About the X-Factor Skin (R479) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

craige1

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Alice Springs
Home Country
Australia Australia
It's great to know you listen to your users, its odly quite rare. I'll look forward to the improvments in upcoming releases, and mention any problems i notice. I've gotten quite used to working with your xml files now, and ususally try and fix any problems myself. I'll have to try "submiting" them to save you time of having to re do them, if you want them.

While im at it, i've converted and maintained a xfactor skin for the My Anime 2 plugin im working on. It works great and looks great (except for the absolute latest xfactor release since the xfactor fonts "vansihed", that be fixed in the next release). I was wondering if you want to add the plugin to the list of supported plugins for xfactor?

sonline

Portal Member
March 11, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
hi,

this new version is great. i most like the tvseries layout.

i only have some issues with music fanart - don't know whether anyone else mentioned it before.
i disabled artist and album thumbs, so that only fanart in the media folder is used. but i can only see the fanart when i go to lyrics. no fanart in now playing or playlist mode.

thanks a lot for this work

Yabba

Portal Pro
July 13, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
don't know whether anyone else mentioned it before.
i disabled artist and album thumbs, so that only fanart in the media folder is used. but i can only see the fanart when i go to lyrics. no fanart in now playing or playlist mode.

I guess that would be me who mentioned it before... still have the issue but I haven't noticed about the fanart being showed in Lyrics. It also happens that way here : no fanart in now playing or playlist or basichome but it's there in Lyrics. Glad to know I'm not the only one ... :)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi sonline and Yabba,

1. What is the full path to your xfactor skin folder?
    2. Is the skin folder called xfactor or something else?
    3. What is the full path to your /media/fanart/music folder?
    4. Please give me an example of a image that you have in the fanart folder that is not displayed (for example madonna.jpg).

best regards
    cul8er

sonline

Portal Member
    March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1. What is the full path to your xfactor skin folder?
    2. Is the skin folder called xfactor or something else?
    3. What is the full path to your /media/fanart/music folder?
    4. Please give me an example of a image that you have in the fanart folder that is not displayed (for example madonna.jpg).

hi cul8er,

1. c:\program files\team mediaportal\mediaportal\skin\xfactor\
    2. its called xfactor - nothing changed
    3. c:\program files\team mediaportal\mediaportal\skin\xfactor\media\fanart\music
    4. all pictures are named artist.jpg like madonna.jpg, depeche mode.jpg, coldplay.jpg

By the way, i'm using mediaportal on windows7, but with the last version of xfactor music fanart worked great.

thanks a lot.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi sonline,

What I can see is that you have the same space infront of music (fanart\ music) that Yabba has in his report. I cannot understand why you have a space there? Please make sure that the music folder is called "music" and not " music".

The only other thing I can think of is that you are runnig Windows 7. I have no installation of that operating system so I cannot test. Has onyone else Windows 7 and can let me know if the fanart plugin works?

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Some screenshots of the "add more info" to the music section that I'm working on. What do you think of the work so far?

This will not work if you use the "Share" view in music but supports all the other (like artist, album, albumartist...).

best regards
    cul8er

Attachments

• music_artist.jpg
      music_artist.jpg
      138.3 KB
    • music_album.jpg
      music_album.jpg
      110.3 KB
    • music_tracks.jpg
      music_tracks.jpg
      187.1 KB

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hey, what happened to that last post? Too early? :p

Emph

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

:) it is back again. Forgot to update the track image so I deleted the post while taking a new screenshot;)

cheers
    cul8er

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom