About the X-Factor Skin (R479) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thankyou for the answer.
    How can I link Xfactor with MP videos?. I have more than 100 films imported in MP Videos and don't want to re-import in moving pictures again.

You should really give Moving Pictures a go though, the import is a breeze compared to MediaPortal's built in video plugin. Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes unless you're on a 56k connection. :p

However if you choose not to, you just use the "XFactor menu editor" (in the MediaPortal plugin section) and create your own menu with it. If I remember correctly, you should have the default menu's settings visible at first, and you can edit it to your liking. Then click "save" (the plugin will then load YOUR settings the next time you use it) and then "Generate Basic Home".

Emph

Antuan_7

December 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thanks again.

In the "xfactor menu editor", you select the xml pluging and type the text the menu shows, is it? Which is the xml that I need to select to use the MP Video?

Regards

PaulAEvans

Portal Member
    February 29, 2008
    East Anglia, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am having terrible problems editing using the patched menu editor........ this is a shame as skin has lots of potential.

I am getting very inconsistent results with edit where I make changes to background as per the guide sometimes they work sometimes they dont? The thumbnail images seem ok. The single image background are giving me problems on main and sub menus. The worst though is that even if you regenerate a home, save..and then go back to re-edit it does not always bring back the previous settings to re edit??? I have even tries to sidestep this by doing XML edit but you need editor to regenerate home???

I'm using R479 witn patch for editor ver 1.0 with latest xfactor.dll from this forum.

I have de-installed cleaned registry and re-installed with no joy???

I am using MP beta 1.1 with svn 24669

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    New release of x-factor skin available this weekend

Hi PaulAEvans,

I will release a new version of the x-factor skin this weekend (or early next week) that I hope solves these problems.

Some teaser images are attached;) Hope you like them.

best regards
    cul8er

Attachments

• Music Library.jpg
      Music Library.jpg
      506.8 KB
    • Moving Pictures Big Thumbnails.jpg
      Moving Pictures Big Thumbnails.jpg
      539.7 KB
    • Moving Pictures Details.jpg
      Moving Pictures Details.jpg
      587.4 KB
    • Moving Pictures Long List.jpg
      Moving Pictures Long List.jpg
      681.4 KB
    • Moving Pictures Short List.jpg
      Moving Pictures Short List.jpg
      532.7 KB
    • Moving Pictures Filmstrip.jpg
      Moving Pictures Filmstrip.jpg
      658.4 KB
    • Lyrics.jpg
      Lyrics.jpg
      480.3 KB
    • Music Now Playing.jpg
      Music Now Playing.jpg
      600.9 KB
    • Music Playlist.jpg
      Music Playlist.jpg
      629 KB
    • TVSeries Short List Series.jpg
      TVSeries Short List Series.jpg
      645.3 KB
    • TVSeries Short List Episodes.jpg
      TVSeries Short List Episodes.jpg
      457.7 KB
    • TVSeries Long List Series.jpg
      TVSeries Long List Series.jpg
      620.2 KB
    • TVSeries Long List Episodes.jpg
      TVSeries Long List Episodes.jpg
      601.9 KB

PaulAEvans

Portal Member
    February 29, 2008
    East Anglia, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Look forward to new release.

These new images look superb very professional and what I'm looking for.

In my view your catch 22 is that you have produced a fantastic looking and highly configurable skin but its the inconsistency/bug in the editor that lets down your skin. Its only because I think you skin is one if not the best looking MP skin that Ive persevered as long as I have.... please carry on with development of editor.

n.b as enhancement thoughts for the future it would be great if as well as saving Xfactor configuration you could also load configurations.

In addition are there any discussions relating to the structure of where and how your xml files are used pre and post generating a New BasicHome?

Thanks for good work

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi PaulAEvans,

Thank you for your feedback.

Its only because I think you skin is one if not the best looking MP skin that Ive persevered as long as I have.... please carry on with development of editor.
    If you run into an issue please report it and I will try to resolve it as soon as I can. If I don't get issue reports I don't know about the problem and in this case it sounds as if you have had this problem for a while.

best regards
    cul8er

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Cul8er,

Thank your for improving X-factor even further.
    I do have a suggestion for you. I find editing in the menu editor on a resolution of 720p makes the screen a little cramped.
    My suggestion is a bit more cosmetic. I was thinking:
    - make editor window in 16:9 ratio and correctly visable in 720p res.
    - make the editor feel like it is in reality inside MP itself. Menu's from left to right
    - Add a scroll bar to make it all fit in the width.
    - Add an import/export button. This is more user friendly for people who dont know how to find x-factor path.

I created a abstract view of what I was thinking. See the screenshot. Hope you like it and see a benifit of it. :)

Attachments

• wiljemenu.JPG
      wiljemenu.JPG
      56.6 KB

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi cul8er,

I really love the "new" overlays on movies and episodes. The codec/ratio logos in Moving Pictures Big Thumbs are extremely small. Did you ever try to remove some other info to make room for bigger renditions of them?

Emph

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi cul8er,

I really love the "new" overlays on movies and episodes. The codec/ratio logos in Moving Pictures Big Thumbs are extremely small. Did you ever try to remove some other info to make room for bigger renditions of them?

Emph

Maybe he can put the movie title in the centre (bigger that what now looks) and move the movie info and logos to the right and left hands. I will put runtime and genre in the left side and logos in the right side. Just my thought, I'm sure that you will make a great mockup with your ideas ;)

And cul8er, if you accept more suggestion, can you move the logos in moving pictures long list view a little bit up? (what an awful sentense, I hope you can understand it). The is enough space to move them up. What do you think?

Congratulations and thanks for your work cul8er, the new screenshots look really good (I really like the new music library view with the bigger artist cover).

Looking forward to try the new version of the skin, thanks for your effort.

Regards,

Aitor

ixdvc

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: About the X-Factor Skin (R479)

I like these new screenshots, but I think the former font was a lot better than the new one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom