About the X-Factor Skin (R479) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi bodiroga,

It is as emphatic writes. The music database is automatically updated by MP. MP adds all songs (you can manually scan in MP configuration). Then in MP if you have artist or album selected and press F3 MP will get additional data for that album or artist so no need to manually edit anything.

cheers
    cul8er

GoldenEye

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi Cul8er

Great and much appreciated work on this skin. Thanks for all your time you invest in this marvellous piece of work!

It would be awesome if you could support the not-yet-released 0.8 version of the Moving Picures plugin, which runs already rock-stable on my system.

This would bring me back to the X-factor skin which I temporarily needed to replace by the blue3wide skin version provided by the Moving Pictures team. This version already supports the not-yet-released 0.8 revision of the Moving Pictures plugin.

Thx a lot

G.

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi bodiroga,

It is as emphatic writes. The music database is automatically updated by MP. MP adds all songs (you can manually scan in MP configuration). Then in MP if you have artist or album selected and press F3 MP will get additional data for that album or artist so no need to manually edit anything.

cheers
    cul8er

Yes, that's it, I didn't remember the F3 button to get more information about the album and artist (BTW, can you add a button called "Information" in, for example, the now playing screen to get this information insted of having to press the unintuitive F3 key?). Buuuuutttttt... mediaportal download all this information in English, I can't do anything to edit all the information using a tag editor program and translate it to spanish? Perhaps this request should be in the mediaportal music section, so tell me and I will post it there ;)

cul8er, I've seen that in the musicdatabase.db3 are also stored the lyrics for each track so... can this information be used by your plugin to show lyrics in the now playing screen? I will remove the "album top tracks" information and include this as the mylyrics plugin needs another .xml file and can't be integrated in the now playing. What do you think?

Thanks for your work and regards,

Aitor

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Buuuuutttttt... mediaportal download all this information in English, I can't do anything to edit all the information using a tag editor program and translate it to spanish? Perhaps this request should be in the mediaportal music section, so tell me and I will post it there ;)

I agree, it would be very cool if you could set the information grabber yourself. Do you have a last.fm account, and if so, does it display your information in Spanish when you visit Last.fm - Listen to free music with internet radio and the largest music catalogue online? IIRC, MediaPortal uses Mediascrobbler to fetch this information, but I could be mistaken. Look in your plugins and see if there's a setting there for what info is downloaded/written to your database. You might wanna ask about this in the "Listen Music" section of this forum if there is perhaps another way.

Emph

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    HI cul8er! are we geting to a new version ?? do we have date & time ?? :D

Thank's,

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I'm sorry to say that due to unforseen things this weekend and beginning of this week, I will not be able to release next version of this skin as promised. I will have no time for skinning until next weekend so I will have to get back on when I can release the new version. Sorry for this.

best regards
    cul8er

roosterx

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2006
    Högsäter, Sweden
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    cul8er: I've been using StreamedMP for a while, and i must admit i've been very satisfied with it, but then i by 'accident' came across your skin, and as of now i am just testing it and some of its featured, and the more i use it i like it even more, so i just want to thank you for a great skin, and i am really looking forward to your next update.

:)

Fixit121

Portal Member
    July 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    installation failed

Hi!
    On my previous computer i used your skin, fantastic!
    After beuliding an htpc with windows 7 I can't get mediaportal to accept your skin.
    I've copied all the files as last time, but it doesn't show in the skin section in the configurator. Any ideas?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom