About the X-Factor Skin (R479) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I will add an option to disable/enable any of the following directories from MP Configuration;
    * thumbs\music\album
    * thumbs\music\artist
    * media\fanart\music

Thanks for the suggestion.

About genres;
    This is a good suggestion but adding this now would delay the release of next version. I will add it to my todo list for the future;)

cheers
    cul8er

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thanks to you cul8er for considering our requests and doing such an incredible work, thank your very much!!!

If you don't mind, I want to show you a myfilms detail view in order to give you some ideas for improving the moving pictures detail view (and the myfilms view, of course). Here you have:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/351814-post56.html (see the last 3 pictures)

What do you think about adding those 3-4 boxes that act like control/sort buttons? The first one could be the tipical "Play" button, the second one the synopsis (like in the pictures), the third one the cast (actors, directores, writers,...), the fourth one mediainfo (when 0.8 version is out, of course),...

This way we will have more space for the synopsis and for the logos when 0.8 is out. Also, in the future we can add more boxes for trailers, subtitles downloading, more information screens (awards, film reviews,...),...

What do you think? I hope you and the rest of XFactor users like the idea, in my opinion that view is very spacious and clear.

Thanks for your work and regards,

Aitor

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I have now implemented the option to disable/enable any of the following directories from MP Configuration;
    * thumbs\music\album
    * thumbs\music\artist
    * media\fanart\music

Here are an image that shows the use of fanart in now playing..
    music_nowplaying.jpg

I also added a new feature that I called "Use fanart in now playing overlay". Look at the picture below to see what it does (hint: look at the now playing window). This feature is also one that can be disable/enable from within MP Configuration.
    moving_pictures_listview_with_music.jpg

I will now put the skin in a feature freeze to be able to make the new release this week as promised.

cheers
    cul8er

ErCa

Portal Member
    May 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I had one question about the new version.
    Will wide banner view - bottom right continue to exist?
    I love that view.
    I didn't see it in the screenshots or the xfactor skin setting screenshot.

(i noiticed just now that you had a poll about this and now i cant remove this post. But you didn´t say in that poll how you planned on doing)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi ErCa,

Thank you for your question. That view still exists in the new version. It is in the screenshot thread but hard to find because of all the pictures;) Or it this not the one you are looking for (see below).
    tvseries_series_widebanners.jpg

The bug with "pretty_name" that is in this picture is fixed by the way;)

best regards
    cul8er

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    hi cul8er ! i rally love what you doing with the music playing now ...hoop we can test it soon :)

:D

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    X-Factor R389 is now available for download

We are pleased to announce that the new version (R389) of the x-factor skin is now available for download. A lot have happened since last version. Well over 50 reported issues and enhancements that you the end users have reported are resolved.

Some news in the next version;
    • a complete new plugin (no configuration needed) that feeds music fanart images from your fanart & thumb directory to the x-factor skin allowing for the use of fanart in a very flexible way. Playing a song in now playing, playlist or last fm will automatically show corresponding fanart (see screenshots in thread below for example). In basichome music fanart is available as soon as you play a song and have the music menu selected.
    • Menu Editor is rewritten, has a few more options and now supports file browser dialog so that you can browse for files in your filesystem if you do not want to just type the filenames/directory names.
    • a 4th basichome menu design is available
    • many parts redesigned (now playing, playlist, last fm for example)
    • three animation schemas are available via the skin configuration (no zoom, zoom and beta1)
    • zoom effect is redone completely to give a more calm and smooth effect
    • tv channel group button in tv guide
    • most thumbnail view redesigned
    • new default poster image included
    • a lot menu images included for you to choose between in the menu editor
    • TVSeries listview redesigned
    • TVSeries listview now has two different designs (default and fanart) available for selection in the skin configuration
    • now playing overlay in basichome tuned a little

Screenshots in this thread (Screenshots) is now updated to reflect what you can aspect from the new version.

For a complete list of issues resolved look at this link (Issues - x-factor - Project Hosting on Google Code). All issues from 56 are things that have been fixed since last release.

A BIG thanks to everyone that have reported issues or suggested improvements and to the x-factor test team for all the time that they put into testing this skin.

Enjoy and hope you will like it;)

Please read these guides before asking questions about Installation, the Menu Editor Plugin or the Fanart Plugin
    The Menu Editor quide is a little out of date due to the late modifications to that plugin but we will fix this as soon as possible.

And as always, please remember to delete the cache after installation of a new version.

Best Regards
    cul8er

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom