About the X-Factor Skin (R479) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Some screenshots of the "add more info" to the music section that I'm working on. What do you think of the work so far?

This will not work if you use the "Share" view in music but supports all the other (like artist, album, albumartist...).

best regards
    cul8er

It's looking very promising. I would prefer if it could look like MP-TV Series, layout wise. Because that's IMHO a very clever way for browsing. I've mentioned this before, but here's my idea of what would make a killer music section:

Artist = Series
    Album = Season
    Track = Episode
    Label = Network
    Lyrics = Episode overview (plot)

:D
    Emph

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi emphatic,

Thank you for your feedback. I really like your suggestion but my options on this is quite limited. I'm not writing a new music plugin that replaces the current music plugin (don't have the time). I'm only writing a plugin that uses current music plugin and then adds info that is allready in the MP music database and also adds info from MediaInfo. This limits me to use only current navigation of MP music plugin. What I can do is add more info to these screens..

best regards
    cul8er

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi emphatic,

Thank you for your feedback. I really like your suggestion but my options on this is quite limited. I'm not writing a new music plugin that replaces the current music plugin (don't have the time). I'm only writing a plugin that uses current music plugin and then adds info that is allready in the MP music database and also adds info from MediaInfo. This limits me to use only current navigation of MP music plugin. What I can do is add more info to these screens..

best regards
    cul8er

Okay. I totally understand. I just think that the layout you've used in MP-TV Series might perhaps be applied to MyMusic? The "Album" view for example is something I would never use. This could perhaps use some work?

Emph

Attachments

• albumview.jpg
      albumview.jpg
      126.2 KB

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi emphatic,

I will see what I can do (thanks for all your input). About the album view I have redone it so it should look ok now (I hope).

cheers
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I have started looking into navigation issues in the skin and allready made alot of changes and also increased size on some objects (like the tv preview window, see attached screenshot).

cheers
    cul8er

Attachments

• tv.jpg
      tv.jpg
      148.6 KB

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi,

Some screenshots of the "add more info" to the music section that I'm working on. What do you think of the work so far?

This will not work if you use the "Share" view in music but supports all the other (like artist, album, albumartist...).

best regards
    cul8er

Hi cul8er!!!!

Woooowwwww, that looks fantastic man, you never stop surprising me! I don't like very much the distribution of the artist view and the details view, but I don't know how this can be improved. I will think about it and give you an answer if I have an idea.

BTW, in which field of the music DB is this information stored?? :confused: ¿Comments?

Thanks for all your work and efford. Regards,

Aitor

Yabba

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I know I had the space before MUSIC when I posted before, and I don't know where it came from. I just made sure now it is NOT there. I'll copy it again and let's see if it gets added while sending...

Code:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Escritorio\MediaPortal\skin\XFactor\Media\FanArt\Music

BTW, NO Windows Seven here .... I'm running XP SP3

EDIT : after sending, there was a space added after the word SKIN. Now I'm editing and theres no space at all. It's weird but must have something to do with the forum, not our config.

EDIT 2 : After sending again, again the space was there. In this very moment I'm editing the message and it's not here, I swear :)

EDIT 3 : I tried deleting the cache folder and it worked!! just for once :(
    I played a song, went to Now Playing and the backdrop was there. I stopped the song, looked for a different album, and back it was the black screen. I tried again deleting the cache folder and again it worked... just for one song.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    After sending again, again the space was there. In this very moment I'm editing the message and it's not here, I swear :)

Yip, I can confirm that the original post, in edit mode, does not have a space but in normal display mode there is a space. Weird.
    I wrapped it with code tags, now it displays without problem.

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    vbulletin automatically insert spaces into long words to make them wrap after a certain number of characters to not blew up the layout. The default is 50 and thats why we see the spacing here (code-tag never wraps). Upped this to 100 for new postings now.
    Old ones can be fixed by an edit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom