About the X-Factor Skin (R479) (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojo1411

Portal Pro
January 23, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have exactly the same problem here. When I first run MediaPortal after installation of the new X-Factor Skin, everything works fine. But when I run the menu editor and change something, the fanart background keeps black.
I'm waiting for help...:D

Olli0815

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2006
    same here...

....after deleting the old plugIn dll s of xfactor and a reinstall everything is fine

....if you don't want to configure the skin using the MenuEditor :confused:

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I hoped that this was fixed in this version, but its not.. When changing channels, there is no information about de TV channel in the black box:

The dialog that appears after pressing on the info button is different and does display info about the programm!

Also, I have no information about the selected movie in Online-Video's plugin with the x-factor skin.

Already looked into this problem?

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Olli0815,

Great news

....after deleting the old plugIn dll s of xfactor and a reinstall everything is fine

Can you confirm that you deleted the old fanart dll, then reinstalled X-Factor R479 + the Moving Pictures add on to fix the problem, or are you talking about a different dll?

One of my installations was a clean one, so no "old" dll's to delete and it has the problem.

Thanks

Robbo100

Petervs

Portal Member
    November 19, 2009
    Jhb
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Have a little issue with the text in the moving picutures plugin and the xfactor skin has anyone had this before ?
    xfactorprob.png

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Petervs
    What resolution are you useing. It looks like a 4:3 ratio. 720p and 1080p (16:9) work perfectly over here.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

I tried deleting all reference to fanart and xfactor and re-installing, but it did not fix the problem. Does the Moving Pictures install put a version of the fanart dll on the system? Could that be overwriting the latest version?

Olli0815, are you using the Moving Pictures addon?

Robbo100

Olli0815

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2006
    Hi Robbo100,

I thought it would be Okay -but it isn't.

as soon as you try to configure Xfactor using the MenuEditor and generate a new BasicHome - FanArt stuff is not working any more...
    Furthermore the MenuEditor contains old settings even if I deleted every Xfactor dll and so on...

So if you don't change the default Menu (or using the GUI inside of the skin settings) the FanArt stuff works fine...;-(

So we have to wait for the fix, or modify the BasicHome.xml manually....

Olli0815

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Can anyone having the problem with fanart not owrking after using the menu editor please attach their basichome.xml. If you do not give me anything to investigate I cannot find the issue. Thank you in advance.

best regards
    cul8er

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom