About the X-Factor Skin (R479) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
First of all, this skin kicks ass, thanks for the work done!
I am just new to HTPC setup and for some reason after installing the right fonts (incl. reboot so Windows picks up the fonts) the menus still seem to have fonts that are too big and in the vertical menu the items seem to not fit the menu space. Am I missing something in the config?

Do you by any chance use the 120dpi fonts inside Windows? If you do, go back to the 96dpi setting. changing this messes up a lot.
(right click on desktop > properties > Settings > Advanced > General tab > DPI settings to Normal.)

FurY2007

Portal Member
January 4, 2010
Nope, I am using 96dpi as default. Can't seem to find a font size zetting in the xml files of this skin either ...

erikture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I am also having the same font problem.
    I did a fresh install of my HTPC yesterday.
    I switched to Windows 7 x64 and Mediaportal 1.1 beta and the latest SVN.
    Now I am getting large fonts. I have copied the fonts files to windows/fonts, restarted and I have 96 dpi selected.

Why do I get large fonts now?
    I did not get it before on Vista. I am actually using the same skinfiles as they are on a share not on the local computer.

/Erik

FurY2007

Portal Member
    January 4, 2010
    I am on 32bit W7 Ultimate and Mediaportal 1.02 .. haven't been able to resolve it which sucks because I love this skin

erikture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have done a little more digging and found out the following.
    I have 2 htpc, one running windows vista x64 and Mediaportal 1.0.2 and one running Windows 7 x64 and Mediaportal 1.1.
    They use the same skinfiles located on a server. On the vista computer everything is ok. On the windows 7 machine the fonts are bigger and all letters related to the skin are in uppercase.

Why?

/Erik

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe too stupid to even ask, but after putting in the new fonts in the correct directory; Did you clear the cash of the x-factor skin? Dont even know for sure if this could have an effect... (anything to fix a problem :) )

FurY2007

Portal Member
    January 4, 2010
    I can answer for me with a yes, they are installed, rebooted after install to make sure the fonts would be picked up.. still nothing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom