About the X-Factor Skin (R479) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dietbutcher

Portal Member
February 4, 2007
Hello All,

Thank you to cul8er for a great Skin.

I am having an issue where after watching a TV show using the latest version of my TV Series, the resolution of the Skin seems to jump to 640x480 forcing me to manually reset the resolution to 1920x1080.

Has anyone encountered this issue before?

Thanks.

orph

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Nice Cul8er

However, I'm finding the new skin buggy. The xfactor layout is crashing on me whenever I try to jump sub-menu

Log:

2009-10-23 13:18:34.897000 [ERROR][MPMain]: No translation found for id 830711
    2009-10-23 13:18:39.806000 [ERROR][MPMain]: No translation found for id 830711

2009-10-23 13:25:08.166000 [ERROR][AsyncImageResource.setFilenameWorker]: TextureManager: LoadGraphic - invalid thumb(C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Fan Art\fanart\original\79501-13.jpg)
    ***although the image is there***

and

23-10-2009 13:24:01.436 [1338]FontEngineAddTexture -- called when inPresentTextures == true - possible bug...
    23-10-2009 13:24:04.402 [1b9c]FontEngineRemoveTexture - called when inPresentTextures = true, using delayed remove for 1946
    23-10-2009 13:24:04.412 [948]FontEnginePresentTextures -- delayed texture removal 1946
    23-10-2009 13:24:35.327 [11b0]FontEngineAddTexture -- called when inPresentTextures == true - possible bug...
    23-10-2009 13:25:37.061 [1a98]FontEngineAddTexture -- called when inPresentTextures == true - possible bug...

Also, it seems the fan art in TV series aren't working as well anymore... whether you use poster or fan art layout, the background stays generic on some.

Sorry for the let down... but I have faith in you. :)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi everyone,

I have made a big misstake on the new x-factor menu. Well not on the menu but I have forgot to inform you (and put a warning text in the skin configuration where you choose layouts) that that layout is only valid if you run MP1.1Beta. I'm very sorry for this. So to all you MP1.02 users. Do not use that menu because it will not work and MP will crash. To get back to the normal menu open MP configuration and run the menu editor, then generate a new menu and you can continue with the other three menues (horizontal, vertical and Aeon). I will make a new version in hours that has a warning text in the skin configuration on the x-factor menu.

I appologize for this.

best regards
    cul8er

orph

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Ah... no worries. Thanks anyways. Meanwhile, any idea as to why fan arts aren't showing up in TV Series on some shows?

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi orph,

Not yet, I'm unable to reproduce it on my two systems. Have you used the skin configuration and choosen animations or are you using the default ones?

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi orph,

The error message you posted;
    2009-10-23 13:25:08.166000 [ERROR][AsyncImageResource.setFilenameWorker]: TextureManager: LoadGraphic - invalid thumb(C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Fan Art\fanart\original\79501-13.jpg)
    This is probably why the TVSeries fanart isn't showing. This is an error from the TVSeries plugin (I think). Have you tried to open that thumb in a image program and see if it is ok?

best regards
    cul8er

orph

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yeah, the image looks fine in .. lets say, IE.

I tried both, animation and simple and same results both times. I also cleared the cache just to be sure.

I'm away from my system right now, but I'll try it on another machine tonight... maybe it's just the configuration of this one system.

Thanks... i'll let you know!

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I'm uploading a new version right now (R390) that includes three small fixes;
    * better error handling in the fanart plugin (should prevent the error messages some users have reported)
    * included warning text for non MP1.1 users to not use the xfactor basichome layout
    * included the new fanart plugin in the MPI installation (was missing)

I'm off now but will be back on sunday so please continue to post any issues that you find.

best regards
    cul8er

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I'm uploading a new version right now (R390) that includes three small fixes;
    * better error handling in the fanart plugin (should prevent the error messages some users have reported)
    * included warning text for non MP1.1 users to not use the xfactor basichome layout
    * included the new fanart plugin in the MPI installation (was missing)

I'm off now but will be back on sunday so please continue to post any issues that you find.

best regards
    cul8er

When playing back .mkv (MP-TVseries) and pulling up the OSD, I can't get the up twice to work (running MP 1.0.2). Does the VideoOSD also have new code aimed at the 1.1 beta? Would copying over that file from the old version work if so?

Edit: trying to show the nowplayingOSD also crashes MP. The media continues to play, but I get a question about reporting it to Microsoft.

Edit2: Downloaded and tried the new version and it seems to work flawlessly (at least no more issues with the videoOSD). I used the mpi when installing 389, so perhaps the missing plugin was the culprit).
    Thanks
    Emph

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom