About the X-Factor Skin (R630) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Re: About the X-Factor Skin (R615)

Did you miss little Spuddies post? (#123)

dfcwolf

Portal Member
    February 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary

Hi dfcwolf,

Please open MP configuration and under "General" you will find "Startup Delay". Set this to for example 10 seconds on startup and see if it helps. The error you get is about directx (not sure why). Please let me know if this works.

best regards
    cul8er

Hi cul8er!

When I setup the startup delay, the MP is working. Thanks the solution.

I see the directx problem... Reinstalled the graphic card driver, and working fine without the 10 sec startap delay... Thanks again!

One more thing. :)
    Have any volume indicator in the skin? Because if i increase the volume, i would like see the scale or something... :)

Thanks again!

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi SpudR,

Thanks for your feedback.

I have an odd error - when I press down to view the weather it show fine (although the last updated line says #infoservice.weather)
    This is now fixed and will be included in next version, thank you.

When I go into the menu system (I use the images with RSS) which I have not changed from the default setup, select the last icon, and then choose weather forecast it says it can't find info for my city
    This is the normal myWeather page that you enter when you press that item. Have you configured your city in MP Configuration under Weather (not the infoservice part)? If you choose blue3wide as your skin and enter Weather page. Do you get weather data?

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi dfcwolf,

Good to hear that you solved it.

Volume indicator... I use spif so I have never noticed that this is missing (if it is). I will check and see what I can do.

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi,

I have decided not to implement a new basichome layout just now. I want it to be something new and something useful. So if I get inspired perhaps we get a new basichome. All ideas and mockups are welcome.

I have however implemented this in the new version;
    1. If you play music and the goto basichome all is as before BUT if you are inactive for more that six seconds the basichome (all variant) fade and this appears;
    60728d1271746838-about-x-factor-skin-r615-new_nowplay3.jpg

when you tuch the remote, the "now playing" screen fades and you see your basichome.

2. If you play a movie and the goto basichome all is as before BUT if you are inactive for more that six seconds the basichome (all variant) fade and a screen similay to the one above appars but you will see a video window and info about the movie. When you tuch the remote, the "now playing" screen fades and you see your basichome.

All will be included in next version and are now available in SVN ;)

best regards
    cul8er

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Wow, this is so amazingly user friendly, and an awesome idea altogether. This forum needs an icon for applauds.

Emph

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi fabien44,

The link is automatically created by goggle and when I test it it works. Very strange.

best regards
    cul8er

jazzor

Portal Member
    October 8, 2006

The skin is down. When trying to download, it says "Fatal error - attempt to access unpublished file by non-admin user".

crackdown

Portal Pro
    November 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi,

I have decided not to implement a new basichome layout just now. I want it to be something new and something useful. So if I get inspired perhaps we get a new basichome. All ideas and mockups are welcome.

I have however implemented this in the new version;
    1. If you play music and the goto basichome all is as before BUT if you are inactive for more that six seconds the basichome (all variant) fade and this appears;
    60728d1271746838-about-x-factor-skin-r615-new_nowplay3.jpg

when you tuch the remote, the "now playing" screen fades and you see your basichome.

2. If you play a movie and the goto basichome all is as before BUT if you are inactive for more that six seconds the basichome (all variant) fade and a screen similay to the one above appars but you will see a video window and info about the movie. When you tuch the remote, the "now playing" screen fades and you see your basichome.

All will be included in next version and are now available in SVN ;)

best regards
    cul8er

Great to see that this skin has so much support. Just wanted to put in my 5 cents:

I can confirm that the volume indicator is not working. When I use sp/dif, it does not show by default. However, when I use mpconfig to use my loudspeakers it does show in some screens but certainly not in all. If you like i can make screengrabs of this situation.

Since I have bought a mediacenter with touchscreen, i came to the conclusion that x-factor is not the most user-friendly skin. The best layout to use is RSS images, but its quite difficult to control since this layout does not start with all the subsections unfolded. So If I could make a recommendation for a new basichome screen, I definately would recommend a touchscreen friendly x-factor skin. At this moment I use blackglass on my touchscreen and X-factor on my non-touchscreen HTPC. However I would prefer x-factor on both, simply because I think x-factor rules them all :D
    Anyway,thanks again for all your hard work!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom