About the X-Factor Skin (R479) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adnup

Portal Member
January 9, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

sometimes I get an Outdated Skin warning !

Does not happen when rebooting, but when I close MP and then reopen it,
this message shows !

Any Idea ?

Greetz
adnup

I think you use MP1.1 Alpha, right? This skin is for 1.0.2 - see first post of this thread...

No, I use 1.0.2 with Mov-Pict. 7.5 and TVSeries 2.3 on WinXP SP3 !

Hi,
does no one have an Idea why i get the Outdated Skin warning ? Never had that problem before since I use Xfactor ! :-(

Bye
adnup

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    does no one have an Idea why i get the Outdated Skin warning ? Never had that problem before since I use Xfactor !

If I recall correctly, the references.xml of xfactor will be compared to the references.xml of B3 or B3W skin. Did you chance anything in there?

Can you post your mediaportal.log file?

adnup

Portal Member
    January 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    does no one have an Idea why i get the Outdated Skin warning ? Never had that problem before since I use Xfactor !

If I recall correctly, the references.xml of xfactor will be compared to the references.xml of B3 or B3W skin. Did you chance anything in there?

Can you post your mediaportal.log file?

Hi rekenaar,
    it seems your hint solved the Problem. Thanx. :)
    I've had removed all unneeded Skins in the Skinfolder into an sub-Folder !
    Now i 've put the Blue3 and Blue3wide back in there position and there's no more outdated message !

thanks a lot.
    ByeBye
    adnup

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi ysmp,

Thank you for your screenshots. This looks so strange, nothing like it shows on my 40" LCD running 1920x1080. Anyone else have this problem? Please let me know if more users have this experience or if it looks good on your system.

best regards
    cul8er

I am also running at 1920x1080 to my plasma and I don't have any text/font overlapping issues.

ysmp, it must be something related to your graphics processor/driver chain. Which graphics card and driver are you using?

Just for reference I have an ATI Radeon HD 3470 running Catalyst 9.5 drivers.
    hi damast ! my card INTEL GMA 4500(512MB)ON BOARD TYPE ,driver the one that come with the cd ..
    i downlad the now the latest i will instal tomarrow (her is 03:58 ) ..
    ysmp

hi cul8er ! her are the screenshots from my lcd full hd res' 1920 x1080 , as you can see thir is meny place font overlaaping , or cut from the screen , abut besic home with weather down it also on the down part cut of in the 2 style
    menus , abut the music icons the first line is abut 10~15% under the topbg ,,,, any way im sure you can see all ..
    please let me know ...soon i will start mack the ajustment for my mod ...
    thanks again..
    ysmp.

This looks like a font issue. The offset is the same for me, but my fonts look smaller. Did you install the font package?

/E

hi hedstro! yes i instal the font ..
    ysmp

Hi ysmp,

Thank you for your screenshots. This looks so strange, nothing like it shows on my 40" LCD running 1920x1080. Anyone else have this problem? Please let me know if more users have this experience or if it looks good on your system.

best regards
    cul8er

I don't have this issue with my 1080 set, using HD3200 and font installed. But I do have a problem with overlapping with the Onlinevideos plugin List Layout.

A while ago, I had problems with fonts in MP when I increased my font DPI to a higher percentage. Could be the issue.

Excellent work on the skin Cul8er!:D
    hi orph ! no i did not chang the DPI in any way ..
    ysmp

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

just installed this skin yesterday - color me impressed, this is a very cool skin!

Just a couple of things to note:
    The red 'recording' dot could be repositioned; currently it overlaps the 'M' in the 'Time P.M.' - this is at 1920x1080, perhaps this is positioned correctly in 1280x720.

In TV Series front screen, Series select, perhaps the 'Date started, continuing/ended' could be removed - I find it detracts from the title of the selected show (ie, '24 (2001/06/11 (continuing))' - doesn't look very swish); this information is available on the 'Season select' page, I don't think it needs to be on the main screen.

In the music section, filmstrip mode, there is no text indicating the Album name of the currently highlighted album (although the pic on the front page of this thread seems to show artist text in Music/Filmstrip mode - perhaps it's an issue with my install).

Anyways, awesome skin, keep up the great work!!

takiskgr

Portal Member
    February 28, 2009
    Patras
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hi,
    I have a problem with this skin. I use the greek language in media portal
    It displays a symbol instead of the greek "p" character in any word displayed in the skin.
    I think that is a problem with the fonts that the skin uses.
    How can i fix this problem ?

mariusau

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2008
    Trondheim
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    In the music section, filmstrip mode, there is no text indicating the Album name of the currently highlighted album (although the pic on the front page of this thread seems to show artist text in Music/Filmstrip mode - perhaps it's an issue with my install).

Let me know if you find solve this. I have the same problem/bug.

Marius

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Just to let you all know that I won't be releasing the new version today as promised. I'm busy with a new Video and TV OSD;) Hopefully this will be ready tomorrow. I have also redone the design of music list view as the current layout in my opinion was just not like the rest of the xfactor style and some other small changes:) along with bugfixes reported by you.

best regards
    cul8er

_rm_

Portal Pro
    June 10, 2008
    Lisbon
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    I dont know if this is the correct place to ask this, because i don't know if the subjects are related, but here goes:

I will install this skin later tonight along with the moving pictures plugin, where will the downloaded data (the covers and movie info) be stored?

Thanks in advance

Hedstro

Portal Member
    August 8, 2009
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I dont know if this is the correct place to ask this, because i don't know if the subjects are related, but here goes:

I will install this skin later tonight along with the moving pictures plugin, where will the downloaded data (the covers and movie info) be stored?

Thanks in advance
    Downloaded data:
    [drive]:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\movingpictures.db3

Coverart:
    [drive]:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\MovingPictures

/E

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom