About the X-Factor Skin (R479) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

webghost666

June 17, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi Cul8er

Thanks for a great skin, been using this from its beginning and your development is fantastic:D

Two little bugs that I see on my system.
1. When going from home to any other screen, a small part of todays weather text is left on the screen until the screen fully transistions to the new screen.
2. When returning to the home screen, it appears that the backgound of "games" and then "movies" very briefly appear, before showing the TV background.

My setup
TV is default home selection (4), games are 5 and movies 3.
I use vertical with RSS and weather always shown
MP v 1.02
This happened on 390 version as well.

let me know if you need any more info.
Thanks again

Same here (points 1 & 2) with same setup.

btw, keep up the good work !

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi ysmp,

Thank you for your feedback;) The issue with fanart is resolved and will be part of the new release within a couple of days (along with optional music playlist view and color theme). See issue here (Issue 110 - x-factor - Fanart plugin request - Project Hosting on Google Code).
    best regards
    cul8er

HI cul8er ! just one segastion for the fanart plugin ... now im adding more fanart's and the folder get biger and biger .... how abut
    to mack the rote like manu backdrop ,in a defrent folder then the skin (like My Documents)so we no need to worry abut copy all fanart evry updat ...to the skin ...

* tip this great plugin work with other skin to.....Thank you cul8er ..

dreesje

Portal Member
    March 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Cul8er,

When I take a look at your screenshot (attached image) for the Big Thumb View of the Musicpart, I see for every album both the Artist and the Album names.
    In my setup (same view) I can only see the album name. Is this just how you named your music folders or are there other ways to manage this?

My Music folders look like this :
    <Albums>
    |---<Artist1>
    |'''''''''''''|---<Album-Name1>
    |'''''''''''''|'''''''''''''''| TrackName1.mp3
    |'''''''''''''|'''''''''''''''| TrackName2.mp3
    |'''''''''''''|'''''''''''''''| TrackName3.mp3
    |'''''''''''''|''''''''''''''etc.
    |'''''''''''' |---<Album-Name2>
    |---<Artist2>
    |'''''''''''''|---<Album-Name1>
    |'''''''''''' |---<Album-Name2>

Kind regards,
    dreesje

Attachments

• music_bigthumbview.jpg
      music_bigthumbview.jpg
      229.6 KB

Hedstro

Portal Member
    August 8, 2009
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi cul8er.
    Thanks a lot for this new release!

I just have to say WOOOOW! It's awesome, love the new aeon inspired menu. This came as a surprise to me since I haven't been on the forum for a while.

Keep up the good work. You're keep making the best/nicest looking skin better for each new release!

/E

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

dreesje;
    This is how I have named my music folders (artist - album).

Hedstro;
    Glad that you like it;)

best regards
    cul8er

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Cul8er

Thanks for a great skin, been using this from its beginning and your development is fantastic:D

Two little bugs that I see on my system.
    1. When going from home to any other screen, a small part of todays weather text is left on the screen until the screen fully transistions to the new screen.
    2. When returning to the home screen, it appears that the backgound of "games" and then "movies" very briefly appear, before showing the TV background.

My setup
    TV is default home selection (4), games are 5 and movies 3.
    I use vertical with RSS and weather always shown
    MP v 1.02
    This happened on 390 version as well.

let me know if you need any more info.
    Thanks again

Same here (points 1 & 2) with same setup.

btw, keep up the good work !

No. 2 happens here as well, it's quite ugly - not sure about 1, I don't have weather 'always on', will keep an eye out for it later

craige1

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Alice Springs
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hello Cul8er,

Great skin, been using it for a while now. I've written a couple mods here and there for myself and even added support to the plugin I’m working on. You really do seem to come up with some great ideas. Knowing how great some of the parts of this skin are and the work you've put in to get it here make it hard to say this, but I’ve noticed something over time. Functionality is getting worse for the skin rather than getting better :(.

The TvSeries episode list has an episode thumbnail so small you can barely see it. I thought that you or other people might notice this and make it bigger but that doesn’t seem the case. In fact you ended up making the TV preview windows smaller instead. The TV controls all just sit in the top left corner of the main TV screen :(. I can mod this back myself which isn’t much of a problem, I’m more worried about this direction to make things smaller.

The other functionality problem I’ve noticed is with trying to navigate the screens. For some reason to get to the menu on the top of the screen, you have to go left :confused:. Not only is this confusing for someone like me who uses MP and xfactor a lot, but it also frustrates people like family and friends, who can’t for the life of them work out how to get to the menus up top. On the TV search window’s menu, you can only use the first three items before it just back to the list. On the Pictures window thumbs view you can’t tell the difference between pictures and folders. You can’t even see the names of the folders :(.

I really like xfactor and would love to continue using it, but at the rate its going, I’m going to have to stop using it simply because it’s just too small and confusing to use.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi craige1,

Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it. I have focused alot of adding plugin support, make new configurable options, changing colors and design so navigation, font size and size of some other stuff has suffered. I will look at this as my next priority for the skin so hopefully this will get better in versions to come. No use having something that looks nice but is not usable ;)

Please continue to add things that you think is to small or makes the skin hard to use and I will try to improve. It is hard to write plugins, create graphics, write skin xml, fix bugs, do the overall design and still keep focused:)

best regards
    cul8er

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi emphatic,

This is a very good idea. I can create a plugin that fetches data from MP musicdatabase and provide tags that can be used in the skin. Just need to find a way to do it without making scrollong slow;) I will look into this for sure. The fanart plugin really opened my eyes for what one can do with a simple plugin. MP databases store alot of nice info that are not allways available in the skins but it is easy enought to create a small plugin that has this feature.

You can follow progress on this matter here:
    Issue 117 - x-factor - According to hwahrmann (in this thread: A new Plugin for the Music-Part! Is it possible?) , album info can be displayed next to a list so when you go from one album/artist to the next, this could be displayed simultaneously. A

best regards
    cul8er

can someone provide a link to the fanart plugin?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom