution? It might of course be a bit slower...

:D
    Emph

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi,

cheers
    cul8er

Really nice plugin. But could you make it optional which folder(s) are scanned? I ask because I believe the images in the thumb folders could look awful if they are enlarged...

+ 1. I was going to ask the same thing, so please, cul8er, consider the possibiliby of disabling (does this word exist?) the thumb folders option.

The emphatic option also sounds great, but for that we need good genre-background pictures!

The rest of the issue-news are FANTASTIC, I don't know how but from one release to the next one XFactor looks better and better. Keep up with the good job cul8er, your skin is wonderful.

Regards,

Aitor

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom