About the X-Factor Skin (R630) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

montecristo

Portal Pro
May 29, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Re: About the X-Factor Skin (R615)

hi,

i have a small but annoying problem.

when playing an album you see the cd cover on the screen of the currently playing cd.
when i start playing the cover is showing, but however after a short while the cover is replaced by the (orange) default album cover (defaultalbum.png or nothumb.png) and then it stays like this.
the original cover is only coming back after i scroll through the list. but after a short while it is replaced again by the default album cover.

i seem to have the exact same problem with my DVD's. it replaces it by defaultposter after a short while.

does somebody know how i can fix this problem?
everything seems to work fine, but this annoyes me a bit.

kind regards,

Montecristo

nobody?
i'm not sure if it has to do with the skin or with something else.
maybe it's the fanart, but i don't see anything wrong with this.

montecristo

Portal Pro
May 29, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium

can someone tell me where i can find the language strings for this skin or where i can change them?
there are a few flaws in the dutch language in this skin, so i want to fix this but i don't know where i can do this.

what i've noticed so far is the following:
when in the "my music" mode the "view options" is still in english.
in "my weather" the min and max temp are still in english (high and low)
when i start a movie there is a dialog box coming up to ask if you want to restart or continue the movie. this is also in english, in the previous version it was in dutch.

if someone can tell me how to change this then i can do it myself.

regards,

Montecristo

FIXED:
i found out that it should be coming from the language string and that these 2 lines where missing in the string which caused mp to automatically switch over the missing strings to the english one. so i added the 2 missing lines in the dutch strings and now it is OK.

scorpie

Portal Pro
November 5, 2009
Nürnberg
Home Country
Germany Germany

Hi,

I really like this skin, but I have a little problem with my Videos. How does your skin handle the backdrops there. I thought it is not possible to have them in my Videos. But I do have them, not to all movies, but for the most. I have installed Moving Pictures, too. Does my Videos get them from there (should be, cuz this is the only way to get them) and if yes why not all? Are there some specifications like the name, the lengs of the name or,or, or

thanks
scorpie

edit:

The scrolling is a mess since myVideos supports backdrops or is this just am bug. It stops every third or fourth movie an I have to press the up ord down key again for the next three movies. How can I change this behavior in myVideos - I don't need backdrops like in Mpving Pictures.

could someone help me please

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi,

Thanks for all feedback. I will look into the reported issues and get back to you. In the meantime you can look at the attached image of a new layout for now playing music screen (will be a third option).

best regards
    cul8er

Attachments

• new_nowplay3.jpg
      new_nowplay3.jpg
      175.7 KB

montecristo

Portal Pro
    May 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

hi cul8er,

i like this skin very much.
    but i have a small suggestion.

it would be nice if i scroll through my albums that i also could see the artist name of the selected album.
    because sometimes if you don't know it out of your mind you don't who's the artist of the selected album.

i added an example of what i'm trying to say.
    you will see it is a screenshot from a previous version but that isn't much different with the current version.
    you can offcourse (if it is possible) also put this somewhere else on the screen.

regards,
    Montecristo

Attachments

• example1.jpg
      example1.jpg
      299.5 KB

dfcwolf

Portal Member
    February 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary

Hi!

I like this skin! I think this is a best! But, i have a problem. When i set the "start MP with windows start" option, the start session is freez when the screen say "initializing imput devices"

How can i fix it????

Thanks!

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi dfcwolf,

Thank you for your feedback. Please attach your mediapostal.log, error.log and fanarthandler.log so that I can investigate. I use the same option as you and have no problem so I'm sure we will be able to fix this.

best regards
    cul8er

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

look at the attached image of a new layout for now playing music screen (will be a third option).

That looks very nice indeed.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

Hi,

Thanks for all feedback. I will look into the reported issues and get back to you. In the meantime you can look at the attached image of a new layout for now playing music screen (will be a third option).

best regards
    cul8er

Hi cul8er !
    how are you ? this new view ..look rally good ...wow ... i like it best from all musicplaying now views ...
    can we get it now ...?

you all time keep Surprise us with good staff ,,,,thanks for all the work you put in the fanart and xfactor ...:D

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi ysmp,

Thank you for your feedback;)

The new design is already committed to SVN and you can get it from there if you like or wait a couple of days and the next version of this skin will be available. No news in the next version (except from the new music now playing layout), only bug fixed.

best regards
    cul8er

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom